No announcement yet.

Root Polaroid PMID706?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how you dump and reflash images? can you share the image files? tools?

Originally posted by puckandy View Post
    I finally got my 706 rooted with cydia impactor, but does anyone have a suggestion about how to get the google play store to load? I've tried a few different ways, but had no luck. I also haven't figured out how to get this into Flash mode. Any ideas?
    Great to know cydia impactor it is. Earlier winemermaid said you need to push google play, google services, and google framework to system apps. twitchh made an all-in-one zip file. Sorry mine is bricked so have no idea how you do it exactly, but sure you do not need to reflash.

Does anybody get to dump and reflash the images? What tool to use? Can you share your dumped images? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello!

Hmmm... Seems there's still no definitive answer on how to successfully root this tablet. As for myself, I just CAN'T seem to get the root directory to unlock to write to it.

The older Polaroid tablets didn't have this problem. Seems that it locks root into read only as part of the startup process. I got nowhere with cydia impactor - not exactly sure how to use it.

A while back, Finless helped out by creating a custom rooted ROM for another tablet. Now that I have a ROM dump for upload, perhaps he'll help us all out again with this one...

73 DE N4RPS
      Rob
      Last edited by N4RPS; 01-17-2014, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by twitchh View Post
        I had a problem with the setup wizard apk that was in this thread. Ended up causing me to brick my tablet (my own fault because my "fix" method wasn't a very good idea in retrospect).

I found a better file and repackaged the root zip with working Google Play files.

So, (even if you already rooted) run the bat file in this zip and it'll root and install Google Play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkd7l838wn...ot%2Bgapps.zip
        Thank you! This made my life so less complicated lol

Comment

More info needed

Originally posted by drsrjohn View Post
          Thank you! This made my life so less complicated lol
          I'm missing something. Can someone give me a step by step. Where do you run the bat file from? A PC or the android device (can't seem to run it from android)?

I'm using a mac but suppose I could run this via an emulator.

Are there any prerequisites to these instructions.

Comment

Hello!

Personally, I don't see how ANYONE ever successfully rooted this way. The script never seems to obtain R/W access through ADB to make the changes. Everything I knew of before finding THIS failed to root for one reason or another.

I have returned to share a link with you folks to root this tabby WITHOUT all the ADB stuff. That's right - NO PC NEEDED.

It's written in Indonesian, but it works. (Seems as if the kid had his own share of issues with it, also.)

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

The APK can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ny...ogspot.com.apk

Follow the video, download/transfer the APK to the tablet, install it, run it, click 'Mulai Root'. Another screen will pop up. Press 'Root' on THAT screen.

You may see a message like "The network links failure, please check." In the comments, someone said to disregard that. I ran the APK again anyway.

Eventually, you SHOULD see a third screen with the left button ringed in red. Click that, run a root checker, and you're done. I rebooted,.nonetheless...

Enjoy your now-rooted tablet!

73 DE N4RPS
            Rob

Comment

** DEAD LINK ALERT **

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkd7l838wn...ot%2Bgapps.zip

Comment

Working...
              X