Here for X2 red light issue and other problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more person waiting for a solution!

Updating Beelink via USB is not working.

Tested with :
    Windows 10;
    PhoenixSuit_V1.08 to PhoenixSuit_V1.10;
    All ROMS;

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGTOP View Post
      Dear all X2 user,
      Appologize deeply for my mistake for this problem that the red led aways lights and power fail.
      I describe it here and try my best to do some rescue.

features: The red LED aways lights even pressing power button,fail to power on. It now aways appearance, it is a small probability event, but will lock the CPU into recovery mode even power again (recovery mode is one of the CPU modes, waiting for download the image from USB cable). Two ways to rescue the device, replace the resistance to a 47K resistance, or update image to remove the power button function.
      route cause: There is a up-pull resistance to a aways on power VCC_RTC to drive the LED. For the resistance value 1K is too small to lead a 1.2V leakage to the CPU and then to eMMC. The eMMC power should be no power supply when waiting pressing power on button, but there is 1.2V exist.
      solution: two ways: 1,replace the 1K resistance to 47K, the leakage will be lower than 0.4V, which is in safe state. 2,remove the state waiting pressing power on button in the software. The first method is adopted all the way, but this time a SMT error takes place.

Why we hadnot notice it so many long times? We had used two eMMC chips. We had noticed this leakage when introducing the new eMMC, so we update the BOM the same time using new eMMC. But this batch manufacture at 20150910, it is 2380 pieces,there is a package old eMMC 1360 piece need to be used .The SMT switch to the old BOM in the view of the old eMMC and heard that the two eMMC is pin-pin compatible.

I upload a image for this issue. It removes the power button functions based on version 202K4.
      feature: 1, the same as 202k4 except the POWER BUTTON function and OTA. such as, 720p60 resolutions and Mbox logo.
      update method: USB cable.
      download link:https://mega.nz/#!ooxkAIKC!bT9RYSycd...wgsDy4ktR2e2OY

This version do not have OTA . I will upload newer one with OTA tonight and will be updated and served the same as the normal version.

The attached picture signs the error resistance. If replace this resistance to 40K~60K ,it will be ok.

Sorry and thanks for you read the whole article.
      Hi
      I change the resistor and NOTHING.
      Both solutions are zero.
      Thank you very much

Comment

Hi
        I too have had my Beelink X2 only for a couple of weeks and now the red power light stays on and I cannot boot it (blue light) - so it is unusable at the moment.
        I have read all the forum information I can find about this.
        My problem is I cannot get my device flash either by using the USB cable or SD card.
        I follow the instructions and within Phoenix suit it always says No Device Attached! I hold down the pin button attach the device and release, no prompt nothing. i have tried on multiple machines (2x windows 10 and 1x windows 7) and using 2 different cables.
        Device shows in device manager (there is an exclamation mark)

What am i missing here, I have spent hours on this already, can anyone help!

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          I also have a Beelink X2 from dealsmachine.com and it worked fine for 2 weeks but now i only see a red light and it doesnt respond to the button on top or the remote.
          If i understand it right it is not possible to fix it with only a microSD or Usb stick straight into the x2?
          i really need a special USB cable and special programs on the PC?

Comment

Hi everybody, I have 2 boxes, 1 with 104k4 version and 1 with x2_203k4.
            In 104k4 version when is on, light is blue.
            When is off, light is off.
            In x2_203k4 version when is on, light is blue.
            ​When is off, light is red.
            It's better for me to have no light when is off.
            How i can do that in x2_203k4, please ?

​Regards.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I found the solution that works.

1. Download PhoenixCard 3.09 (in link above).
              2. Download a new firmware ( I tested [ROM] SC_V1.1 Custom Rom Beelink X2 and X2_203K4 both in this forum and works)
              2. Prepare a sd-card (my was 16GB with class 10) -> format FAT32. Put in your PC windows.
              3. Run phoenixcard.exe
              4. Choose the new firmaware
              5. Select "Startup" in Write Mode
              6. Select "Burn"
              7. If the process ok, remove sdcard of the PC and put your sdcard in X2
              8. Conect power and it will install the new software (the first install waiting 5 - 10 minutes aprox.)
              9. You will be happy.
              10. The sdcard must be always connected in X2. (In next reboots the X2 open in aprox. 3 minutes and hold all settings and installs that we done)

Regards

Comment

So I tried this and it didnt work for me.
                I successfully did all steps to step 8 but once I plug in the power (with the SDcard inserted) the red light comes on, and nothing happens (I cannot hear anything from the box, no light change and no picture on the screen

Hi everyone,
                I found the solution that works.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/01/...enixcard-tool/

1. Download PhoenixCard 3.09 (in link above).
                2. Download a new firmware ( I tested [ROM] SC_V1.1 Custom Rom Beelink X2 and X2_203K4 both in this forum and works)
                2. Prepare a sd-card (my was 16GB with class 10) -> format FAT32. Put in your PC windows.
                3. Run phoenixcard.exe
                4. Choose the new firmaware
                5. Select "Startup" in Write Mode
                6. Select "Burn"
                7. If the process ok, remove sdcard of the PC and put your sdcard in X2
                8. Conect power and it will install the new software (the first install waiting 5 - 10 minutes aprox.)
                9. You will be happy.
                10. The sdcard must be always connected in X2. (In next reboots the X2 open in aprox. 3 minutes and hold all settings and installs that we done)

Regards

Comment

Nothing will happen. You must press power on remote or box. This method makes box run off rim on sd card making box usable.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes tried pressing power button on box and remote after pluuging into the power with the SDcard inserted, still nothing - any other ideas? could this be done on a USB drive?

Comment

Originally posted by GTX90 View Post
                      Yes tried pressing power button on box and remote after pluuging into the power with the SDcard inserted, still nothing - any other ideas? could this be done on a USB drive?
                      Hi, I am unhappy for you.
                      I forgot that I changed the resistor. Maybe it is that. But it is not easy for anyone. Try a some tecnical repair store.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulo View Post

Hi, I am unhappy for you.
                        I forgot that I changed the resistor. Maybe it is that. But it is not easy for anyone. Try a some tecnical repair store.

Hi Paulo,

Can you explain how did you open the box?

Comment

Originally posted by preverse View Post

Hi Paulo,

Can you explain how did you open the box?
                          Hi Preverse,
                          Look this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...kYtbkEwWW9rRzA

I'm sorry for the size file.

Comment

Muito obrigado!

Comment

Has anyone found a solution for this? I am getting "burn firmware failure" error when trying to flash. What's the easiest way to return to Gearbest does any one know?

Comment

Originally posted by fergietime View Post
                                Has anyone found a solution for this? I am getting "burn firmware failure" error when trying to flash. What's the easiest way to return to Gearbest does any one know?
                                Hi
                                Open a ticket in Gearbest.
                                Dont accept half refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X