No announcement yet.

Vensmile MXV S805 latest ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I update the MXV box without a male to male USB cable?

Comment

Originally posted by matrixebiz View Post
      Can I update the MXV box without a male to male USB cable?
      Not with this ROM / method.

Just cut 2 USB cables and join the wires...

Comment

Originally posted by cassioac View Post

That's what I was thinking

Comment

Male to Male a to a USB Cable: Thought not that common, male to male A-A USB cables are used to connect USB devices to a PC or another USB device.My old USB Hub need it for external power supply to provide full power to every port.

Comment

Do I have to root the device to be able to have full access to all the folders on the box or is there another File explorer app I can use?

Comment

The firmware I provided on that other post comes pre-rooted, an ES file explorer gives you access to all files.

Comment

Originally posted by cassioac View Post

i cut two old mice cords. Do I just join the Red with Red, Black with Black, etc... ?

Comment

check the link I sent you

Comment

Hi, are you able to turn on the mxv box using remote when its fully shutdown?

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                      Hi, are you able to turn on the mxv box using remote when its fully shutdown?
                      Never seen a firmware that does this...

Comment

ok, this is the only problem that I face with the firmware that I am using always I need to press power button on top to turn the device on.. hope it'll be fixed shortly.. I think they need to fix something in bootloader for this to work.

Also I was not able to type using the remote keys (toggle button never worked for me) - is it working in this rom ? Though I dont use the factory remote but still it'll be quite good if it works in this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                          ok, this is the only problem that I face with the firmware that I am using always I need to press power button on top to turn the device on.. hope it'll be fixed shortly.. I think they need to fix something in bootloader for this to work.

Also I was not able to type using the remote keys (toggle button never worked for me) - is it working in this rom ? Though I dont use the factory remote but still it'll be quite good if it works in this rom.
                          Do you have an MXV with this Firmware on it? i don't want to update it if I can't use the remote to turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by matrixebiz View Post
                            Do you have an MXV with this Firmware on it? i don't want to update it if I can't use the remote to turn it on.
                            I dont know if its the firmware from this post or not but I am using firmware I found earlier (provided in link below)

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...m-for-mxv-s805

and yes, I am not able to power on the device using remote when its fully shutdown (red led on). I can turn it on when its in hibernating mode though.

Just curious to know - are you able to turn on your device using the remote? If yes then it'll be good to get the rom that your device is having,

Comment

Ok, that is a different firmware so i'll try this one tonight and let you know. If the button on the top of the box is pressed to turn it off then you have to push the button again to turn it on but if you use the top button to turn it on then use the Remote to turn it off then I can continue to use the remote to turn it On/Off and not worry about the box button.

Comment

ok, so its actually the same for all the roms I believe.. when you power on the device (connect to power) - then by default its in off state (red led on) - in this case we need to press power button on top to turn it on - remote control doesnt work here. Once device is on then you can use remote control to turn it off/on. But again - if you long press the remote power button then it'll prompt you to shut the device down - if you does so then again you need to press power button on the device to turn it back on - remote wont work here again - atleast this is how the rom that I posted works.,

Comment

Working...
                                X