No announcement yet.

Beelink Mini MX S905 vs S805 vs RK3368

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fast enough for me and I get frustrated with slow boxes, for $9 extra I probably would have gone for one of the eMMC ones but this was the only S905 available in the UK when I bought it.

Comment

Beelink usually have some of the best firmware. I must say that some of the other companies seem to be really stepping up. If the MX Plus includes Vidon XBMC (DTS-HD, True HD, 3D BDMV, ISO etc.) like Tronsmart does then it could do very well.

Comment

MINI MX is not eMMC?

Comment

@Inphic: They appear to be using a FORESEE NCEFAT28-08G device. In their ad they mention Nand flash not eMMC.
          I received my first Amlogic S905 TV box last week with K1 Plus, and although I have not reviewed it yet due to some issues with Google Play, I've run some

Mini MX advert (second last bullet under main features)

What kind of Antutu score do you get from the SPOT i7? Most of the boxes seem to score around 29000 but the Tronsmart appears to be much higher at 36000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker View Post

What kind of Antutu score do you get from the SPOT i7? Most of the boxes seem to score around 29000 but the Tronsmart appears to be much higher at 36000.
            Antutu version?

I can test Inphic i7 and MQ Plus (same motherboard than Tronsmart S95).

Comment

FORESEE is making a kind of.... tSD (NAND with eMMC controller with NAND body) and efSD (NAND with eMMC controller with eMMC body). This question is a little deep in hardware.

@Inphic: They appear to be using a FORESEE NCEFAT28-08G device. In their ad they mention Nand flash not eMMC.
              http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/11/...-and-teardown/

Mini MX advert (second last bullet under main features)

If check MINI MX description from geekbuying they say eMMC. Maybe at begining they was not sure what memory want to use and just released a wrong specification. Or they also had problems with eMMC (we also had some while developing). Or they plan to replace the eMMC later to be NAND... (this option can be possible, but no sense now to say that).

I think jean-luc (CNX) said "NAND? Flash" because gearbest description is "NAND" but its package is "eMMC"
              Last edited by Inphic; 12-09-2015, 09:22.

Comment

Antutu v.6.0 Beta 5.

Tronsmart score ~36000
                Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

I wonder which version of the Tronsmart S95 the AnTuTu score represents, as there are 1GB and 2GB variants. This might be a factor in the difference. But I am just speculating.

Comment

@RISCy Dude: That's a good point. Maybe Antutu ver. 6 is also giving higher scores than 5...

@inphic: Your advert on Aliexpress also mentions Nand flash being used on the Mini MX. Is this incorrect?
                    Inphic SPOT i7 is a powerful Android TV Box. It mounts an Amlogic S90564-bits with 4K resolution and eMMC memory module that allow us to perform better than others as MXQ Pro or MINI MX (both slow NAND Flash).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Inphi...208.3.1.dy97yJ

EDIT: The Antutu score is for the 2G/16GB Telos

Comment

@RISCy Dude: That's a good point. Maybe Antutu ver. 6 is also giving higher scores than 5...

@inphic: Your advert on Aliexpress also mentions Nand flash being used on the Mini MX. Is this incorrect?
                      Inphic SPOT i7 is a powerful Android TV Box. It mounts an Amlogic S90564-bits with 4K resolution and eMMC memory module that allow us to perform better than others as MXQ Pro or MINI MX (both slow NAND Flash).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Inphi...208.3.1.dy97yJ

EDIT: The Antutu score is for the 2G/16GB Telos
                      Do you know why happened that?

When our guys checked these boxes their description was NAND Flash, but now it seems like they changed to eMMC.

OK, I will try to get info from this memory... then look a little deep inside

Comment

Many thanks inphic. I hope you can resolve this issue for us. It appears that you are correct - this SKHynix Nand flash has pins on the side while the Foresee one has them underneath.
                        Many Amlogic S905 TV boxes have been announced, and thanks to Videostrong, I've received my first Amlogic S905 device for review with their K1 Plus media

Comment

Many thanks inphic. I hope you can resolve this issue for us. It appears that you are correct - this SKHynix Nand flash has pins on the side while the Foresee one has them underneath.
                          http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/11/...-and-teardown/
                          That SKHynix is clearly a NAND package. But FORESEE is making something like "hybrids". They use NAND with eMMC controller and can be found in NAND package and eMMC package with also different specifications. It does not mean is bad, just different.

Comment

OK so not so straightforward. What is most interesting though is whether the type of eMMC (Foresee, Samsung etc.) makes much difference to the performance i.e. in benchmarks like Antutu etc.

Comment

Antutu 5.7.1

Sunchip motherboard (MX Plus, Tronsmart S95) - Called "A8" in Antutu. 1GB/8GB

Inphic SPOT i7 - 1GB/8GB

Good news for Inphic's family

Anyway... Antutu is not a reason to buy a TV Box

I am trying to use Antutu 6.0 but I am getting problems with the VPN downloading the Antutu 3D required...

Talking about the eMMC, I runned some benchmarks with very different results every time. Maybe the only think a little clear is the Sunchip board (samsung) is faster reading and Foresee is faster writing.

Comment

Working...
                              X