Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb [ROOT, Market, Google apps, ext4 fs, Ad-hoc, HoneyComb Interf.]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkydamo View Post
    Sowa could you let me know how to change the font used for the system. When i open the build.prop file the fint is nearly unreadable. Is it easy to do or will it change the launcher font and others?

Cheers,

Blinky

Sent from my Arnova using Tapatalk
    Adw ex Launcher allows you to change the fonts, very smooth launcher aswell
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

PLEASE add usb gps support... it's in this rom http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...i-sdk-2-1-1-1/

It would complete this rom for me... And at the moment is the reason may flash the other rom when new sdcard arrives! plus it has ethusb support etc too and can have data sizes I woould like!!!

Please add them would be amazing and just damn perfect!!!!

Seems they "MAY" have fixed the accelerometer issues too!!!!(something todo with lib files)
      Last edited by lohtse; 03-11-2012, 10:27.

Comment

Sowa said he used MORKA MOD ROM for this 8G2 ROM of his, so I would suspect this support for ethernet and GPS is there already.
        I am doing the 10 G23 now myself.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Sowa said he used MORKA MOD ROM for this 8G2 ROM of his, so I would suspect this support for ethernet and GPS is there already.
          I am doing the 10 G23 now myself.

Bob
          I asked at beginning of thread if gps was supported and he stated no. Hence asking if he could add it...

Comment

AH OK I see that now. He must of built it prior to Morka adding that in his latest release.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hoping he updates with requested drivers etc...would be awesome if he did.

Comment

Hi Sowa,

i don't know if it's just me but this loads fine but when I power down it just sticks on the Android logo whenever I try and switch it back on, is anybody else having this issue?

Comment

I think this is down to a certain apk so I will install 1 at a time to try and find the culprit.

Comment

Mod works almost perfect, accept after a reboot my tablet resets to a 'clean install' even without any additional apk's installed. So it is like it is being automatically reset. Somebody has a solution for this?

Comment

good job sowa
                      question: how can i edit the apps that get installed with the rom?

Comment

Nice rom! but i have the same "after reboot like clean installation" issue how can i fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by fredopato View Post
                          Nice rom! but i have the same "after reboot like clean installation" issue how can i fix this?
                          Unfortunately I can now confirm the same.... Finally flashed last night and after every reboot it restarts as if nothing had been installed and goes through startup process...

have reflashed with previous rom and all's fine....

Comment

Just picked up 8G2 as replacement for my 7G2 which couldn't charge due to a busted power socket.

So is this HoneyComb version of your ROM not working Sowa? That's the way it looks from the recent comments? Any plans to fix it?

In the meantime, which of the other two ROMs are more up to date and recommended?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying your ROM!

P.S, Just a suggestion, but you might want to state the ROM version in the title of your threads to make it clearer which one to follow for most recent release.

Comment

Originally posted by panita View Post
                              Just picked up 8G2 as replacement for my 7G2 which couldn't charge due to a busted power socket.

So is this HoneyComb version of your ROM not working Sowa? That's the way it looks from the recent comments? Any plans to fix it?

In the meantime, which of the other two ROMs are more up to date and recommended?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying your ROM!

P.S, Just a suggestion, but you might want to state the ROM version in the title of your threads to make it clearer which one to follow for most recent release.
                              its not HC its standard rom modded to look like hc... as to issues well lets hope he sorts them soon... try using v4 of his rom as is most excellent or head over to http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/ and try morka's rom(this is based on it) there is also an android 2.3.7 there to but isn't stable enough as yet for daily use(ours and other mods is 2.3.1) there is also a ICS4(android4) in the making there too and yes its a real ICS4 not a modded to look like it...

Comment

Originally posted by lohtse View Post
                                its not HC its standard rom modded to look like hc... as to issues well lets hope he sorts them soon... try using v4 of his rom as is most excellent or head over to http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/ and try morka's rom(this is based on it) there is also an android 2.3.7 there to but isn't stable enough as yet for daily use(ours and other mods is 2.3.1) there is also a ICS4(android4) in the making there too and yes its a real ICS4 not a modded to look like it...

Thanks for the reply. Does the non-HC (skinned) version 5 of Sowa's ROM have the same issues then?

I'm keen to get the speed advantage from the ext 4 fs mods as in Fineless' ROMs. Is that already in the version 4 of Sowa's? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X