HPH NT-V8 ROM V1.1 by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
    Hello mo123, please, work this ROM also on Nexbox Z68 ? Thanks.
    Please try new v1.2 ROM at the bottom of the first post

Yes it will work apart from the IR Remote and the device might become unstable if it has no proper heatsink installed or extra cooling but firmware wise it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Please try new v1.2 ROM at the bottom of the first post

Yes it will work apart from the IR Remote and the device might become unstable if it has no proper heatsink installed or extra cooling but firmware wise it will work.
      Hi mo123
      How would one go about adding a new driver (bluetooth/ethernet/wifi) to your release?

kind regards
      cyber7
      kind regards
      cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
      http://www.cyber7.co.za / http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
        Hi mo123
        How would one go about adding a new driver (bluetooth/ethernet/wifi) to your release?

kind regards
        cyber7
        Can you post a dmesg in pastebin?
        Must be rooted and then in a terminal Android app type
        'su' then dmesg or maybe only dmesg will work.
        Then it will show all the hardware in your device, but must be on stock firmware where everything works.
        Then I can see if it's possible to make other things work, wifi might be doable but bluetooth is difficult.

I have heard of another way to completely remove root required for some streaming apps, so will try to experiment with that and see if it can help some users.

Comment

Then it will show all the hardware in your device, but must be on stock firmware where everything works.
          Then I can see if it's possible to make other things work, wifi might be doable but bluetooth is difficult.

I have heard of another way to completely remove root required for some streaming apps, so will try to experiment with that and see if it can help some users.
          Great I will have to restore and recover (first backup as I have made quite a bit of changes ) - I will send the info then...
          kind regards

Comment

ps mo123 - is there a way to load a driver (as in linux) with a "apt" kind of command?
            kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by cyber7 View Post
              ps mo123 - is there a way to load a driver (as in linux) with a "apt" kind of command?
              You can use the insmod command to load a *.ko file driver/module but it must be compatible or use the same kernel version eg. 3.10 that RK3368 devices use at the moment.
              Can also include it in a startup script or file to run on bootup.
              The most common uses to load a module(ko file) is to make a 3G dongle, usb tv tuner or USB cameras work that don't have drivers in the current kernel.

Comment

If you need root, no use zidoo tool. Is ver y easy, firmware inside (android tool) ,you need zip su(2.71),found this web, and twrp-r3368, Open android tool, un recovery, found you twrp and flash. Reboot recovery, twrp installed, Install su.zip. When reboot, you system is root. Follow this post, http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ayers-no-iroot

Comment

Hi Mo123,

Simply replacing bom43438a0.hcd and libbt-vendor.so files in the ROM to that ones I have extracted from the original Z68 firmware make Bluetooth work perfectly to me, with your ROM package (kernel) too. Is it not enough to change for the package to solve the Bluetooth problem?
                  My main problem is the missing IR remote function. Could you give me some instructions, how to get it back with your software, please!
                  Thank you, with best regards, STZO
                  Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

Hi Mo123,

Simply replacing bom43438a0.hcd and libbt-vendor.so files in the ROM to that ones I have extracted from the original Z68 firmware make Bluetooth work perfectly to me, with your ROM package (kernel) too. Is it not enough to change for the package to solve the Bluetooth problem?
                    My main problem is the missing IR remote function. Could you give me some instructions, how to get it back with your software, please!
                    Thank you, with best regards, STZO
                    The IR remote code is inside the kernel, resource.img and /system/usr/keylayout files.
                    Some buttons like OK and recent are also in the framework files and can only be fixed or added by building a complete firmware from source code if it doesn't work.
                    By flashing back the stock kernel & resource.img it might fix the IR Remote but then it will have older drivers again, loose lots of functions/improvements and might not boot correctly.

Comment

The IR remote code is inside the kernel, resource.img and /system/usr/keylayout files.
                      Some buttons like OK and recent are also in the framework files and can only be fixed or added by building a complete firmware from source code if it doesn't work.
                      By flashing back the stock kernel & resource.img it might fix the IR Remote but then it will have older drivers again, loose lots of functions/improvements and might not boot correctly.
                      Hi Mo123,

Yes, I found it: changing the kernel back to original, and making some mods in the resource.img I got back both the wifi and all the remote functions. Proper Bluetooths operation still needed to replace the libbt-vendor.so file. With those modifications, however, everything - except the power off function and the PCM to DolbyDigital transcoding in KODI - work smoothly and perfectly.

PCM transcoding, however, doesn't work on Z68 neither with your complete package! (kernel, resource, system etc.) Did you test this transcoding function on the Nagrace hardware?

Actually, for the best solution, the complete fw should be rebuild from source, you're right.
                      Regards, STZO
                      Regards, STZO

Comment

New firmware is released.

Comment

Working...
                        X