New ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ROM

Is anybody working on rom for MK802 IV (Or compatible with any other device with identical HW?) I have tried Tr428 (No BT,Wi-fi), MK908 (Doesnt boot after flashing)
    New official firmware update doesn't make anything better http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_22_1.html

Kinda desperate :/
    Last edited by Gasp; 05-26-2013, 08:45.

AW: New ROM

I am will work on a Rom for this Device. I wait for Testing until my Device is here.
    Let my ask what is not good on this Device? Or what is not good on the Rom?

Neomode Freaktab.com Developer

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      I am will work on a Rom for this Device. I wait for Testing until my Device is here.
      Let my ask what is not good on this Device? Or what is not good on the Rom?

Oh, you have restored my faith haha! Well first of in 4.2.2 ethernet is buggy (it keeps DCing and reconecting randomly) and Wifi is terrible (probably just bad soldering work - but it is really baad!) - Slow (max 500 kbit/s) and random timeouts
      Sixaxis controller (rooted) doesn't work... it is able to change mac adress of dual shock, but it just won't connect :S

Well basically talking about OS - update didn't fix anything...
      Last edited by Gasp; 05-31-2013, 15:49.

Comment

Ok this will be a long list for me to fix :banghead:
        But I will do it right now my device is in custom inspection. Hope it will come next week.

Comment

Ok this will be a long list for me to fix :banghead:
          But I will do it right now my device is in custom inspection. Hope it will come next week.
          Luckily there is at least one thing i can say that had been fixed - stuttering... Antutu benchmark had problems with GPU benchmark stutter, problem is gone now, but on the other hand the overall score is lower... (~15 000+ -> ~14 000)
          Last edited by Gasp; 05-25-2013, 22:53.

Comment

I'm also waiting for mine to arrive... As soon as I have it I'll be available for testing if needed and I'll start developing as well.

Comment

At some point I am getting one as well.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Weird... Looks like it does whatever it wants... after 3rd flash the wifi started to work decently (official 4.2.2)... Low latency at least 5 Mbit DL and 2 Mbit upload (sufficient)... Oh well, who knows what is going on in this small box of wonde... WTFness - that would be the right word... Can't wait to see a working rom with fixes... (Just a note: TR428 rom is great, just wifi and Bluetooth doesn't work, i think i'd take small modifications to get it working on mk802iv too... Btw from my experience, Ugoos and Rikomagic have almost everytime identical HW... I guess Rikomagic is branded OEM anyway)

Thanks to devs for your time spend on this

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  At some point I am getting one as well
                  Excellent!

This means we will soon have the custom firmware for 3188 from the Bob?

I have Rikomagic MK802IV original and waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by adeptus View Post
                    Excellent!

This means we will soon have the custom firmware for 3188 from the Bob?

I have Rikomagic MK802IV original and waiting...
                    ->

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    OK I downloaded kernel and LOOKS GOOD! Anytime you dump a NAND partition there is going to be trailing garbage you can only clean up with a hex editor. It's because the kernel itself is smaller than the NAND partitioned space. So yea... I got to clean the dump up with a hex editor but it looks good! Header is on target!
                    I am now downloading the 4.1.1 RAR file and will let you know.
                    Bob
                    Then we made a few cheap jokes, but at least Bob says the progress is looking good :P

I have to say that i am excited too, but we shouldn't push Bob tho, quality takes time...

Comment

My Device is here I am now Working on a Rom for the MK802 IV.

Comment

Also it'd be good if anyone could get on the nitty-gritty of wifi problem... Though it has low speeds, android recognizes wifi hotspot correctly as 150 Mbps

Comment

I think the Problem is not Android I think it is the Driver for Wifi. When I look at the Flycast Stick same Mainboard but different Wifi and Bluetooth it works and there are 2 Antenna for Wifi inside and a Cooler over the CPU!

Comment

I think the Problem is not Android I think it is the Driver for Wifi. When I look at the Flycast Stick same Mainboard but different Wifi and Bluetooth it works and there are 2 Antenna for Wifi inside and a Cooler over the CPU!

Hi Neomode ... just a quick question... I purchased one of those Flycast MK809 III units at lightake.com. I thought it was exactly the same as the one at W2COMP and I installed the 4.2 ROM available there... the problem is that WiFi and Bluetooth disappeared... I have also tried a rikomagic ROM for MK809 IV, but as before WiFi and Bluetooth don't work...

Do you know where to find a suitable 4.2 (or even original 4.1.1) ROM or a ROM that let WiFi and Bluetooth work again?

Thank you very much

Eduardo

Comment

Can you open your Device and make Photo´s of it.
                              We must know which Wifi you got to help you.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                              X