Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta - A User's Review....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
    I feel pretty good about it generally.
    The Christmas week has reduced the time for testing, more impressions will follow.

A quick note about the remote, long press of the play/pause button will open the Music player app.
    That's interesting about the play/pause button. Do you mean inside Kodi??
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

In Kodi, long press doesn't do anything different than short press. But from every other app I have tried, long press opens the default Music player.

Comment

Hello, I have added a couple of game screenshots to post 1. Added some comments on gaming in post 2.
        Cheers!

Comment

Hello, I have added a couple of game screenshots to post 1. Added some comments on gaming in post 2.
          Cheers!
          Thanks for the update. What game controller are you using?
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Thanks for the update. What game controller are you using?
            As stated, I am not an avid gamer. So mostly, I use a generic wireless KB/mouse or Logitech trackball for games. I was surprised to find the supplied IR remote works pretty good for Riptide GP2.
            I do have a game controller in my future, it has not moved in to the priority list yet. When that time comes, is there a controller that you recommend?
            Thanks.

Comment

As stated, I am not an avid gamer. So mostly, I use a generic wireless KB/mouse or Logitech trackball for games. I was surprised to find the supplied IR remote works pretty good for Riptide GP2.
              I do have a game controller in my future, it has not moved in to the priority list yet. When that time comes, is there a controller that you recommend?
              Thanks.
              I am not much of a gamer either, but a couple of years ago, I purchased this one but it was cheaper then.

China-1 Stock | Buy NEW G910 Wireless Bluetooth Gamepad Game Controller for Android TV BOX/Mini PC/Smartphone/Tablet PC + IOS supported online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Comment

One of these devises are pretty good Tronsmart G01 or if you are after BT the Nyko are good a bit dated now but can do the job.
                Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the controller tips y'all.

Comment

Now that you have had the box a couple of weeks now, is it your media player? Have you noticed anything that needs improvement? What version is your Vidon and date?

Thanks, I am thinking about maybe getting one later on.

Comment

I still have this in my "cave" for testing. When testing is complete, it will be in our living room(main room). Where hopefully, in the interest of cable-cutting, she will learn to use a TV box. Later I will post her experience from the "full-on noob's" perspective.

The S95 has a lot going for it. There are some rough edges, as expected with a new device on initial firmware. Some are present on all, or most other S905 boxes(i.e. the 10MB bug).
                      I will do a pros/cons at the conclusion of my review.
                      I read AML has already released a new S905 SDK, that should address the first run bugs, like the 10MB bug. I don't see anything major.

There is a DTS sound issue with some content, using VidOn XBMC, very brief(1-2sec) sporadic dropouts. Sometimes the same stream/file plays OK, so I don't believe it is a major issue and foresee it being resolved soon. The default Movie Player, plays the same content without issue, so I think it is primarily a VidOn issue.

The few bugs have been well documented at Tronsmart's and VidOn's forums, by me and others. They have responded in each case, with encouraging answers. We await the initial F/W revision to resolve these, mostly nuisance level, bugs.

I think these issues will soon be resolved with an update, and was holding my pros/cons bit for a few days, based on that belief.

I will be posting benchmark screenshots and commentary, in the next few hours. These will be in the 1rst and 2nd post, respectively.

Please let me know if there is anything specific that you(or others) would like me to try on the S95 Meta.
                      Thanks for posting.
                      Good day!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        ........ What version is your Vidon and date?
                        • XBMC version is 14.2 Compile date is Nov 26 2015
                        • VidOn version is 14.2.6
                        • Build Time is Nov 26 2015 10:34:54
                        • BluryLib is 1.0.3.0
                        • DVDLib is 1.0.0.7
                        • VDMPlayer shows - 2.0.1.5-2015.7.6-fcabe0e

Let me know if this covers it.
                        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 01-05-2016, 07:09.

Comment

Hello, Benchmark result screens have been posted in the first post. The commentary is in post 2.
                          Good day.

Comment

Thanks for those screen shots.

Comment

Tronsmart announces Logitech Harmony remote compatibility for the Vega S95 series.
                              Harmony Device Compatibility Checker.
                              When I checked, the Telos showed as compatible. The Meta and Pro did not. No worries, they are also covered.

Comment

Guys great reviews, I have my eyes set on this box coz of it 64 bit, my question is does anyone have idea if there would be an Unofficial OpenElec port for this box, or is it earlier to be asking such question whiles issues are found and solutions are being sort, appreciate any comments.

Comment

Working...
                                X