Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta - A User's Review....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, From my understanding, an OpenELEC is in the works. While not a certainty, it is encouraging. Tronsmart has released Remix OS for the S95, and I really like it. I also hope a Linux varient shows up eventually, but I have not heard anything on this. As you stated, it is early yet.
    The Vega S95 models with 2GB of RAM, the Telos and the Meta, may be better at running some alternate OSes.
    Let us know if you have other questions.
    Regards.

Comment

Hello,

I bought the META model which is given for 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB for storage (internal SD). This ample for my needs.

Unfortunately I often meet lack of memory problems.

Therefore, I installed several software to see the actual size of the internal SD and all told me that there are just over 4 GB internal memory instead of 8GB compared to what is indicated on the data sheet.

All these software displays the base space and the remaining space (subtraction made of all the preinstalled software and other).

On my machine (Meta) software (AIDA64 and others) indicate:

Basis total internal SD memory = 4374 MB and 2885 free.

This means that there are almost as 4GB (instead of 8GB). Yes or no ? If so where's the rest?
      Tronsmart had it wrong in the data sheet of META model because in fact there are only 4GB (rather 8GB) on the internal SD?

To confirm this, I inserted an external SD 32GB capacity then I copied a few files on it and AIDA 64 and others indicate that the base total is 2971 MB and 2904 MB free. That's right.

Can you check on your machine this problem?

The question was posed on the forum Tronsmart but the answers are not satisfactory to me.
      See here :
      Why does my internal storage only show as 4/gigs instead of 8 as it should be? (1/3) - English (United Kingdom)

Comment

Hi pmai,Welcome to freaktab,

I don't have the meta but I do have the telos,You have not been tricked of nothing what your device is showing is right.

Using (AID64) On my telos it shows total space 11.38GB that does not mean I have a 11.38GB device. The other 4,62 is taken up by the operating system & preinstalled apps
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi Blinkone,

Yes, but what I do not understand why these programs (... AIDA64) purportedly indicate the basis of the capacity and the remaining capacity, does not mean the 8gb.
          On my external sd card indications are correct, why?

Comment

Hi Blinkone,
            Excuse me, I'm french and my english is not perfect, I restart because it was not clear
            Yes, but what I do not understand is why these programs (AIDA64 ...) that are supposed to indicate the basis of capacity and the remaining capacity, indicate a false baseline while on my external sd the indications are correct, why?

Comment

Working...
            X