Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you could do it with the USB Burning Tool. You will likely lose your data
    Seems Tronsmart said they did not change anything in this area, but someone over there also mentioned your post-update issue. I have not tried downgrading yet.

Comment

I will see if I can try that...will need to hunt down a male to male usb.

Comment

Hey guys

I had the latest software, but am now trying to put the stock firmware on using the usb method.

However when I load the image file, I get the mac 0 error, even though I have extracted the license folder in to the install folder ?

Please assist.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post
          Hey guys

I had the latest software, but am now trying to put the stock firmware on using the usb method.

However when I load the image file, I get the mac 0 error, even though I have extracted the license folder in to the install folder ?

Please assist.

Thank you.
          Hi,If you have the telos you could use this downgrade zip that Bob made (Its only for the Telos though)

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-rom-downgrade
          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by ancient View Post

Make sure you only have the 1 licence folder and its contents,
            I had the same problem.

Correct
            Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license

Incorrect
            Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license\licence

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi trebor

Mine is a Meta....which had the OTA update on it.

I have followed that exactly / path is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license
              Within there are 6 files.

Still get the error....another issue is when I do press the hidden button and connect via usb, it powers the device, the instructions then say t plug the power cable in as well?

Once it is detected, it shows for around 10 secs then disconnects?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ancient, Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling the USB Burning Tool will help. After reinstalling, delete the existing "License" folder @C:/ Program Files(X86)/Amlogic/USB_Burning_Tool/. Paste the License folder from the download to the same location you deleted the original from(C:/ Program Files(X86)/Amlogic/USB_Burning_Tool/). Run it and see if you still have the MAC error.

These may seem like stupid questions but,....
                -Are you using the USB port next to the SD card slot?
                -Are you using your PC's primary USB ports?
                -Are you using the following sequence of steps?

Start with the box powered down(no LED) and disconnected from the PC

Start the USB Burning Tool, load the image. If that is successful, the start button will activate, don't press it yet.

Have your USB cable connected to your PC but not the S95.

Get your toothpick. Press start on the USB Burn Tool, using the toothpick press and hold the reset button, while holding the reset button, plug the USB cable in. The device should show up as hub 1, hub2 or any number, you can release the reset button one you see that. The flash should begin with progress shown in the tool.

I hope it helps.
                Good day.

Comment

Hey Guys

Just to let you know the issue was to do with the incorrect licence file on tronsmart forum, I located another file from another forum and that worked fine.
                  Thanks for the help though.

Cheers.

Comment

So I went ahead and put the latest sdcard firmware on an sd card.. and ran update.
                    It goes into the flashing screen.. then after a few minutes it bombs out with:

Finding update package...
                    Opening update package...

-- Secure Check...
                    Secure check complete.

Verifying update package...
                    Installing update...
                    Can`t install this package ( 1 9 08:42:46 UTC 2016) over newer build ( 1 29 06:07;28 UTC 2016).
                    E:Error in /sdcard/vega s95 telos sd card update-ota-20160109.zip
                    (Status 7)

Installation aborted.
                    OTA failed! Please power off the device to keep it in this state and file a bug report!
                    Formatting /data...
                    Formatting /cache...
                    Data wipe failed.

Recovery is listening adb sideload...
                    Waiting adb sideload command...
                    E:Cannot load volume /misc!

errr what do I do?

Comment

I need the factory image for the Tronsmart Vega S95 PRO. I'll try TWRP. My device is rooted. Other files do I need? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Auras, Welcome to Freaktab. Have a look here.

Comment

Working...
                        X