Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 show/hide systembar problem FIXED

Originally posted by atf678 View Post
    Here's the keylayout file for RC11 and RC12 that malfrat made and I just changed the F1 key to F11.
    i remember remap this f11 to f1 before with no success but i've forgot to reboot to take effect anyways... awsome now, , good work & respect and also thx

i'll let the thread open for those who want to map the power key to shutdown function. i'll try this weekend to achieve that.
    Last edited by malfrat; 06-12-2013, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by malfrat View Post
      i'll let the thread open for those who want to map the power key to shutdown function. i'll try this weekend to achieve that.
      thanks a lot. Really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by malfrat View Post
        I looked at the scan codes on a Linux box using the "showkey" program which can dump scancodes.

The reason for looking at it was because the .kl file didn't work with my RC11. It looks like Measy is shipping now with a different RF chip (it also looks smaller as before). Mine is a "MemsArt MA144 RF Controller" with Vendor ID 1915 and Product ID 0144. The previous seems to be a "SONiX USB Device" with Vendor ID 0c45 and Product ID 7403 for which the published files were build.

This also explained my initial confusion since for me F4..F12 already worked out of the box and according to the icons. To hide the system bar I have to use Shift+F11 which makes sense since F11 is displayed shifted. Of course also the shift code is also send when shifted, so it is really shift+F11 but is seems to do the same as F11.

The new RF module delivers the following scan codes:
        F4: 172, when shifted 62
        F5: 155, when shifted 63
        F6: 171, when shifted 64
        F7: 165, when shifted 65
        F8: 164, when shifted 66
        F9: 163, when shifted 67
        F10: 113, when shifted 68
        F11: 114, when shifted 87
        F12: 115, when shifted 88

So Measy solved it already for the new devices by sending out different scan codes.

For my RC11 the Power key uses scan code 116 but beware, you have to keep it pressed for 2 seconds before it sends the code! And I do not know if this is the same for the old/other RF module. For me it shows the power-off dialog. After power-off pressing the button does something, but it looks like the device enters a boot-loop. This is an MK808B with Finless 1.7 ROM.

The files provided here will not work with the new RF module and most changes are not needed any more. My Fly mouse is an RC11 but if Measy ships this RF module also with the RC12 then it will apply for that device too.

To see what module you have, start the terminal, type the command below and look at the output:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices | less

Alternatively use command:

lsusb

and look at the device ID's if you recognize one or the other.
        Last edited by pe1dnn; 06-15-2013, 11:30. Reason: Path error corrected

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help!
          So how should I map the key 116?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by yomoice View Post
            So how should I map the key 116?
            In Generic.kl file it is mapped to POWER and WAKE, this was not touched in the patched .kl file. For me it brings up the power off dialog just like the power button on screen. So it this key code is send it should work. On my ROM (Finless 1.7) wakeup does not work. The old RF module may give a different scan code, it apparently does for the F keys.

Comment

Oh, sorry if you got that wrong. My measy RC12 does work with the power putton. But it only locks the screen as it does on a android phone.
              What I wanted now is to bind CTRL + ALT + DEL onto the power button thus I can wake up my device. It should be possible, because when I turned off my stick with the shutdown function of the statusbar I could turn it on with my PC-Keyboard by pressing that combination, too.

And there's also one mini-keyboard with a key that binds that combo too, so there must be a way

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by yomoice View Post
                Oh, sorry if you got that wrong. My measy RC12 does work with the power putton. But it only locks the screen as it does on a android phone.
                Well, wrong... I would not put it that way, but I can only tell you how it is behaving for me, using an RC11, the small size RF device and Finnles 1.7 ROM on an MK808B. I can't tell how it behaves with any other combination, I can't test it. Also I disabled the lock screen as it does not serve a purpose for me, maybe that makes a difference too.

Comment

Problem with F5 (email hotkey)

I have used the last keylayout file in this thread, however I have a problem with the F5 hotkey (for quick email access).

F5 (envelope icon) = mail (open email really fast )

FM is defined with keycode ENVELOPE in the file, the problem is that every time I press it will ask me to choose the default email app. I can choose between android stock email and gmail, if I choose stock email app and press "Always" it will still ask me the next time. Anyone seen this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by petzno View Post
                    I have used the last keylayout file in this thread, however I have a problem with the F5 hotkey (for quick email access).

F5 (envelope icon) = mail (open email really fast )

FM is defined with keycode ENVELOPE in the file, the problem is that every time I press it will ask me to choose the default email app. I can choose between android stock email and gmail, if I choose stock email app and press "Always" it will still ask me the next time. Anyone seen this problem?
                    Hi, try to unintall one of the mail app you didn't use to see if that fix. i would uninstall that gmail app... stock is much faster.

Comment

hey! thanksa lot! THe zip works like magic! But one thing I would love is to have the music button launch TTpod instead of the stock music player on MK908. Can this be possible? I also want to map one key (e.g. F1 to launch XBMC! THad would be super cool! Anyone done this yet? or have a clue? Please share! THanks in advance!
                      Last edited by auldthief; 06-16-2014, 17:24. Reason: it works now!

Comment

Working...
                      X