Minix questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix questions.

1. I understand when you root the minix you lose the Ota update capability. Does this mean I should update firmware and then install custom root?
    2. Could it be possible in the future to root the u1 with Ota still capable.
    3. If I have to install stock rom every time there is a new Ota update is there any easy way to keep all my previous kodi, apps, settings to be able to restore them. I would like to be able to set up kodi and not have to do it every time a new firmware comes out
    4. I use this box for only kodi. Do some kodi apps require root to Work?

I have ordered a U1 and been reading the forums. I'm excited to get it up and going. I have a little experience with Android tronsmart-s89h. I learned a bit and have read about the minix boxes and thought it would be a good choice. Learning all the rooting methods with the s89 was a lot at once so I hope to refine the skills on this box. Any help is appreciated. I understand this box is still new so they need to work stuff out over time.

Cheers

you can root using "update.zip" (oops seems no ota anymore, got it wrong..)
    http://www.freaktab.com/forum/tv-pla...root-check-why

anyway, goodluck.. and if you can post a review/user-feedback of the U1
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 12-30-2015, 19:28. Reason: update..got it wrong

Comment

I'm no expert but I will post a brief review or video review. Just trying to decide if I should root or not. We will see...

Comment

I have not looked at what the OTA update APP is looking for to determine if it is rooted or not but I will investigate and maybe make a simple way to hide it or unroot easily.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have not rooted mind yet, but I am very interested in the un-root method. Thanks for all you do Bob.

Comment

Working...
          X