Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remix OS 2.0 Firmware For Tronsmart Vega s95 Coming -BETA Available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using the latest version of Remix for a few hours. I am impressed with this OS on the Vega S95 Meta.
    I have issues with some of the standard Video Add-ons(CBS News(Live), etc) in VidOn, whether in Remix or Android.I don't require Dolby TrueHD or Blu-Ray disc navigation at the moment. So I decided to try one of the latest nightlies of Jarvis, Kodi 16.0-RC1,Git:2016-01-12-1f22732, compiled date Jan 13 2016. This works very well for me. So far all of the add-ons that were giving errors are working in this build. I have not tried it long, but for now I am keeping it. Note: In Remix OS Settings/Applications/Kodi, set it to "Fullscreen On". The UI in this version of Kodi runs with enthusiasm on the Meta. Very quick. If you are the experimenting type, give it a try. Note: It does not fix the sound dropouts that occur in some content(most S905 devices), when using passthrough. I did keep the supplied VidOn installed.
    Regards.

Comment

I was surprised to see Dolby TrueHD playing in the Movie Player and the MX Player.

Comment

So is this a final ver for vega series of remix os ? or still in beta stage ?

Comment

I think it is still at beta, but it works very well. Have not found a way to root it yet, If a way to root is found, I might prefer it to Tronsmart's base 5.1. 10MB bug still exists in Remix, so hopefully updates will follow.

Comment

What is the 10MB bug?

I will look into rooting this. Have you seen a post where anyone else has maybe on another box or something?
            Saves me some time searching.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have the original Remix Mini, and as far as I know, there are no rooted mods.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                What is the 10MB bug?

I will look into rooting this. Have you seen a post where anyone else has maybe on another box or something?
                Saves me some time searching.

Bob
                I (think) I found a root method for the remix mini but you'll have to use google translate or something similar to understand this. (unless chinese is your native language)

Probably not the same (complicated imo) procedure but it does mention towelroot for some reason.

Comment

Finless The 10MB bug showed USB attached storage as 10MB total, no mafter the size of the drive. It prevented writing, an out of space message would popup if a write was attempted. This was present in 5.1 too. Your custom beta tester and final did not have the bug. I have not tried Tronsmart's latest 5.1 F/W, but I think 10MB bug is fixed there too. Remix OS has not had the fix yet. It may also have the DTS audio dropouts same as 5.1.
                  Your beta and final 5.1 ROM seems to have fixed the dropouts, but I have not had enough time with it to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                    From Tronsmart. Glad to see some OS variety coming to the Vega S95. Also looking forward to OpenELEC.

FOR TESTING ONLY, NOT A FINAL VERSION, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please read announcement at the above link.
                    Beta versions are available for the Telos and Meta and Pro. See here for the files

http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/vega-s95/1584-remix-os-2-0-firmware-for-tronsmart-vega-s95#8199"] [/URL]
                    K1 plus ok dear

Comment

I am sorry, I have no way to know if the S95 Remix will work on your device.

Comment

k1 plus remix os help???????????

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          I am sorry, I have no way to know if the S95 Remix will work on your device.

hello, i have tried this rom in my "Mini M8S TV Box Amlogic S905 Xmbc Android 5.1 Quad-core 2.4GHz WiFi BT 4.0 2G+8G" however Wi-Fi and Bluetooth does not work, other than that it work perfect, it there any way you can add wifi and Bluetooth drivers, or work on this petition thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X