Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tronsmart T428 New Android 4.2 ROM Coming,Bluetooth working, Netflix working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart T428 locking up

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by bobinh2otown View Post
      Like bob mentioned, you might wanna try a different power supply I have found that mine reboots itself frequently when I set the frequency to anything aboce 1.2ghz in set cpu, this psu they ship out with these things are really garbage

Comment

Re: Tronsmart T428 New Android 4.2 ROM Coming,Bluetooth working, Netflix working!

Originally posted by jp96 View Post
        Isn't that against gpl and illegal ?
        Yes, it is. But I think they are not worry about that, we need to wait untill bq or other well known manufacturer in Europe or USA make a device with rk3188 to get the sources.

leolas
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          It works for me even on my last ROM. I think your having wifi issues or something? Maybe a bad unit? Or better yet, lockups are usually due to power. You still using the stock power supply? Mine would lock up running Antutu on the stock PSU until I replaced it.

I watched over 1 hour of a movie and no lockups.

Bob

3 amp asus adapter with wifi at 65 mbps within 3 feet of the router.

I can take my tablet that runs a 3 core tegra processor two rooms down at 30mbps with no skips or freezes. Poor excuse sorry .

Ps. After reboot the bluetooth and ethernet are no longer working and needs restart .

Not gonna say anymore, Most likely your netflix account streaming settings are on a lower threshold.
          They do have settings on netflix within the account tab

Comment

You have some other problem. Possibly bad hardware. I am telling you netflix is not doing that to me at all. And again even though you says 3a PSU the AMPS are not always the problem it's how well the PSU holds a clean voltage. In my experience, locking up is usualy 90% the PSU reason and 10% just bad hardware.
            This PSU problem is nothing new. If you go into the 3066 forums you will see this is a constant issue with people until the bight the bullet and make sure the PSU is good. And many have said they tried this PSU or that PSU but the cheap wall worts no matter what name is on them means nothing.

Needless to say your rant about the ROM being the issue, trust me this is not the case! You have another issue.

Also for clarification to you. The size of the TV has nothing to do with anything. The resolution is the resolution X by Y pixels and a larger screen make no difference here. The TV stick has NO CLUE how big a screen you have.

P.S. yes I know about netflix settings... Not sure you know who your questioning here for simple things

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by bobinh2otown View Post
              3 amp asus adapter with wifi at 65 mbps within 3 feet of the router.
              About 5ghz I can not connect me with my Fritzbox.
              With the frequency they can establish wireless connections up to 450 mbit.
              Without the 5ghz I'm also only 65 mbit max.

edit
              I have already replaced the antenna.

Comment

I am a developer myself. I really dont care to waste my valuable time on this ,I get paided for doing what I do. I just wanted to purcahse a bunch of these for friends and family.

As Ive said I clearly do not know anything about this device but I do have 30 years plus in electronics/computers and other New age technology .

Ps diffrent standards of hdmi 1.1/ 1.4 exsist that does change how its ported to the tv.
                When a signal is in higher def it does send more information. And this freeze occurs due to the audio signal .. So

So if its not the software then why the studder then the other earlier versions not working?

Its all software related imo

Comment

I guess you dont want to listen so OK. And FYI these sticks use the HDMI 1.4 standard.
                  TV screen size means nothing and the stick doesnt know it. You either run 720P or 1080P based on your settings. The kernel is compiled for a base resolution of 1280x720. Setting 1080P just does an upscale. The amount of pixels being output is always 1280x720 and nothing can change that as this is how the kernel is compiled. This is why some want true 1080 kernels.

Anyway I told you what I think. Take it or leave it. You either have a bad stick or a power supply problem.

Bob

Comment

Just tested this rom, there is still the ever most slightest jitter during video playback, outside of that it seems good so far - but I still think the stock 4.2.2 rom has the best video playback out of all the fw's released so far. It just sucks for me because my main use of these devices is as a second cable box using the time warner cable app. But this device only works with the twc app on the 4.1 rom which is garbage and will probably never get an update, none of the 4.2 roms (including this one) work for some reason its starting to really make me wonder what major differences have been made in video playback between 4.1 and 4.2 or if its even realated to video playback at all -__- it might be some other small change between different roms considering the app works fine on my nexus 7 running paranoid android 4.2.2. Oh well, long live my mk808 I guess lol

Comment

What is the TWC app doing? Is it failing license or root check? Or is the video scrambled like the old netflix problem?

I have Time Warner so I will look into this when I get home.

Bob

Comment

I guess you dont want to listen so OK. And FYI these sticks use the HDMI 1.4 standard.
                        TV screen size means nothing and the stick doesnt know it. You either run 720P or 1080P based on your settings. The kernel is compiled for a base resolution of 1280x720. Setting 1080P just does an upscale. The amount of pixels being output is always 1280x720 and nothing can change that as this is how the kernel is compiled. This is why some want true 1080 kernels.

Anyway I told you what I think. Take it or leave it. You either have a bad stick or a power supply problem.

Bob
                        Bigger the screen the more noticeable , Just like Why did you make the cursor bigger if it does matter...

Comment

I just lowered my settings on netflix and now it runs without a freeze.
                          So your sayings its either the power adapter or the device itself thats causing this issue.
                          You know best Finless... Soo I will take your word and remove the post and also link about the device freezing.

And ask for a replacement ... So they send out these units with crappy adapters and or hardware issues?

Didnt they run any hardware tests on them before going out? Or from what it seems they threw it together fast and hope and pray it works.

Comment

What is the TWC app doing? Is it failing license or root check? Or is the video scrambled like the old netflix problem?

I have Time Warner so I will look into this when I get home.

Bob
                            Thanks that would be awesome! Video isnt scrambled or anything it just doesn't even play at all. The moment I hit live tv it just goes to directly to "this channel cannot be displayed" or something like that.

Here is the link to the apk im using with hdmi and root check removed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ottn0v6mge...%2B%20HDMI.apk

UPDATE: I did a little researh on this error and its actually problem a lot of users are reporting. One bit of information I found in a random thread on xda is - "When on Jelly Bean and rooted, the TWC app only works on AOSP based ROMs." Im not sure if this is true or not because it would be basically saying 4.1 is aosp based and 4.2 is something other, but it would at least offer an explanation for the confusing result of the twc app working on certain roms only.
                            Last edited by alwaysbless; 05-30-2013, 19:31.

Comment

These sticks have been coming with crappy PSU forever. This is why geekbuying gets them with a better 2A PSU over most other sellers. But for these quad cores even that was not stable for me. I used my Apple charger which works.

Increase the cursor size? I did not. Actually in my MK908 and my T428 1.5 ROM I decreased the size from stock because people complained it was too big. We dont have a 1080 kernel for the T428 yet (I am working on it) but if you could flash a 1080 kernel you would instantly see the difference. However most people trying the 1080 kernel on the MK908 report stability issues due to heat.

Just like the 3066 forums. Most people wanting to mod the unit (run a 1080 or OC ROM) from stock are:
                              1) Getting better PSUs
                              2) Adding a heat sink to the processor

Yes we did buy early units. I do not know if your T428 came with a heat sink or not but I believe it needs it for best stability / longevity. Geekbuying announced at one time Tronsmart was adding a heatsink. But your is locking up so soon, I doubt it is heat causing it.

Yes there are some issues with the unit still (ROM related mostly) but over time this will get fixed. We had all these same complaints and issues with the 3066 sticks came outy last year. Took about 3 months to get most of it all ironed out. I think turn around will be faster than that this time. We shall see.

In the end... some people never liked the TV stick as it did not fully meet thier expectations. But it is also not a $400 device!

I have not tested this new ROM yet... I will tonight. It could be locking up. What I tested was my own ported ROM 1.5 from the MK908. I watched at least 1 hour of netflix and let it run to be sure there was no issue. My 4.1.1 1.4 ROM works also except for the frame skipping thing which I do not see on the 1.5 ROM.

Bob

Comment

Driver Already Installed Error

Fixed.
                                Last edited by AND_Club; 05-30-2013, 18:36. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X