MK802-IV How to downgrade to 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much, Gasp.

And also for your rapid response. Seems good. I will try with it.

Regards,

Comment

Ok. I try it.

This versions of eHomeMediaCenter and RKRemoteControl will not work together on my MK802iv with android 4.1.1, I can't get to connect them. However, this version of eHomeMediaCenter connects with the old version of MKRemoteControl for MK802III from google play, but only connect, you can't control anything.
      Where we could get the original version for the MK802iv without root the system?
      And why my system comes without this app? I suspect the answer.
      Thanks anyway, Gasp.

Moreover, Airplayer app from Minix works ok. I can send content from my pc without problems.
      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by jpci View Post
        I think it is mainly ROM caused problem... Even with tool that is installs root on not rooted rk3188 devices + various apps - The homecenter is the same as the one i have posted and it didn't work for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          That is TOTALLY an incorrect statement! The person does not know what he is talking about.
          If I were to get a ROM dump of this 4.1.1, I guarantee you I can make a ROM to go back.

Bob
          That's what I was thinking too... the whole concept of the rockchip flasher is to repair damaged/bricked devices. If their was a way the firmware currently installed on the device could say "don't flash me because I'm better than the firmware yo are trying to install", that would totally void the concept of the recovery tool...
          Review of the MK802 IV
          My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your android mini PC
          Tutorial: how to setup Unblock-US on your mini pc (to watch Netflix outside of the US)

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Converting a dump to a flashable ROM takes time. Neomode now knows how to do it so either of us can convert it.
            Sorry for the double post... I am interested in knowing about that. I'm understanding the work you guys do into three main parts:
            - one is retrieving the original firmware and splitting it into parts you can work with

- The second is replacing some parts of the firmware with new stuff that works better (e.g. how would you replace the wifi module? Do you hack directly into the binary with a hex editor, do you replace the module with another one from another rom that is known to work better with the same chipset? Do you somehow have access to the sources and actually compile a fixed version?)

- The third is transforming the result into a single .img file that will get flashed to the device. I am surprised to read that this is a process that takes time and is not automated.

Is this understanding roughly correct? Could you point me to places that are starters of explanations for each step? Not sure I'll ever be able to help (I believe I am a reasonably good programmer, but I lack free time), but I am genuinely interested in the process.
            Review of the MK802 IV
            My list of 10 "Must Have" apps for your android mini PC
            Tutorial: how to setup Unblock-US on your mini pc (to watch Netflix outside of the US)

Comment

Originally posted by wololo View Post
              Sorry for the double post... I am interested in knowing about that. I'm understanding the work you guys do into three main parts:
              - one is retrieving the original firmware and splitting it into parts you can work with

- The second is replacing some parts of the firmware with new stuff that works better (e.g. how would you replace the wifi module? Do you hack directly into the binary with a hex editor, do you replace the module with another one from another rom that is known to work better with the same chipset? Do you somehow have access to the sources and actually compile a fixed version?)

- The third is transforming the result into a single .img file that will get flashed to the device. I am surprised to read that this is a process that takes time and is not automated.

Is this understanding roughly correct? Could you point me to places that are starters of explanations for each step? Not sure I'll ever be able to help (I believe I am a reasonably good programmer, but I lack free time), but I am genuinely interested in the process.
              Hacking is not needed, with root access you can change modules that are installed in system/lib/modules - you can see there drivers for most HW - mali, BT, wifi etc...

It would be much easier for developers if users put the custom/edited modules there by themselves - but that is not "noob friendly"

Comment

MK802-IV How to downgrade to 4.1

Originally posted by DirtyrRican View Post
                Does any one know how to downgrade the rom to 4.1. Cant run netflix on 4.2.2.
                http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/sta0w0

esta es la versión 4.1 para mk802-iv
                puedes hacer downgrade sin problema. realice muchas pruebas pasando de 4.2.2 a 4.1 y volviendo a 4.2.2. tratando de que el servicio técnico de rikomagic. entendiera cual es problema. envié videos y fotos mostrando lo que pasaba. pero. el servicio tecnico me dice que es extraño. no tendria que tener problemas con netflix.
                ----------------------
                this is the version 4.1 for mk802-iv
                you can downgrade without problem. perform many tests going from 4.2.2 to 4.1 and back to 4.2.2. trying to Rikomagic technical service. which is understood problem. sent videos and photos showing what happened. but. the service technician tells me it's weird. would not have to have problems with netflix.
                sorry for the translation.

Comment

Working...
                X