Visible blue led mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visible blue led mod

It always bothered me, that I didn't have immediate feedback, whether my Ug802 is powered or not. The led is hidden, and the only way to see it, was to look at the device from different angles, or in complete darkness. I wanted a way to let the led shine through. At first, I drilled a small hole in to the case, as seen on the Mk808, but found it insufficient. Steel peeking through holes. So I decided to etch a straight gap from the hole to the side of the lid, an put a square piece of transparent plastic in it, wich should guide the light, out of the box. I used a piece of plastic cut from a CD-RW jewel case, I had laying around. Shaped it, with a nail file, to the shape of the casing, and glued it in with some hot glue. Click image for larger version

Name:	img8_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	438406Click image for larger version

Name:	img9_small.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	438407Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1860s.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	438408

Nice....

Comment

Originally posted by DiSrUpTeR View Post
      Nice....
      Thanks! Next one up, will be an external wifi antenna. But the final goal is a set top box like design, inside an integrated usb hub, HDMI switch, DVI out, mic, and headphone ports, webcam, bt, external antenna. I alredy have the components up and runing, but I dont have the time for the build. And am thinking up a way so the CPU (the tv-stick in whole) could be somewhat upgradeable (changeable) without taking the whole setup apart, just by using the standard connections, and a small antenna mod.
      Last edited by dormantamas; 05-30-2013, 17:45. Reason: grammar

Comment

+1

Was thinking how to do this myself, possibly using the shell from a biro, but hey who doesn't have cracked CD cases lying around

Comment

Working...
        X