QX1 Video performance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QX1 Video performance question

Does the QX1 play Netflix and other video apps smoothly or does it have the same jitter effect as the tronsmart mk908? Wondering of course if the kernel from this rom (assuming it´s got smooth video) could be ported to work for the 908. I tried flashing it outright but it wouldn´t post a screen. I´m assuming it is a similar issue to the rk3066 devices - mk808 kernels wouldn´t post video on a ug802 for instance because it used a different port internally (eg: hdmi1 vs hdmi0) for video output.

Just figured it was worth an ask. Thanks!
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

I'm currently mucking around with a QX1 and can safely say that video comes through flawlessly. So far i've tested it with HD youtube videos, streaming through my PLEX server and videos saved on a flash drive. I am, however, on the latest firmware released by the iMito people which required a quick flash through the rockchip app.

No complaints so far.

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Does the QX1 play Netflix and other video apps smoothly or does it have the same jitter effect as the tronsmart mk908? Wondering of course if the kernel from this rom (assuming it´s got smooth video) could be ported to work for the 908. I tried flashing it outright but it wouldn´t post a screen. I´m assuming it is a similar issue to the rk3066 devices - mk808 kernels wouldn´t post video on a ug802 for instance because it used a different port internally (eg: hdmi1 vs hdmi0) for video output.

Just figured it was worth an ask. Thanks!

Comment

Netflix is totally unstable for me... hangs, crashes, etc.

Just what I tested last night. I know Imito will fix it.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I had the same issue at first with the new firmware but I noticed it didn't **** up as much when connected to an Ethernet connection instead of wifi

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Netflix is totally unstable for me... hangs, crashes, etc.

Just what I tested last night. I know Imito will fix it.

Bob

Comment

Youtube works fine for me, however playing video over my NAS straight through a smb connection gives me a bad case of the stutters. Didn't happen on my UG802

Comment

Working...
          X