No announcement yet.

M8 S812 unbrick help pls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Dave for your post, it helped me to install Android 5 on my M8S TV box. I have the same XT-s812-v10 PCB and it was marked as pufangda_s812 in Android "About" screen. This firmware from the link you posted works fine, I'm using it for one month now and it's stable (mostly I use SPMC, YouTube and Chrome). I have rooted it using TWRP. There are some problems, though:
    - Ethernet does not work, only wireless. When I insert the cable, LEDs on the connector are on, so it seems like it is alive. I tried to configure it manually and for some configuration it says "connected", but it does not work anyway. The good thing is that the wireless still works on ~40 Mbit/s.
    - Remote control does not work anymore. I tried to patch it using solution from JustMe's post which worked for many people, but not for me. None of the ZIPs worked on my box. I even tried to copy configuration file from original ZIP which I obtained from the seller, but no luck. I have the Rii I8 clone which I use as remote, but it would be nice to have the original remote control at least for the ON/OFF function.
    - Red/Blue status LEDs on the front panel of the box are swapped (this is not a big deal)

There is also the long story about bricking the box just like many others here, so I asked a seller for the original firmware. It is original Android 4 and on my M8S with XT-s812-v10 PCB worked flawlessly. Maybe it will help to someone to unbrick their M8S box, so I will post the links where I have re-uploaded the firmware.

1) The OTA ZIP file which worked on my box. Please note, you may need to change the original updater-script to be able to install it using TWRP.
    https://mega.nz/#!4P4BkaqC!LOLeA39h4...vKJ--kWREIEvZ0

2) The IMG file which should be used with USB Burning Tool. I didn't have luck with burning process, it always stucks on 40-60%. I haven't tried to short the pins on the NAND. (EDIT: Go to the post #25 for the explanation how to use this IMG file)
    https://mega.nz/#!xXpVCbbB!R1zm-0XI3...zmAY3On-fC4Vic
    Last edited by ivanvi; 01-08-2018, 15:31.

Comment

Please disregard this post, the image was unstable, I ended up using the one the lollipop image linked in the 3rd post. Still no ethernet though, will keep looking and advise.

I have 2 boxes identical to the OP that I needed to unbrick The ROM link in post #3 now goes to a Lollipop version that I was able to restore using the OPs instructions, unfortunately the Ethernet port no longer worked. Apparently the M8S AP6330 equipped boxes are identical to the Matricom Q box so I downloaded the files at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ucsl1gwn3...-01-2016)?dl=0.

Copy the 3 files to an SD card card formatted in Fat32 and boot with reset pin.

When you get to recovery mode, make sure to select apply update form external. It takes a while so BE PATIENT for at least 10 minutes and you will be rewarded with a perfectly working box. By this I mean WiFi, Bluetooth, AND Ethernet on Lollipop! I have no idea about the remote, I was doing this for a friend and don't have one.

One weird quirk that seems to be common on these upgraded boxes is that the LED is now red. The interface is ugly compared to the ROM I linked to but I don't really care, the boxes are going to run on Libreelec.

In case you are wondering, I needed to get on Lollipop for the Libreelec boot to work.
      Last edited by Skripo; 11-04-2017, 01:05. Reason: Mistake

Comment

If you need it for the M8S then use the Firmware of the Probox2 EX+.
        You can get it under probox2.com.

Neomode

Comment

I tried it and no dice. No idea why it didn't work from me but then again I spent 10 hours trying a multitude of ROMS. Maybe its because I tried it using the USB Burn utility. You may be right, just simply lost track.

By the way, what can I use for an OTT M8S BCM4335 Lollipop? I heard whispers of an Acemax KII per chance?

Comment

The USB Burning Tool Working well you only have to press the Reset Button on the Box.
            After that, you can Burn that Firmware to your Box.

Neomode

Comment

Not sure I understand. Are you saying that the Probox2 EX+ firmware will also work on OTT M8S BCM4335 box?

Comment

Yes M8S is S812 as the Probox2 EX+.

Neomode

Comment

I can't get the Probox2 EX+ to work. I need the u-boot version to get it recognized, do you know how I can make one?

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                    If you need it for the M8S then use the Firmware of the Probox2 EX+.
                    You can get it under probox2.com.

Neomode
                    Just tried this and when I update via recovery mode it says 'This package is for N200 devices; this is a "M8S+"

I did load the M8S+ form china gadget successfully, unfortunately the Ethernet does not work. Is this why I am getting this error?

By the way, what is an N200? I see this referenced all the time.

Comment

One more update regarding unbricking of my M8S tv box with XT-s812-v10 PCB.. After playing with firmware again, while trying to install the one from Acemax, I bricked my box again. (It seems like my box is not Acemax ) Just like previously, USB burning tool didn't work for me, so I tried to search again. I found the updated version of Amlogic Burn_Card_Maker here:

I have created bootable SD card using this tool and IMG file on this link:
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

After booting from this SD card, I got "Invalid mode" on my TV - which meant to me that finally something is going on. Red/Blue LEDs were alternating on the front panel of the box, so I just left it for some time, maybe 10 minutes, while firmware flashing is finished. After this, there was only blue light on the front panel and I left it like that few more minutes. Then Android started with booting (this IMG file is Android 4, M8S).

Comment

Originally posted by

2) The IMG file which should be used with USB Burning Tool. I didn't have luck with burning process, it always stucks on 40-60%. I haven't tried to short the pins on the NAND. (EDIT: Go to the post #25 for the explanation how to use this IMG file)
                        [URL="https://mega.nz/#!xXpVCbbB!R1zm-0XI3Y2fCvV8zkOMvEuzQZK9hzmAY3On-fC4Vic"
                        https://mega.nz/#!xXpVCbbB!R1zm-0XI3...zmAY3On-fC4Vic[/URL]
                        I bricked my MS8 by attempt to upgrade from kitty cat to lollipop using sd card method. LED shone blue ...no video! Tried to do sd card back to kit cat blind didn't work either! Then tried USB
                        burning tool 2.0.5.....2.1.6 Only complete image files like the one above Settled on 2.0.8 burning tool and tried 2 images that didn't work at all First one led flicked from blue to red no video second one led stayed blue
                        The image from posted https://mega.nz/#!xXpVCbbB!R1zm-0XI3Y2fCvV8zkOMvEuzQZK9hzmAY3On-fC4Vic" brought the box back from the dead
                        There are 2 usb ports on the back use only the one on the left
                        M/B details
                        XT-S812-V10
                        2015-08-04
                        2G/8G S812 11/26 2230
                        Worked wonders

Comment

Working...
                        X