Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New - RemixOS - S95 Telos - Finless style :)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless please create remixOs for V95 Meta
    donate $ after create for meta
    thanks you Good day !!!

Comment

Finless,

I am having an issue with the Date and Time on this ROM on my Telos it keeps defaulting to 01/01/15 after i set the date and time and then shutdown come back to it and its reset again, any thoughts?

Comment

You sure this issue is not on the stock Remix OS ROM too?
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Well it is certainly not exclusive to your ROM or Remix OS. Example.

Comment

please create remixOs for V95 Meta

Comment

Hello remi252, If you can live without WiFi and Bluetooth, Bob's Telos Remix will work on the Meta. I think Bob is working on a Meta version, but he is a busy guy, so it could be a bit. BTW There is an official version for the Meta, but it is not rooted and lacks Bob's other special touches.

Comment

when available for meta BOB please
                Riscy dube have a bluetooth keyboard is necessary for me sorry

Comment

Finless. Just tried your ROM. Looks great except HDMI CEC. Is this something that should work?

Comment

will you continue to update this rom?

Comment

I would also like the Finless Remix rom for my meta box. Thanks
                      Does it support 3rd party launchers.

Edit: yes I can live without WiFi and Blutooth, as I have an ethernet cable plugged into the box. I am going to try the Finless remix OS rom , probaly over the weekend now.
                      Last edited by avalon65; 04-07-2016, 10:37.

Comment

Hi Avalon65.

I have tried this ROM. Although it has many good points, I have to say that it doesn't support launchers. I would have liked that option too. It seems to have some of the problems of the original Tronsmart ROM too. It loses settings on restart unless I am doing something stupid. It doesn't Support HDMI-CEC, that's a real bummer, very much needed upgrade there.

I have yet to be able to reflash the original ROM. I really want to use other launchers but we are stuck with the Remix one. Not good on a 55' Tv.

Sorry Finless, no disrespect to you. It was very much the wrong choice for me.

Comment

Hello, The Remix OS GUI is designed for Desktop use, so it may not be ideal as a TV box GUI on a big screen. I think since Remix is centered around its GUI, it will not install alternate launchers by design. Or app makers have not made the changes for their launcher to run on Remix OS.
                          Finless' Remix is derived from the official Tronsmart Remix OS image, so until Tronsmart releases an image with the fixes, Finless dose not have much to work with.
                          Hopefully, one day Tronsmart will make the necessary fixes.
                          Cheers.

Comment

Hi RISCy

I get all you are saying. I'm not knocking the ROM at all. As I said, I made the wrong choice hoping it would solve some of the issues in the original ROM. Then only thing I would say is that the HDMI-CEC needs to be added. It would be good to be able to make the mouse pointer a bit bigger though!

I may try the box again once I've got it back to the Tronsmart ROM. Perhaps I will go back to using a PC under the TV again. It did pretty much all I wanted it to do just needed to modify a few bits.

I like the idea of these boxes, just not the compromises one has to make with the usability issues.

All the best.

Comment

Is the kernel on this OS the same as that on all the other Android firmware? I am about to give up on this device since I cannot get it to even boot reliably on any of the other firmware. Too many hangs/freezes. I suspect the kernel is the issue since it is common to all of the firmware. So I hope the kernel is different. If so, perhaps I can try this. Thanks

Comment

I am kind of stuck! I went ahead and installed this ROM. Overall, it is interesting. And the kernel compilation signature is different. Not sure if that will help any of the other problems I have. But now I want to flash back to stock firmware. First I tried to flash the stock firmware from the recovery installed with this ROM. But as others have said, it fails with signature verification. I then put the version 2.x TWRP recovery on my external SD card and tried to get into that. No way. I then tried the recovery from the root package (found on the other finless ROM topic) and still no way. I then tried putting the recoveries on the internal SD but still no luck. Can anyone suggest a way out of this? Or what am I doing wrong. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X