Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX4 RK3229 Bluetooth 4K Kodi Preinstalled TV Box Android 4.4 Dolby DTS 1G/8G H.264/H.265 10Bit 3D Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX4 RK3229 Bluetooth 4K Kodi Preinstalled TV Box Android 4.4 Dolby DTS 1G/8G H.264/H.265 10Bit 3D Media Player

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016038016124114ume2b3.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	559502

Android 4.4.4
    H.264/H.265 10Bit Hardware decoding
    Rockchip RK3229 Quad core Up to 1.5GHz
    Mali-400MP
    OpenGL ES 2.0
    DDRIII 1GB
    Nand Flash 8GB
    2.4G WiFi, 10/100 BaseT
    HDMI 2K*4K
    KODI \DLNA \ AirPlay \ Google TV Remote \ LAN \ Miracast \ 3D movie support

Name:	201603801534548mzd7o5j.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	559503

Name:	201603801534546mzd7o5j.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	559504

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

anybody have any exp with this box? I just picked it up, thanks

Comment

someone dropped one of these off and they messed up the software after a hour out of the box , so i am wondering if anyone done a backup of the software of one of these .
      looking for a copy to reload this one
      all i get is the android logo . if you hit the reset button all you get is the android guy on his back with a x
      thanks
      troy

Comment

This native firmware MX4 https://yadi.sk/d/O-DejWwhr2t9s a program for the SD card installation https://yadi.sk/d/TWG4MkU2r2tF7

Comment

thank you so much nimm trying file now .
          drinks on me

Comment

up and running , thanks alot for the help

Comment

Got one from gearbest, couldn't resist the price. First thing I did was remove the kodi 15 that was pre-installed and installed Kodi 16.1. I don't know if that was a mistake or not but video playback is absolutely horrible. Glitching and out of sync like crazy. The only video I've seen play half decent was on the youtube app. Seemed to play games half decent, asphalt 8 was very playable. Processor runs very cool, the little heatsink was 21C after 30 min. The ram chips were about 37C. There was a strange piece of metal on the top inside of the case that connected to nothing, not even a thermal bond to anything, not that it needs it.

Comment

I removed kodi on the box once I got it reloaded and installed 16.0
                And ran great.
                Try downloading SPMC 16.2 . This if my wording is correct is a forked kodi version for android base units .

Comment

^ Thanks. I installed SPMC 16.3 and seems to play fine now. Also, I found out Kodi 16.1 works better if hardware acceleration is turned off in advanced settings.

Comment

This new firmware MX4 5.1.1 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...DF3Y0NGWDdxaWc

Comment

Wonderful device from Gearbest in US$ 22.. Outstanding image and speed, bluetooth, ethernet, lots of ports.
                      It requires lots of patience and some knowledge in this type of devices. I own a Beelink X2, another beauty.
                      Firmware version I receive V05 comes with Recovery partition crippled, not accesible in any way.
                      To access it, it's needed to press a very singular reset button, INSIDE of AV plug ¡very nice!
                      That doesn't work in my TV BOX. so the simple task of upgrading, (update.img in root of SD card), doesn't succeeded.
                      So I needed to flash the new version V06 using RKTools, V06 has recovery ok.
                      The device comes rooted, great, but it's needed to install SuperUser manager from Play Store.
                      A guy from Russia, bynevsky from 4PDA, have managed to release a TWRP module that work fine. Very tricky installation tho.
                      update.img cannot be flashed with TWRP.

The device is outstanding for the price.

It has a minor drawback, doesn't have buttons, and power from remote control put the device in standby.
                      So to power it off ... the old trick of unplug the AC power
                      Last edited by DaremoS; 09-03-2016, 23:43.
                      "Rock more than music it's a way of living"
                      Tablet RK2918 - Yifang M900HC 8" JB 4.2.2 Oma
                      Tablet RK3026 - Yifang M7100KLD 7" JB 4.2.2
                      Tablet RK3066 - Yifang M7000 7" JB 4.2.2
                      Tablet AML8726-MXS - Yifang M7000NBD 7" - JB 4.1.1
                      Phablet Samsung Note 3 - KK 4.4.2
                      Cell Phone Samsung GT-S5760M
                      - JB 4.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by nimm View Post
                        Has anyone tried this? I can't seem to get my pc to recognize the box with an USB-A to USB-A cable (Drivers from Driver Assistant 4.1.1).
                        Update over SD card also does not work.

Comment

Case looks identical to the v88 😏
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sitoko View Post

Has anyone tried this? I can't seem to get my pc to recognize the box with an USB-A to USB-A cable (Drivers from Driver Assistant 4.1.1).
                            Update over SD card also does not work.
                            It's a MUST for MX4 works perfectly, so far, I install it 2 hours ago and the test are in a monitor not a TV set.

According with Antutu
                            EKB329-MX4 - Android 4.4.4 - 20827
                            Redbean RT-165 - Android 5.1.1 - 24219
                            This is the new name for the device. It's a brand from Singapore.

It come without KODI then it's needed to install it. I've installed Kodi 16.2 and work great ... is the principal use I give to the TV BOX.

The only drawback I've noticed is that Chrome is not working well, so I'm using Explorer which is very fast.
                            Many problems like external keyboard are solved. ...

Happy as a dog with a mamut bone!!!

------------- in production --------------

System work better and look better, but it's still in development, so there is some bugs.
                            So for novices I suggesat to stay in KitKat 4.4.4 the original that comes with the device, less inconsistencies.
                            For fun and better response in video goto Lollipop 5.1.1 this firmware above, requires some knowledge and patience
                            Last edited by DaremoS; 09-08-2016, 02:40.
                            "Rock more than music it's a way of living"
                            Tablet RK2918 - Yifang M900HC 8" JB 4.2.2 Oma
                            Tablet RK3026 - Yifang M7100KLD 7" JB 4.2.2
                            Tablet RK3066 - Yifang M7000 7" JB 4.2.2
                            Tablet AML8726-MXS - Yifang M7000NBD 7" - JB 4.1.1
                            Phablet Samsung Note 3 - KK 4.4.2
                            Cell Phone Samsung GT-S5760M
                            - JB 4.0.3

Comment

Hi there, I have an MX4 V10 (according to the board) Rk3229 Android TV player. I was having a problem with some apps not being able to update themselves using the ethernet port (no wifi or bluetooth on this box). The supplier suggested i do a factory reset which I did but it didn't change anything. Then they suggested I try an updated firmware. I downloaded that firmware, and installed via SD card. whether or not that was correct I still don't know. Anyway, the device picked up the update and proceeded to do its thing. It asked to reboot and it never came back on. When I plug it in I have a solid blue LED with no signal.

I have checked around the net, but I can't seem to find anything that will help me fix this thing. I can find other stock roms but nothing that concretely says its for my device and I'm worried that I mess it up further. Could anyone just point me in the right direction, which firmware I need to use and a link to basic guide of installing it.

I would appreciate the help.

Thank you

UPDATE: The chip i see on mine is SKhynix
                              Last edited by Vitosal; 02-21-2017, 13:53.

Comment

Working...
                              X