CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgar28 View Post
    Any chance of new finless rom on the new 1080p firmware (just released 3/8/2013)?

does the 1.4 finless rom suffered the internal memory blank issue that is fixed on 22nd of August official rom?
    Which 1080p firmware? Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Dictator View Post
      Yes, finless 1.4 currently have the "Internal Memory Blank Issue". Hope the new finless rom based on 1080p kernel is out soon
      Flash it with the strauzo kernel. See this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-Some-Time

Comment

BTW Is there a alternative boot.img available for this ROM with the Google TV logo like Bob made for the MK808? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...Z1T0pMUG8/edit

Comment

i use 4.2.2 finless with strauzo kernel, no blank memory issues now!
          hope Bob can fixit in some new rom!

Comment

Originally posted by justDave View Post
            Not for me.
            I installed the RKRemoteV2.0.2, but it can't find the stick no matter what I do.

I'm on the same wifi, I even started the eHomeMediaCenter application...

Comment

Originally posted by tr3w View Post
              Not for me.
              I installed the RKRemoteV2.0.2, but it can't find the stick no matter what I do.

Droidmote works very well on my CX-919 without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by rceccleston View Post
                Droidmote works very well on my CX-919 without any issues.
                Thanks for the tip, but since Finless worked very hard to make the RKRemote usable, I hope I can solve this issue.
                (And also the Droidmote server is not free...)

Comment

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Posted it in another thread but no answer unfortunately.

Just got the Cx919 a few days ago. Wanna mostly use it for video, youtube, netflix etc. Dont care too much about gaming. Already read about the youtube issues and it is choppy so not surprised. I followed a guide to install Finless kernel and T428 Nexus SDK2 Official V1 which does work great. However can someone explain to me how I get the 4GB File image (for apps) from Finless to work?

The instructions said to deselect everything when flashing for the finless part except the kernel and thus it installs the 2GB image (seems to be the default). When I try to also check the parameter part for the finless and change it to the 4GB Rom and flash it my Cx919 doesn't start anymore. Well I get 4 Tuxes (top left) and thats it. Not sure if it is not possible to change the App space size when flashing a kernel from Finless and the rest from something else.

As there seem to be a lot of ppl mixing Finless kernels with other SDK's etc. I am guessing that question must have come up before but couldn't find the answer.

If I only install Finless it probably works fine choosing the 4 GB apps image (didn't try) but how to I use that image when combining it with T428 Nexus SDK2 Official V1 or any others for that matter?

Probably a very simple answer for someone here.

Thanks

P.S. Also the screen zoom function doesn't work for me and changing resolution doesn't do anythng at all. Not sure if thats normal

Comment

Originally posted by tr3w View Post
                    Not for me.

I found a newer/different version of the RKRemote app (V2.0.3), and it works for me perfectly.
                    So if you have problems with RKRemoteV2.0.2 try this one:

At Minix we strive for exceptional detail and unparalleled quality in products and materials, standing firmly behind the enduring, premium quality of our products. Our products aspire for more through quality design that is built to last, and small but thoughtful details that make the biggest difference.

(I wonder why doesn't have this app at least an official homepage not to mention Google Play...)

Comment

App space

Originally posted by user9 View Post
                      Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. Posted it in another thread but no answer unfortunately.

Just got the Cx919 a few days ago. Wanna mostly use it for video, youtube, netflix etc. Dont care too much about gaming. Already read about the youtube issues and it is choppy so not surprised. I followed a guide to install Finless kernel and T428 Nexus SDK2 Official V1 which does work great. However can someone explain to me how I get the 4GB File image (for apps) from Finless to work?

The instructions said to deselect everything when flashing for the finless part except the kernel and thus it installs the 2GB image (seems to be the default). When I try to also check the parameter part for the finless and change it to the 4GB Rom and flash it my Cx919 doesn't start anymore. Well I get 4 Tuxes (top left) and thats it. Not sure if it is not possible to change the App space size when flashing a kernel from Finless and the rest from something else.

As there seem to be a lot of ppl mixing Finless kernels with other SDK's etc. I am guessing that question must have come up before but couldn't find the answer.

If I only install Finless it probably works fine choosing the 4 GB apps image (didn't try) but how to I use that image when combining it with T428 Nexus SDK2 Official V1 or any others for that matter?

Probably a very simple answer for someone here.

Thanks

P.S. Also the screen zoom function doesn't work for me and changing resolution doesn't do anythng at all. Not sure if thats normal
                      My assumption is that the different app. partition sizes works only with Finless ROM, so it will not work with Nexus ROM.
                      Nexus ROM , zoom and, the resolution change does not work, it is only 720p ROM.

Comment

can we use custom kernals with this mod ?
                        Last edited by Legitsu; 08-08-2013, 01:43.
                        current devices(rockchip sucks)
                        Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
                        Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
                        rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by gabbarsingh View Post
                          Thanks leolas.. I will try that in a little bit today and update status. I have so far connected the PC stick to TV both directly as well as with the HD dongle and will try both this time as well.
                          I tried this step as well and it does not work.. I am really frustrated...

Has nobody else encountered this problem of "NO SIGNAL" on HDMI input on multiple TVs....

Comment

Originally posted by gabbarsingh View Post
                            I tried this step as well and it does not work.. I am really frustrated...

Has nobody else encountered this problem of "NO SIGNAL" on HDMI input on multiple TVs....
                            This problem happened to me when plugged in an old TV, I had to buy a converter HDMI> VGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                              This problem happened to me when plugged in an old TV, I had to buy a converter HDMI> VGA.
                              Thanks Hunter. It is quite strange as I have tried it on three different TVs - 1080p LG 50" TV from 2008, 1080p 26" Vizio LED from 2011 and 720p 32" Vizo LCD from 2012.

I don't have an HDMI to VGA converter...

I am beginning to think if the unit is somehow defective and think I am going to raise a claim with Paypal and see if I can get my money back.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

I had flash my cx 919 with finless rom + strauzo kernel (both at the same time)

I tried to connect the internet, the device detected my wireless modem as excellent, set up the password. But could not connect to internet. right bottom wireless icon stated no internet.

Anyone has such issue? how to resolve it? I set the time and date coreectly as well (as some stated is the date issue)

Originally posted by handroid View Post
                                Flash it with the strauzo kernel. See this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-Some-Time

Comment

Working...
                                X