CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Hey all..... OK since I did my 4.1.1 JellyBean and the 4.2.2 ROM came out the same day...
    Time to offer you a Finless 4.2.2 ROM with pretty much the same updates I did to 4.1.1.

So here you go... trying to keep up with all these ROM releases is a PAIN! But keeps me busy which I like

Do you guys like the built in Launcher? I personally do not. Let me know if you do. But I give you a choice in this ROM anyway

Bob

Features and release notes for my 1.4 Android 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) I give you APP space size choices!
    There are also 2gb, 4gb and 6gb parameter file options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) All google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
    This includes the play store and other required Google APPs.

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it. Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

7) I added Freaktab user Tincore's Key Mapper APP version 2.3.8 (which is recent release)!
    This is a cool APP for you gamers that need to map keys or sticks to "touch" only games or APPs.
    This thing works better than any other APP for supporting games especially ones that need touch screen support!
    Learn more about it here:
    Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in Google play as Samsung device not a CX-919 or RKSDK!
    Understand this please.
    I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up your stick device.

9) Alternate launcher! Do you hate the stock launcher? Well I give you a way to change it.
    After boot up go get a root file explorer like ES File Explorer.
    In ES turn on root explorer and REMEMBER to also set system as RW (read/write).
    Go into /system/app and rename launcher3.aps to launcher3.apk
    Rename launcher2.apk to launcher2.aps
    Reboot! If you try to exit to the launcher you will get errors or a black screen so just reboot using the power button on the status bar.
    Now you will boot into the stock Android Launcher instead of the modded launcher they provided.
    You may also delete launcher2.apk if you like to remove it forever.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

It appears Xpad.ko is in the kernel already for Xbox controller support.
    However since I do not have a xbox controller I cannot test or confirm this.
    Please let me know if it works.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.4 ROM

ROM -> CX-919 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.4 ROM (263 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Tnx for a great job!

Does this ROM work on MK802IV original from Rikomagic? Wi-Fi is Realtek-8189...

Comment

Thanks again for your great support.

I just finished installing the 4.1.1 though along with 20GBs worth of apps and I am pretty happy with it. Also I use directory bind which is not compatible with newer versions of Android, so I will probably stick with it.

Comment

Thanks a bunch

Thanks Bob, you are the man. Another great ROM.

I noticed the option to add a userdata.img and a backup.img when flashing. How do you create these images?

Comment

Thanks bob!
          Is it still as smooth as the 4.1.1 stock ROM you reviewed?
          Still waiting for geekbuying to deliver mine!!

Comment

skype error causes gallery

Hi good morning,
            First apologies for my bad English, the latter congratulate a great job, this Rom works very well, and I have no reboots, XBMC works fine on it, but I have a question, I skype application fails, and the custom rom 4.2 , worked as well as the "bench" (Antutu, Quadrant) were there any solution?
            I'll stick with "finless" at 100%, is much better, only if you can flash it solves some file, or if I made any errors when installing, thank you very much.

Comment

Re: CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

I'm still getting bad frame skipping with 4.2 on YouTube and XBMC. It may be because I've been messing with the build prop though. I tested the T428 Ported Pipo ROM and it works on the CX919 but has no BT or Wifi which I would like. I tried to follow the porting thread to get BT and Wifi to work but got lost half way through. I like the layout of the Pipo ROM and wish I could get BT and Wifi working on it.

Sent from my v89_gq2008s using Tapatalk 2

Comment

delivery

Originally posted by britoso View Post
                Thanks bob!
                Is it still as smooth as the 4.1.1 stock ROM you reviewed?
                Still waiting for geekbuying to deliver mine!!
                Hi. just wondering if you have recieved yours yet? TY

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
                  Hi. just wondering if you have recieved yours yet? TY
                  I ordered one for someone else which shipped on 5/23 and was delivered on 5/30.

Mine was shipped on 6/8 and says delivered today 6/17. (runs to the post box )

Comment

happy happy joy joy.

I ordered one for someone else which shipped on 5/23 and was delivered on 5/30.

Mine was shipped on 6/8 and says delivered today 6/17. (runs to the post box )
                    Im jealous. Enjoy. If you have time let us know how she flies....

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
                      Im jealous. Enjoy. If you have time let us know how she flies....
                      Just tried it quickly and it worked well, g9x wired mouse, 24" monitor
                      THe inclluded micro usb cable (for power) is quite short (~3'), I used a longer one I had.
                      Will install Finless after playing around with this for a bit.

Comment

Thats awsome

Just tried it quickly and it worked well, g9x wired mouse, 24" monitor
                        THe inclluded micro usb cable (for power) is quite short (~3'), I used a longer one I had.
                        Will install Finless after playing around with this for a bit.
                        Mine will be here tomorrow. The 19th. Been tracking that sucker all the way. Il post up on it after I get it tomorrow.Fingers crossed.

Comment

Just flashed Finless v14.
                          Didn't want to waste time with the stock as all that customization would be lost anyway.

A few things to note:
                          1. point windows at the drivers\ folder, I tried pointing it at x64\win7\ and it did said driver not found
                          2. the flash tool is almost foolproof, the default APP size parameter is 2GB, not 1GB as in the README.
                          3. The data partition (all app data) shares the APP filesystem space, So its a good idea to go with the 4GB or 6GB for the long term. Verified this on my device.
                          4. It even boots and plays audio/video with just my laptop usb port as power source!

Successful flashing log:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	430300

Everything works great and the ROM is awesome. Streaming google music to my hotel TV rocks!!!

Bob:
                          • I cannot get adb to work. I added the VID/PID into android_winusb.inf (both x86 and x64 sections), and updated to that driver.

Code:
                          ;CX-919
                          %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1BCF&PID_280B
                          %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1BCF&PID_280B&MI_01
                          USBDeview shows that the device ("Android ADB Interface") connected, but adb devices does not show the device. Tried "adb kill-server" and turning on/off settings>usb>connect to pc. Settings>usb debugging is on.
                          Last edited by britoso; 06-19-2013, 06:50.

Comment

Thanks Britoso

Yea! I did get mine today. Just playing around with it. I can see how fast it is. Im gona have to wait till tomorrow to flash. Im beat and besides. The grandkids are having fun playing angrybirds. lol. But I have to have root and fix the issue with other games. So Il get it done. Now that I see how much the kids are enjoying it. This means Il have to get another. lol. Oh well...

Comment

Bob:
                              • I cannot get adb to work. I added the VID/PID into android_winusb.inf (both x86 and x64 sections), and updated to that driver.

Code:
                              ;CX-919
                              %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1BCF&PID_280B
                              %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1BCF&PID_280B&MI_01
                              USBDeview shows that the device ("Android ADB Interface") connected, but adb devices does not show the device. Tried "adb kill-server" and turning on/off settings>usb>connect to pc. Settings>usb debugging is on.

What version of windows are you on?
                              If win7 you need to create a folder and a file c:/users/YOU USER NAME/.android/adb_usb.ini
                              In this text file put this:

0x2207
                              0x0e79

Those are the IDs for 3088 and 3188

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                              X