CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strauzo Kernel Test Cx-919 :: UPDATE

Well I've been testing Strauzo's excellent work here for a couple of hours, and have to say that its pretty solid.

BlueTooth performs as well as it did previously.. tested with Moga Pro, phonejoy, ps3 contollers, as well mice and keyboards.

Games and Emu don't seem to be effected by the new Kernel.. could be my imagination but ShadowGun seems smoother.

Video playback is wonderfully smooth

There are a couple of problems though....

Wifi performance, for me anyway, seems to have slowed quite a bit.

OTG port has stopped working... This has also been reported by users of the Mk908.
    Last edited by KEgg; 07-09-2013, 14:22. Reason: update to update

Comment

Originally posted by KEgg View Post
      Well I've been testing Strauzo's excellent work here for a couple of hours, and have to say that its pretty solid.

BlueTooth performs as well as it did previously.. tested with Moga Pro, phonejoy, ps3 contollers, as well mice and keyboards.

Games and Emu don't seem to be effected by the new Kernel.. could be my imagination but ShadowGun seems smoother.

Video playback is wonderfully smooth

There are a couple of problems though....

Wifi performance, for me anyway, seems to have slowed quite a bit.

OTG port has stopped working... This has also been reported by users of the Mk908.
      The Strauzo's kernel (for Tronsmart T428) works in this device CX-919?

Comment

Re: CX-919 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
        Please take the time to read a few posts earlier.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

strauzo Kernel Test Cx-919 :: UPDATE

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
          Yes, it seems, I just flashed it on my device a few minutes ago, and definitely it improves video performance (no jittering), I do not know how to test wifi, but it works, I never used OTG port so I cannot comment on that, browsing seems to be the same …

Comment

Strauzo Kernel Test Cx-919

New Kernel from Strauzo to download.

Have tested here with once again great results.

Wifi is a lot better and now the OTG usb port is back in action.

Download Here ::

Thread to follow ::

He's not to far off from going final on this baby.

Update ::

Kernel test3 is up.. pretty happy with test2 here... also someone reported the test3 did not boot all the way.
            Last edited by KEgg; 07-09-2013, 20:06. Reason: update

Comment

New Kernel from Strauzo to download.

Have tested here with once again great results.

Wifi is a lot better and now the OTG usb port is back in action.

Download Here ::

Thread to follow ::

He's not to far off from going final on this baby.

Update ::

Kernel test3 is up.. pretty happy with test2 here... also someone reported the test3 did not boot all the way.
              How do you apply the img file, do I just overwrite the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by radekal View Post
                How do you apply the img file, do I just overwrite the other one?
                Have a look at post #103 on this thread. It's a Quick explanation... but yeah, all I've been doing is overwriting the Kernel each time.

Comment

Do this roms work for all the CX devices? I mean there is the Tronsmart CX-919 and the US plug CX-919 and the EU plug CX-919 (at least at Geekbuying)? Or is there a difference? I don't want to get the wrong one.. Regarding specifications there doens't seem to be a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by finrodize View Post
                    Do this roms work for all the CX devices? I mean there is the Tronsmart CX-919 and the US plug CX-919 and the EU plug CX-919 (at least at Geekbuying)? Or is there a difference? I don't want to get the wrong one.. Regarding specifications there doens't seem to be a difference.

Thanks in advance!
                    It should work on US plug CX-919 and the EU plug CX-919. They are the same, only difference is the different power plug/adapter. You should be getting the EU plug CX-919. Thats the one I ordered.

I am not aware of Tronsmart CX-919.

Comment

Originally posted by iamafreak View Post
                      It should work on US plug CX-919 and the EU plug CX-919. They are the same, only difference is the different power plug/adapter. You should be getting the EU plug CX-919. Thats the one I ordered.

I am not aware of Tronsmart CX-919.
                      Ok, thanks for your answer!

Comment

Thanks

Have a look at post #103 on this thread. It's a Quick explanation... but yeah, all I've been doing is overwriting the Kernel each time.
                        I uploaded the new kernel and everything seems to be working ok, no improvement in wifi performance which is what I was hoping for and of course still no 1080p...

Comment

Originally posted by radekal View Post
                          no improvement in wifi performance which is what I was hoping for and of course still no 1080p...
                          Have to agree no improvement in the end for wifi.. am able to stream 1080p video good enough to it still. It sounds like the wifi issue has nothing to do with Strauzo's Kernel but JB 4.2.2. Reading around a couple of the threads seems to point at getting Finless 1.4 Android 4.1.1 installed for best wifi and Ethernet performance. Invested too much time in getting my current setup ready to jump back at the mo.

Really do not see the need for 1080p when it comes to devices using the Mali 400 GPU.. There's a hell of a lot of colour banding that occurs with video playback, which still means I'll stick with my RasPi for video. I'm probably going to get a stick that uses the Power VR GPU as its report to be brilliant with colour reproduction and 4k ready.

Comment

Have to agree no improvement in the end for wifi.. am able to stream 1080p video good enough to it still. It sounds like the wifi issue has nothing to do with Strauzo's Kernel but JB 4.2.2. Reading around a couple of the threads seems to point at getting Finless 1.4 Android 4.1.1 installed for best wifi and Ethernet performance. Invested too much time in getting my current setup ready to jump back at the mo.

Really do not see the need for 1080p when it comes to devices using the Mali 400 GPU.. There's a hell of a lot of colour banding that occurs with video playback, which still means I'll stick with my RasPi for video. I'm probably going to get a stick that uses the Power VR GPU as its report to be brilliant with colour reproduction and 4k ready.
                            I just installed the new kernel a couple days ago after using these Finless roms on my CX-919 since around the time they were released. In my experience the 4.2.2 Finless rom seems to have many more issues than the 4.1.1 release so the wifi and ethernet performance you mentioned makes sense to me. When using the 4.2.2 rom I noticed some serious limitations in wifi signal and my bluetooh/wifi couldn't be used at the same time (turning on bluetooth would leave my wifi connected but completely unresponsive). The new kernel install I did over Finless 4.1.1 and so far I'm very happy with the improvements, video is playing very well and it seems the decoding speed translates to images to some degree (it feels like images in Netflix browse pages etc buffer much faster than before). If the kernel is doing something fundamental with image/video decoding I imagine texture heavy games like Shadowgun could run smoother like someone mentioned.

I'm also very happy with the fact that the new kernal loads in full screen zoom. Before upgrading the kernel, turning the CX-919 would produce a black boarder around the display until fully loaded (it would go fullscreen once it loaded the zoom value in your settings). Now it's loading the way I want it, and the zoom value in settings is no longer there.

Comment

Is it possible to have one giant internal storage, similar to Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, instead of having a separate apps partition that I really have no idea how much I would need?

Comment

I don't know of any way to create a single storage partition but I can say that you'll likely need less "app storage" than you'd think. That's really only used for core files it seems, majority of the games I've come across store the bulk of their size on the second partition. Some let you specify where the additional downloads get stored, I have my install of Bard's Tale pulling the 5GB of HD textures from my SD card for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X