Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXQ Pro (an maybe other boxes too) Request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro (an maybe other boxes too) Request!

Hi everyone! Today i tested my MXQ Pro 4k on an "old" Sony Bravia tv. Looked ok for some minutes but after 2-3 minutes, the screen turned into green/pink colour! After i searched the internet, this is a very common problem with many amlogic tv boxes on old Sony and Philips televisions! The problem is caused because of amlogic devices hdmi outup is always set at YUV color space and these televisions dont support. Tronsmart and Minix have found a solution and they released a new firmware for their S95 and U1 devices, that fix this problem! They added an option in Display Settings to enable FORCE RGB OUTPUT and problem is now gone!
    Can anyone please try to fix it for other devices too?
    Thanks in advance!

Try setting your TV input mode to PC.

Comment

And it will connect to hdmi in rgb mode?

Comment

I think so(even the colours are different) , I had this problem on Mini MX, but that tv setting seems to fix it & it fixes the oversized picture(don't have to scale it back to 93%) on screen too.

Comment

If i change input to PC i gen no picture! Is there another setting you are talking about? What brand was your tv?

Comment

I have a Samsung TV, I press Source on the remote, select hdmi1(where the box is connected), press Tools button to bring up options, select Edit Name, select PC(there are other options like Cable STB, Satellite STB, Game etc.) then press OK. If you tell me your Sony TV model then maybe I could help.

Comment

Kdl-32bx400 sony bravia

Comment

Try something written here:

Comment

Thanks. I will try to play with tv settings. But tv box manufacturer engineers should find a solution since it exists! Tronsmart and Minix engineers have fixed it!

Comment

We agree if you contact the manufacture of your box and they provide a software solution for you post it here for others. Since we dint know who made yours not something anyone here can do for you. 😁
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Manufacturer is supposed to be ENY. I aksed them and still waiting for solution. But until i get a solution that i can share here, i am asking if anyone else with such problem can share his/her solution.

Comment

Originally posted by dracosc22679 View Post
                        Hi everyone! Today i tested my MXQ Pro 4k on an "old" Sony Bravia tv. Looked ok for some minutes but after 2-3 minutes, the screen turned into green/pink colour! After i searched the internet, this is a very common problem with many amlogic tv boxes on old Sony and Philips televisions! The problem is caused because of amlogic devices hdmi outup is always set at YUV color space and these televisions dont support. Tronsmart and Minix have found a solution and they released a new firmware for their S95 and U1 devices, that fix this problem! They added an option in Display Settings to enable FORCE RGB OUTPUT and problem is now gone!
                        Can anyone please try to fix it for other devices too?
                        Thanks in advance!
                        I have a good relation with MXQ software director engineer... I just reported this problem to him directly. I guess he can fix it soon.
                        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

@dracosc22679

Can you do some test by ADB if needed?
                          Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

yes. but i may need some help

Comment

Javimetal Im a Philips owner (PFL9664) with the same issue. I'm able to run any operation over my player (MXQ quickplay).

Comment

Working...
                              X