Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXQ Pro (an maybe other boxes too) Request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by witokondoria View Post
    Javimetal Im a Philips owner (PFL9664) with the same issue. I'm able to run any operation over my player (MXQ quickplay).
    I am waiting some instructions from MXQ engineer. They are already looking at this. Maybe tomorrow we can get some news
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

It seems that the value 1 is written to "/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode". Does it on all boxes or only in Tronsmart boxes?

Comment

On my MXQPro there is no such file!
        There is another file hdcp_mode which is set to off
        and another disp_mode file which is set to VIC:4

Comment

Just as a second-same-response, my box doesn't have this /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/rgb_mode file (nor I could touch it). My disp_mode is also VIC:4 (1280 x 720 p 59.94/60Hz 16:9), where my edid outputs this:

Code:
          Rx Brand Name: PHL
          Rx Product Name: Philips
          EDID block number: 0x1
          blk0 chksum: 0xc7
          Source Physical Address[a.b.c.d]: 1.0.0.0
          native Mode f1, VIC (native 255):
          ColorDeepSupport 38, MaxTMDSClock 45
          31 16 32 33 34 20 5 19 4 18 3 17 2 22 7 21 6 1
          Audio {format, channel, freq, cce}
          {1, 1, 1f, 7}
          {2, 5, 7, 0}
          Speaker Allocation: 1
          Vendor: 0xc03
          Vendor2: 0x0
          SCDC: 0
          RR_Cap: 0
          LTE_340M_Scramble: 0
          Rx 3D Format Support List:
          {VIC FramePacking TopBottom SidebySide}
          { 31    0       0       0 }
          { 16    0       0       0 }
          { 32    0       0       0 }
          { 33    0       0       0 }
          { 34    0       0       0 }
          { 20    0       0       0 }
          { 5     0       0       0 }
          { 19    0       0       0 }
          { 4     0       0       0 }
          { 18    0       0       0 }
          { 3     0       0       0 }
          { 17    0       0       0 }
          { 2     0       0       0 }
          { 22    0       0       0 }
          { 7     0       0       0 }
          { 21    0       0       0 }
          { 6     0       0       0 }
          { 1     0       0       0 }
          checkvalue: 0xc7b40000

Comment

A small ping:

Tronsmart Vega S95 (with the same amlogic s905) has this at its last changelog:

6.Fixed the pink screen on some old TV(Add option: Setting->more setting->force RGB Output, choose on)

What seems to be this very same.

Comment

MXQ engineers told us that they are making the new firmware with these fixes. This is something we are also fixing now, so it will be ready soon. If we can get an .img for MXQ then we are going to share with you.

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

I am having the same problem with green/pink color with MXQ Pro+ and my philips tv.
                  I have already contacted support. If I get some new info, i let you know.

Comment

Hello everyone. I used be around here under another user name (I don't remember it now). I just bought a couple of Qac Qoc AmLogic S905 MXQ boxes. This is the link from Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I'm hoping that someone can answer a few questions for me. I'm getting frustrated. In the past, I've rooted, modded and hacked the older Samsung devices and I have a collection of weird off-brand Chinese tablets. I had no problem with them. Until I bought the Android boxes, I was running Kodi on Raspberry Pi's. Again, no problem with anything.

These things...ughh. So, today I tried to upload a custom .ini into FTV Guide. I know that I don't need root because I have installed it in my Galaxy Note II. Even though I have hidden files enabled in System, I couldn't drop the file in through the file manager. I tried to go in through WinSCP. It's asking for a username/password. I don't have a clue what those would be. I haven't even added a GMail account to the device yet. I downloaded any apps that I needed with Raccoon. There is no username or password whatsoever associated with this device. Does anyone have any idea of what these would be? Blank doesn't work. And, yes, I did install the SSH software.

And, what's up with the Backup? I always used the Backup from the Kodi repository to backup the Pi's. I can't do that with the MXQ's. I have an SD card and a flash drive with plenty of storage available. Every time that I try to backup I get an error. Backup thinks that both storage locations aren't writeable and they should be.

At this point, I decided to just root the thing and get it over with. I don't really trust all of that Chinese software. I deleted as much of it as I could. Now I see that there are two models of that MXQ Pro. How do I know which one that I have?

And finally, could someone please point me towards the correct root software and possibly suggest a ROM? I'm just so confused at this point I really don't know what I should be using.

I'm just having a really hard time finding any information. There really seems to be more information out there for the Pi's and they aren't nearly as popular. Usually I am stubborn as a mule and struggle through because I won't ask for help. I have learned most of what I know this way. But, this time I really do need a hand.

Thanks!

Comment

I think MXQ has alredy released a new firmware to their vendors fixing pink-screen problem. Did not get it yet?

Comment

Hi, just talked to MXQ engineer and told me that there are several versions and firmwares are different, so it could be a problem if you flash the wrong one.

I think he is going to send me something later... then I will back.

Comment

Just tested it and no update for my box (MXQ PRO quickplay)

Comment

Hi dude,

Same issue from my MXQ Pro + and PHILLIPS TV.

Current compilation: p201-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20160511

NO "Force RGB" option in more settings ...

Any new regarding this issue?, any file depot to download and upgrade?

I just have a no OTA service availabe message too when I try to update.

Regards from Málaga/Spain
                            Last edited by asmartin; 06-01-2016, 06:24.

Comment

Hi,

New upgrade for MXQ+ Pro stock firmware [ aml_upgrade_package0429.img ] :Good luck!!!
                              Last edited by asmartin; 06-03-2016, 10:40.

Comment

Javimetal, do you have further news? Im tempted on installing a Tronsmart firmware on my MXQ PRO quickplay, as is supposed to be installable on a Bellink MiniMx (and MiniMx work on my box)

Comment

Working...
                                X