• Show
Clear All

Hi All,

I opened a new topic for the Zidoo based ROM:

Please use that as you like.
    Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi,

Did anyone test the HD audio (HD-DTS, Dolby Digital Plus etc.) HDMI passthrough capabilities with KODI (or with any other player)?
      Regards, STZO

Comment

No words.
        Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post
          Hi,

Did anyone test the HD audio (HD-DTS, Dolby Digital Plus etc.) HDMI passthrough capabilities with KODI (or with any other player)?
          Which ROM are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by ontherocks View Post
            Which ROM are you talking about?
            In this topic I'm talking about the Nagrace based ROM, in the Zidoo topic I talk about the Zidoo based ROM. Both for Z68. Since I cannot test the HD audio passthrough, I'm curious about all solutions. I recommended to avoid turning on the the transcoding option in the Nagrace based rom, but the passthrough may work either.
            Regards, STZO

Comment

Hello, tell me please how to mount heat sink i ve read here i must take off the metal plate, after i must put heat sink, but how i put there because i can t Block there? I must ouț with thermal paste? And the my heat sink it didn t have screw or something to Block there? I must use glue or something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by englezu View Post
                Hello, tell me please how to mount heat sink i ve read here i must take off the metal plate, after i must put heat sink, but how i put there because i can t Block there? I must ouț with thermal paste? And the my heat sink it didn t have screw or something to Block there? I must use glue or something like this?
                There are no holes on the PCB to screw in and attach a heat sink. Your best bet is to buy double sided adhesive thermal tape and stick the heat sink. You don't need thermal paste in this case.
                **** link for thermal tapes - http://www.****.com/bhp/thermal-adhesive-tape

Comment

Thank you for answer, i have 2 questions, First i can improve an heat sink from videochipset (desktop motherboard) and second, it s better to put a Cooler there? And it will have power from usb-usbhub

Comment

Thank you for answer, i have 2 questions, First i can improve an heat sink from videochipset (desktop motherboard) and second, it s better to put a Cooler there? And it will have power from usb-usbhub
                    The heat that you have to have dissipated is 2-6W as an average. The overall heat sink surface size should be approx. 50 cm2, without a fan is applied. With a fan applied, it could be much smaller.
                    Regards, STZO

Comment

In this topic I'm talking about the Nagrace based ROM, in the Zidoo topic I talk about the Zidoo based ROM. Both for Z68. Since I cannot test the HD audio passthrough, I'm curious about all solutions. I recommended to avoid turning on the the transcoding option in the Nagrace based rom, but the passthrough may work either.
                      Yes, the Nagrace ROM, supports HD audio passthrough.

Comment

The more cooling you can provide the better, but you have to strike a balance between space constraints, noise, power requirements. How much power does your cooler consume?

Comment

Yes, the Nagrace ROM, supports HD audio passthrough.
                          That's fine! Thank you for the report! You did not test the Zidoo based rom against passthrough?
                          Regards, STZO

Comment

That's fine! Thank you for the report! You did not test the Zidoo based rom against passthrough?
                            No, did not test your Zidoo based ROM. Running short of bandwidth . But I am sure it would also support HD audio passthrough.

Comment

No, did not test your Zidoo based ROM. Running short of bandwidth . But I am sure it would also support HD audio passthrough.
                              O.K., Thanks!
                              Regards, STZO

Comment

Finally received, i open, i take off the old heat sink(a piece of metal silver (i think it was Iron), i mount a New heat sink, i use a heat sink from a pc Motherboard (from video) about 5cm x 4 cm x 1 cm termopad and i don t find a program to monitor the cpu, tried to install real racing 3 but it crash, i try to enter on chrome and play movies online with subtitle ( for this i buy the Machine) and it stay very much before it open the movie, and the movie it s slow ( it s Block, like very slow fps view)it could be this from the software? And for the games, same problem, or it could be from the heat sink i mount? It could be not to good to cool the chipset, Waiting for answer thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X