Nexbox - Z68 HPH-Nagrace NT-V8 edition by STZO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ontherocks View Post
    The more cooling you can provide the better, but you have to strike a balance between space constraints, noise, power requirements. How much power does your cooler consume?
    I mount a normal heat sink from motherboard pc (video chipset)

Comment

Originally posted by englezu View Post
      Finally received, i open, i take off the old heat sink(a piece of metal silver (i think it was Iron), i mount a New heat sink, i use a heat sink from a pc Motherboard (from video) about 5cm x 4 cm x 1 cm termopad and i don t find a program to monitor the cpu, tried to install real racing 3 but it crash, i try to enter on chrome and play movies online with subtitle ( for this i buy the Machine) and it stay very much before it open the movie, and the movie it s slow ( it s Block, like very slow fps view)it could be this from the software? And for the games, same problem, or it could be from the heat sink i mount? It could be not to good to cool the chipset, Waiting for answer thank you!
      When the CPU overheats, the device resets itself according to my experiences. The size of the heat sink you installed seems big enough to avoid overheating, so the problem could be for another reason.
      CPU temperatue is hard to monitor, as these kernels do not support it properly, only the frequencies can be monitored, e.g. with the Kernel Auditor app. Watching movies is much better to do from KODI (browsers use flash players), also there is a fine addon for Youtube which works quite well, please see my provious posts.

In KODI settings the audio transcoding option must be turned off for proper operation in this Nagrace version.
      Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

When the CPU overheats, the device resets itself according to my experiences. The size of the heat sink you installed seems big enough to avoid overheating, so the problem could be for another reason.
        CPU temperatue is hard to monitor, as these kernels do not support it properly, only the frequencies can be monitored, e.g. with the Kernel Auditor app. Watching movies is much better to do from KODI (browsers use flash players), also there is a fine addon for Youtube which works quite well, please see my provious posts.

In KODI settings the audio transcoding option must be turned off for proper operation in this Nagrace version.

I use thr stock version came to factory, in kodi i don t find movies with subtitle from my country, this is the problem, this is the Reaason why i play from browser, what to do în this case? Thank you STZO

Comment

Originally posted by englezu View Post

I use thr stock version came to factory, in kodi i don t find movies with subtitle from my country, this is the problem, this is the Reaason why i play from browser, what to do în this case? Thank you STZO
          Sorry, no idea. In most of the cases I download the subtitles from the Opensubtitles repository (using the related addon in KODI), and many times I just find English one only, too.
          Maybe you could try the Zidoo based rom:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...dition-by-stzo

or change from Chrome to other browser. As I remember, Chrome for Android does not support flash play, at least, my Android phone doesn't.
          Last edited by Stzo; 06-24-2016, 17:04.
          Regards, STZO

Comment

Working...
          X