No announcement yet.

Beelink Mini MX III hdmi passthrough sound stuttering with Kodi & SPMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, i closed it couse i tought it already solved, shoul it open it again? for me ac3 and DTS passthrough is ok with spdif using spmc 16.2

Comment

I didn't try through SPDIF, only through HDMI. As I discribed before, there is sound dropout (very short intermittent mutes) with DTS passthrough. This is very light but I cannot watch a movie with this problem.

I also downloaded Kodi 17 beta nightly build and the DTS problem is still there.
      Notice that when you install this version, it will overwrite the Kodi preinstalled version.

I wanted to test the MINIX U1 (S905) XBMC modified version ... but installation is impossible due to Minix protection.

Well anyway I will try SPMC through SPDIF tonight and keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by nocturne View Post
        sorry, i closed it couse i tought it already solved, shoul it open it again? for me ac3 and DTS passthrough is ok with spdif using spmc 16.2
        This is your last post from the closed topic:

using spmc 16.2, no more clicking sound on aac., as for dts still have clicking sound but not all movie
        Sorry, don't understand, your AVR can decode AAC? DTS passthrough is ok or not?

Comment

DTS running well

Comment

Originally posted by chaminoux View Post
            Hi

I just received the new Beelink Mini MX III today from Gearbest.
            The box is small and nice and runs well.

The first thing I tried was movies through Kodi preinstalled with HDMI passthrough settings.
            Unfortunately I have the same well known problem than some other boxes : DTS and AC3 movies sound stuttering / glitches every 10 seconds approximately.
            I just got my Mini MX III today and noticed the exact same problem.
            MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

With SPDIF output and SPMC 16.3.0 audio output passthrough => same problem.

I performed some more tests back to HDMI output and SPMC 16.3.0 audio output passthrough.
              First I noticed that when you change audio output settings in SPMC, you’d better close SPMC and reboot the box before testing result. If you don’t, there is sometimes no audio at all after changing settings.

That said, box audio output set to HDMI, here are my results when changing parameters in SPMC 16.3.0:
              * “Passthrough ouput device” set to “IEC passthrough”
              -> “Audio output device” set to “PCM”: AC3 dropouts; DTS dropouts
              -> “Audio output device” set to “IEC”: AC3 working; DTS dropouts
              -> “Audio output device” set to “RAW”: AC3 working; DTS dropouts
              * “Passthrough ouput device” set to “RAW passthrough”
              -> “Audio output device” set to “PCM”: no sound at all
              -> “Audio output device” set to “IEC”: no sound at all
              -> “Audio output device” set to “RAW”: no sound at all

So for now it's possible to have AC3 passthrough fully working, but not for DTS.

Comment

Try passthrough with stock android app, its call "Movie Player".

Comment

I confirm : Big problem for Home Cinema use (Kodi and SPMC) : there's only Dolby Digital passthrough. DTS and AudioHD (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) passthrough (via HDMI and SPDIF) don't work !

Comment

Apparently this HDaudio pass through should be fixed in Kodi 17 release for lollipop devices
                    Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Kodi 17 release addresses HDAUDIO passthrough

Comment

I'm seeing the same problem on my Mini MX as well as the Mini MX III.
                      MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

Can anyone try this Kodi version ( with the libmedia hack) and report back? thanks.

It is Kodi with passthrough enabled for the libmedia hack.

Originally posted by jmcm View Post

Hi, I just build the libmedia hack version of kodi16.1. Here it is
                        I have a MiniX Neo 7 box and have been using above Kodi passthrough version since two years ago, don't have any problem with my Denon Receiver, All works good, DTS, AC3, AAC etc.

I'm looking for a new box now, because there are have lots HEVE h.265 video files appears. The Mini MX III looks good but I will wait and see until the passthrough issue get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mineo View Post
                          Can anyone try this Kodi version ( with the libmedia hack) and report back? thanks.

It is Kodi with passthrough enabled for the libmedia hack.
                          Hi, I tried it but there's no passthrough at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nhan View Post

Thanks, brother. One more question: did you select HDMI/SPDIF Passthrough in System Audio settings?

Waiting for Mi Box now( Not AD).

Xiaomi Mi Box (US) specifications:
                            • SoC – Amlogic S905X-H quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
                            • System Memory – 2GB DDR3
                            • Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
                            • Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2 and CEC support
                            • Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF and 3.5mm audio jack
                            • Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 & H.265 MP-10 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60
                            • Audio Codecs – DTS 2.0+ digital out, Dolby digital plus up to 7.1 pass-through
                            • HDR – HDR10 and HLG HDR processing
                            • Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
                            • USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports
                            • DRM – Widevine L1 + PlayReady 3.0

Last edited by Mineo; 05-23-2016, 21:48.

Comment

Mi Box supports both Dolby Digital Plus and DTS multichannel HD audio encoding.
                              The result is smoother, dynamic, immersive and more realistic stereo surround
                              sound during ultra HD Blu-ray video playback.
                              For passthrough does not need a license AFAIK.

Anyway nice box, but how will play high bitrate content without Ethernet jack?

Comment

Originally posted by nhan View Post

Tried this Kodi version too and same for me. Passthrough not working at all. Amplifier just plays electronic noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X