Beelink Mini MX III hdmi passthrough sound stuttering with Kodi & SPMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mineo View Post
    [*]Audio Codecs – DTS 2.0+ digital out, Dolby digital plus up to 7.1 pass-through

The Dolby//DTS licenses won't work in Kodi or any other third party player. Only in stock video player.
    So keep that in mind.

Comment

It would be enough a simple working ac3 and dts passthrough.

Inviato dal mio JY-S3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

DTS passthrough dropouts with Archos Video Player too.
        And video is not as smooth as with kodi / SPMC.

Comment

For now my setup for working DTS is Archos Video Player + MX Player as default player instead of built-in one. Archos for library and network support acting as frontend for MX Player.

Comment

Editing /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec seems to fix it for now. Source

Comment

Has anyone tried VidOn XBMC 1.0.0 (based on XMBC 13.2)? I've heard that there is no audio-dropout with it.

Comment

i've tried both vidon and i've still the sound issue.
                Best trick seems to be mx player used as external player in KODI, but i did not manage to have it used by kodi.
                You have to write down a user specific player config in the kodi data folder, but i did not manage to have it working.

editing the digital_codec did not work neither..

Comment

Official guide: HOW-TO : Use external players on Android

Comment

Already tried, but seems not working , at least in my hands, did you?

Comment

Hi guys,

Dommels solution worked. Just edited /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_codec from 0 to 2. Now the thing is that it breaks everytime you reset the android box...

Im trying to modify the system boot to avoid that but I couldn't find an easy way to do that. Any ideas?

BTW Im running an MXQ PRO 4K... with the same annoying issue.

Edit :Nop, it doesn't work anymore. I even got to change the number with a script on boot but all the audio output broke.
                      Is there a way to make mx player to work with DTS 5.1 on SPDIF? I recommend Mizzu as front end for your movies.

Edit 2: "Solved"By installing OpenElec...
                      Last edited by gerardox360; 06-13-2016, 05:40.

Comment

On my beelink minimx iii, that did not work..
                        Only fix at the moment Is mx player through esexplorer
                        My NAS is in samba so I did not find a way to make it work with kodi

Comment

Same Benetnath...
                          On my beelink mx3 i am tested long time with kodi(V16.1) or SPMC (v17).

Audio passthrough with spdif or hdmi don't work !
                          MX player is the only way for digital sound. The problem is not my hardware because all works fine with MX PLAYER

@Mr Koying : SPMC is great for media info... Can you solve this audio pbm please

Comment

I flashed Minix U1 firmware which doesn't have this issue. MinixMXIII running great. HD passthrough also works.
                            Another option is Openelec.

Comment

Dommels, which Rom?
                              Bluetooth and wifi working?
                              root ?
                              Is sdcard boot still working?
                              I'm wondering if the latest Rom from supersuperceleron would work.http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...erceleron-v1-0

Comment

This one
                                So far everything seems to work. Box is running great on this rom. Easy to root too using Finless method.

Comment

Working...
                                X