Nexbox – Z68, Zidoo X6 pro edition by STZO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Did anyone test the HD audio (HD-DTS, Dolby Digital Plus etc.) HDMI passthrough capabilities with KODI (or with any other player)?
    Regards, STZO

Comment

Tested kernel and rsource, new version ugoos 1.1.1, working, need more time for tested. Iam feekback to Tronsmart(http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/tro...tv-r3368#13250)

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
        Tested kernel and rsource, new version ugoos 1.1.1, working, need more time for tested. Iam feekback to Tronsmart(http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/tro...tv-r3368#13250)
        Do you mean Ugoos 1.1.1 ROM with the kernel and resource provided by me? Do you test the ROMs with both Tronsmart and Geekbox Z68 hardware?

I use lonix 8.3 ROM on my Tronsmart with ZDMC-KODI (v34) for a while, and everything works well to me, just the HD audio passthrough I cannot test. Now I'm trying ZDMC KODI from Zidoo v1.0.36 firmware. It seems more stable than the previous one (v34), also the lipsync is much better (almost perfect) on DTS and DD movies. No need to reinstall the complete software, I'll publish the file that shold be replaced as soon as finished the investigation.
        Last edited by Stzo; 06-01-2016, 17:57.
        Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by Stzo View Post

Do you mean Ugoos 1.1.1 ROM with the kernel and resource provided by me? Do you test the ROMs with both Tronsmart and Geekbox Z68 hardware?

I use lonix 8.3 ROM on my Tronsmart for a while, and everything works well to me, just the HD audio passthrough I cannot test. Now I'm trying ZDMC KODI from Zidoo v1.0.36 firmware. It seems more stable than the previous one (v34), also the lipsync is much better (almost perfect) on DTS and DD movies. No need to reinstall the complete software, I'll publish the file that shold be replaced as soon as finished the investigation.

Iam tested only in Tronsmart x68, meta. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post

Iam tested only in Tronsmart x68, meta. Thank You

I guess, the auto-framerate switching will not work with Ugoos KODI, as I cannot see anything that refers to this function in the Changelog of this ROM.
            Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi again,

I confirm that ZDMC from Zidoo ROM 1.0.36 is better than v34 which is included with the rom (v5.1) I compiled. I tested it on my Tronsmart R68 META, but it may be true for this Z68 hardware too. To change to this newer version, you do not need to reinstall the complete ZDMC again, you just need to replace this file:

https://mega.nz/#!OwciVJ5Y!vfxqJfAAF...Jmi_RvB3HhwReA

in the \Data\apps\.... directory (go inside until you find the original .so file). (Root rights are required)

There are five steps to be done:

(1) Set the directory (where the file is located) rights to 777 first (from 755), then
              (2) Rename the original file to e.g. libkodi.so.ori
              (3) copy the new .so file, and
              (4) change the rights of the new .so file to 755
              (5) Change the directory rights back to 755.

Enjoy it. Lipsync of all passed through audio streams are quite accurate (no volume control from the IR remote will be available: probably the decoding - volume control - encoding process resulted in the audio lag before). Operation is quite stable, although sometimes exits from KODI when video stopped. Btw., it did the previous version too.
              I do recommend to change the skin to MIMIC, as this is not just a skin, but is the best configurable skin with all the features of many other skins available.
              Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi Guys,

The system basics come from the Zidoo X6 pro software modified and published by lonix, hardware support added by STZO, and also the boot logos and animation were replaced as the label of the composer. This is version #5.1 already, to provide you with a well tested solution.

What's working perfectly:

- 2,4 and 5GHz wifi
                - gigabit LAN
                - functional IR remote (except Mute, but with an alternative keyboard layout added)
                - auto-framerate changing (please copy advancedsettings.xml into the userdata directory)
                - HDMI audio passthrough (DTS, Dolby Digital)
                - 5.1 audio transcoding (please do not forget to set „Keep audio alive" = Never)
                - blue LED when operated (near zero power consumption only when it lights in Red)
                - 0,1-0,2W standby power consumption (no need of power off!)
                - TWRP recovery installed
                - lifetime license

Not tested by me:

- USB HDD support
                - bluetooth headphone support
                - HD audio passthrough (DTS-HD, DolbyDigital Plus etc.; I have no such device, please report results!)

Remaining issues:

- no power off function (this is a Z86 hardware specific feature, but it's not necessary either)
                - 7.1 HD audio (different formats) to Dolby Digital transcoding in KODI don't work, should be changed back to stereo to get sound from 7.1 audios.
                - some Zidoo apps may not work (not accurately tested)
                - MAC address' (IP numbers) are changing at every boot-up (it can finally be solved with this tool: UpgradeDllTool_Release_v1.35: https://mega.nz/#!XplFzSCR!CRV8zYNZ5...M3465prlCtRnDc )

Actually, most of you could be satisfied with this ROM. For proper audio transcoding operation in KODI, must „Keep audio alive” option turned off („Never”). Stereo sound is always perfect even if the material contains 7.1 audio. Movies with DTS or DolbyDigital sound will be played perfectly, but sometimes 'jumping' in time during playback can have problem with DD sound. For the best result, plase copy the Advancedsettings.xml file from the system/preinstall/kodi into the Android/data/org.xmbc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata directory, it will enhance the correct framerate recognition!

Link to the ROM:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Install hints:

At the first powering after the upgrade, it will automatically reboot. Following the reboot, the fist run takes approx 5 minutes to install the applications before is stands up. Since that time you can enjoy all the functionalities. Please be patient during the boot animation at the first run, it lasts about 5 minutes (apps are installed). Later it boots up in approx. 20 seconds.

Most of the preinstalled applications you can easily remove if do not want to use them.

I included 3 different resource images with 2 different IR remote key layouts. V1 is integrated into the rom package, it realizes the factoy functions, except that the Mute button takes you to the previous applications menu. With V11, the Mute button functions as Menu, and the Menu button has the same funtion as of the Back. This is my favorite arrangement, as it ensures the best fail-safe control any time. V31 is almost the same as V1 with the factory remote, maybe other remotes operate differently with it.
                ROM is rooted. AnTuTu benchmark is 30-32000. LAN speed is 90Mbit up, 180 Mbit down, wifi speed is 12Mbit up, 18Mbit down at 5GHz (2,4 GHz is similar), measured with 32kB packet sizes. Audio lag in DTS and DD movies is approx. 0,3 sec. Wifi speed test results you may see on this screenshot here:

I also tried this addon in KODI:

plugin.video.youtube-master
                https://mega.nz/#!qhVFnJ7K!JFuBJWkYR...pAVOOoZU_Q8N-8

this is the first way of getting auto-framerate changes when playing YouTube videos that I found. Works perfectly!

Additional information:

Maybe you need to wipe the storage before flashing! (It ensures that no junk remains in the empty spaces, which could make trouble if getting a call accidentally.) Use Android Tool to do that:

https://mega.nz/#!X5M1CQ4S!a__lJtR0q...VXSgapu7RV-Ly0

When using Android tool to download img files, for separate file downloads please use this (or equivalent) config file (enclosed with the above package too) in Android Tool:

https://mega.nz/#!HtdniJ5A!vMhZM8oox...6gY1ejSOSdsJAs

Image file names and locations should be set to the actual ones, or select them by clicking on the "..." cell of the table.

Good luck with best regards, STZO

Hi STZO,

What is a version of Zidoo X6 pro software modified and published by lonix (V9 Rev. 2 or V9 Rev 3) you based on for this ROM?

Thank you for your time.

KN

Comment

Originally posted by nenu View Post
                  having issues connecting to playstore with this firmware.
                  Temporary solution here.

Comment

What's working perfectly:
                    - 2,4 and 5GHz wifi
                    - gigabit LAN
                    - functional IR remote (except Mute, but with an alternative keyboard layout added)
                    - auto-framerate changing (please copy advancedsettings.xml into the userdata directory)
                    - HDMI audio passthrough (DTS, Dolby Digital)
                    - 5.1 audio transcoding (please do not forget to set „Keep audio alive" = Never)
                    - blue LED when operated (near zero power consumption only when it lights in Red)
                    - 0,1-0,2W standby power consumption (no need of power off!)
                    - TWRP recovery installed
                    - lifetime license
                    Not tested by me:
                    - USB HDD support
                    - bluetooth headphone support
                    - HD audio passthrough (DTS-HD, DolbyDigital Plus etc.; I have no such device, please report results!)
                    Remaining issues:
                    - no power off function (this is a Z86 hardware specific feature, but it's not necessary either)
                    - 7.1 HD audio (different formats) to Dolby Digital transcoding in KODI don't work, should be changed back to stereo to get sound from 7.1 audios.
                    - some Zidoo apps may not work (not accurately tested)
                    - MAC address' (IP numbers) are changing at every boot-up (it can finally be solved with this tool: UpgradeDllTool_Release_v1.35: https://mega.nz/#!XplFzSCR!CRV8zYNZ5...M3465prlCtRnDc )
                    First of all, thanks for your effort. I installed this firmware using linux_upgrade_tool and I was very pleased by the attention to detail the Zidoo people put into it. For example, when using an external keyboard you don't get the annoying pop-up on-screen keyboard or the 'press left or right to close selected recent app'.

I tested ZDMC with a few HD and FHD videos and it plays well, no issues there. However, there are some bad news too. I connected two external USB hard disks, one NTFS and one Ext4-formatted, which they weren't recognized or rather mounted and most of the times only one of the two was seen by Android. On rare occasions, I managed to have the NTFS one mounted by plugging/unplugging repeatedly. This happened whether I used a USB hub or connected them directly to the Z68's ports. USB sticks formatted to VFAT were mostly accessed, which means not always. For the record, all those disks and sticks were immediately recognized and mounted on a nearby Archlinux box. The same thing happens with the latest stock firmware. What a crappy piece of hardware... Any ideas on accessing external EXT4 disks? I don't fancy reformatting my disks as I don't own any windows machines.

Another issue is the ethernet connection which doesn't always get configured on boot (I'm using a static configuration) and sometimes it goes down without reason too. This is a showstopper as the LAN is my last resort of accessing video. With the stock firmware I hadn't these issues, however I had a worse one: the network wouldn't come up after a standby/wakeup cycle. What a crappy piece of hardware... It's urgently in need of a serious firmware update. It goes without saying that my review at geekbuying where I mentioned these 2 issues was rejected: "Please, update to the latest firmware" (which I already had).

STZO, thanks again for your good work.
                    Last edited by nous; 06-04-2016, 12:46.

Comment

[EDIT] A bug in vBulletin caused my initial post not to show and I thought it was lost.
                      Last edited by nous; 06-04-2016, 12:44.

Comment

[EDIT] A bug in vBulletin caused my initial post not to show and I thought it was lost.
                        Last edited by nous; 06-04-2016, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Hi STZO,

What is a version of Zidoo X6 pro software modified and published by lonix (V9 Rev. 2 or V9 Rev 3) you based on for this ROM?

Thank you for your time.

KN

This is based on 8.3 by lonix, which as I remember, was based on Zidoo 1.0.33. Also I replaced KODI to that I extracted from 1.0.34. Changing to Zidoo 1.0.36 KODI is described above here:

Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by nous View Post

First of all, thanks for your effort. I installed this firmware using linux_upgrade_tool and I was very pleased by the attention to detail the Zidoo people put into it. For example, when using an external keyboard you don't get the annoying pop-up on-screen keyboard or the 'press left or right to close selected recent app'.

I tested ZDMC with a few HD and FHD videos and it plays well, no issues there. However, there are some bad news too. I connected two external USB hard disks, one NTFS and one Ext4-formatted, which they weren't recognized or rather mounted and most of the times only one of the two was seen by Android. On rare occasions, I managed to have the NTFS one mounted by plugging/unplugging repeatedly. This happened whether I used a USB hub or connected them directly to the Z68's ports. USB sticks formatted to VFAT were mostly accessed, which means not always. For the record, all those disks and sticks were immediately recognized and mounted on a nearby Archlinux box. The same thing happens with the latest stock firmware. What a crappy piece of hardware... Any ideas on accessing external EXT4 disks? I don't fancy reformatting my disks as I don't own any windows machines.

Another issue is the ethernet connection which doesn't always get configured on boot (I'm using a static configuration) and sometimes it goes down without reason too. This is a showstopper as the LAN is my last resort of accessing video. With the stock firmware I hadn't these issues, however I had a worse one: the network wouldn't come up after a standby/wakeup cycle. What a crappy piece of hardware... It's urgently in need of a serious firmware update. It goes without saying that my review at geekbuying where I mentioned these 2 issues was rejected: "Please, update to the latest firmware" (which I already had).

STZO, thanks again for your good work.
                            As you say, your experiences are the same with the Zidoo rom and the stock firmware, so maybe this is a hardware related problem. Please note, one of the USB port of this box behaves differently, as it is used an illegal way to connect it to the computer in boot-loader mode (it should be a micro-USB socket).
                            I use only LAN port to connect the internet and watching movies, also I access my video records, musics and photos via the LAN, but I never experienced any connection-drop issue yet. I experienced problems, however, when turned it off to standby shortly after a wake-up cycle: instead of sleep, it went then to some intermediate state, when the system has stopped, but power was still taken, and only a real power off cycle could have it be recovered.
                            Actually, I'm not a software professional, I made some changes in the exisiting software configurations to make up this box and make it usable, but not sure I could resolve the problems that you mention above. The Geekbuying guys will not do it for sure, I guess.
                            The stock ROM had other serious issues e.g. no audio passthrough in KODI, no DTS and DD correct play, very slow operation etc., and I was approximating the problems from this point of view. I'm sorry about the drawbacks of this software that makes this box less usable for you. Btw.: did you try the Nagrace based firmware too:

Regards, STZO

Comment

Originally posted by nous View Post

Temporary solution here.
                              Thank you nous, it could be useful for many people. Instead of ES file explorer, maybe the preinstalled Total commander can also be used to remove this application.
                              Regards, STZO

Comment

Hi, I am trying out the new 1.38 Zidoo 9 Pro software on my Nexbox....was able to get everything working except remote....the only button that works is the up key on the remote which brings up a screen with shutdown, standby and reboot...When I select shutdown it actually turns off the nexbox...they also upgraded Kodi to 16.1..here is a change log:

Model: ZIDOO_X6 Pro
                                Version:v1.0.38
                                ChangeLog:

1,Fixed the login issue(Google Play store).
                                2,Rewrote the ZDMC's codec for Rockchip chipset by using a new method for passthrough. Update to 16.1,use the new audio API IEC61937,Fixed the issue of audio out of sync
                                3,Fixed the undetectable of sdcard sometimes.
                                4,Adjusted and optimized some system permissions.
                                5,Adjusted operation of adding device directory in ZIDOO Theater ,optimized scan mode to improve the matching accuracy.
                                6,Solved the problem that ZIDOO Theater occasionally force stop.
                                7,Solved MediaCenter occasionally "Unknown err" error result in failue of access the appropriate directory.
                                8,Added the Zidoo Helper apk,you can search for useful userguide and tutorials in it.
                                9,Optimized auto frame rate switching for 3d videos on VideoPlayer.
                                10,Optimized compatibility of some third-party video applications.

Maybe STZO can give me some ideas on getting the remote to work...tried flashing your remote resource images from your 8.3 version...but I am guessing you did something else to get it to work..

Comment

Working...
                                X