Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MXQ Pro rom is not compatible. That is how I originally bricked mine. It would freeze at the MXQ Pro bootscreen logo and the toothpick recovery would not respond. I eventually recovered it with the above method.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy611 View Post

I was able to install Kodi 16.1. I was not able to do this by simply updating the app, it would give me an error message every time. I was able to uninstall Kodi and then install Kodi 16.1 as a new installation. I think this is a better end result because it gets rid of all the preinstalled addon crap. The Android x86 .apk on the Kodi website did not work. The Android ARM .apk on the the Kodi website worked. I downloaded the .apk, moved it to a usb flash drive and installed it from the usb flash drive on the MXQ box.
      and what will you do to install Kodi 16.2 in near future ? are you going to uninstall and install new one ? on doing that you will loose all your library

it should exist a way to keep or backup settings , i read somewhere that you need to rename kodi folder in app/data before uninstall kodi and put back original name before running the new version but it did not work , after this i lost all settings when i jumped from 16 beta to 16.1

Comment

Originally posted by extenue View Post

and what will you do to install Kodi 16.2 in near future ? are you going to uninstall and install new one ? on doing that you will loose all your library

it should exist a way to keep or backup settings , i read somewhere that you need to rename kodi folder in app/data before uninstall kodi and put back original name before running the new version but it did not work , after this i lost all settings when i jumped from 16 beta to 16.1
        You may be able to get around this just by
        updating kodi to future versions.

What you have described is one way of doing it, however you don't have access to the .kodi folder from the file explorer on the MXQ pro+, you have to install something like 'total commander' from the play store.
        Another option is by installing the 'community portal' program addon and then go to maintenance then backup restore my content, set working folders and backup you data.
        I did receive my box today and I have un-installed kodi and installed version 16.1 which I have downloaded and put on a USB stick.
        I have also installed Total commander, there are few apps you can install from the play store on this box, many are not compatible due to ROM restrictions. However if you can find the .apk file you can always put it on a USB and install it from the application installer app same as I did with kodi 16.1

Comment

the Q-Box is identical to mxq pro + , because q-box have new ROM may 2016 ??? the q-box what LAN chip have ???

Comment

Thanks for the Tutorial but it didn't work with my broken MXQ Pro+ . It worked howerever with the other box that I have and still "works".

Guess I'm out of luck with the broken box...it just won't show up in burning tool...or maybe the reset button doesn't work....or I need to short some pins on the memory chip (For the normal MXQ Pro its Pin 29 and 30)...

Comment

Originally posted by zippy611 View Post
              The MXQ Pro rom is not compatible. That is how I originally bricked mine. It would freeze at the MXQ Pro bootscreen logo and the toothpick recovery would not respond. I eventually recovered it with the above method.
              Many thanks for your reply.
              looks like i would just have to use it as it is...the Box seems to have alot of potential for its hardware...would really love to see a good custom rom for it.

Comment

Just to inform you.

Good news for owners MXQ Pro + 2GB RAM 16GB ROM, WiFi 6330 module. Some Russian dudes on 4pda managed to compile firmware from Tronsmart Vega S95Meta.
                Look at the bottom of the page.
                http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=723156&st=1860 (and use google translate).

Comment

Originally posted by depi View Post
                  Just to inform you.

Good news for owners MXQ Pro + 2GB RAM 16GB ROM, WiFi 6330 module. Some Russian dudes on 4pda managed to compile firmware from Tronsmart Vega S95Meta.
                  Look at the bottom of the page.
                  http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=723156&st=1860 (and use google translate).

thanks man

Comment

wgrajcie sobie aplikacje market helper http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2146216 umożliwia zmianę urządzenia w sklepie play np. na samsung s5 i pobieranie wszystkich aplikacji .

Comment

Gearbest posted a link to new firmware from manufacturer.
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

Anyone could tell me how to upgrade to the new firmware? Thanks.
                        Last edited by wolfynwo; 06-01-2016, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                          Anyone could tell me how to upgrade to the new firmware? Thanks.
                          Don't bother trying to upgrade if your box is working. This was posted by floppymaster:

I just installed it, but it is a big disappointment.

First the installation process using the USB Burner Tool: You need a male USB to male USB cable. I experienced a lot of difficulties applying the patch. Luckily http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-16gb-recovery was quite accurate in describing how to flash. Make sure you have 2.0.7, it did not work with an earlier version for me. I needed to reconnect the device 3 times during the flash procedure due to errors which was very troubling, but in the end I had a 100% flash.

I had my hopes up but alas:
                          - Error messages about app crashes appearing when starting
                          - Still no top or bottom toolbars!!
                          - Very awkward default user interface.
                          - Google Play crashes when trying to search for something (while typeing the query).
                          - I can access my previously installed apps (from other devices) through Google play without it crashing, but when I try to install the ones of interest, I receive an error message stating that the application is not compatible, e.g. Netflix.
                          - There was no sound in Kodi or in Chrome. The only sound I heard was half of a notification sound for a new mail coming in. When opening the mail app I receive a warning message that Google Play services are not compatible with the device.

I wonder what issues have been addressed with this rom exactly... It is still unusable as far as I'm concerned.
                          Last edited by brakes; 06-01-2016, 16:42.

Comment

Thanks for info brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by brakes View Post

Don't bother trying to upgrade if your box is working. This was posted by floppymaster:

I just installed it, but it is a big disappointment.

First the installation process using the USB Burner Tool: You need a male USB to male USB cable. I experienced a lot of difficulties applying the patch. Luckily http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-16gb-recovery was quite accurate in describing how to flash. Make sure you have 2.0.7, it did not work with an earlier version for me. I needed to reconnect the device 3 times during the flash procedure due to errors which was very troubling, but in the end I had a 100% flash.

I had my hopes up but alas:
                              - Error messages about app crashes appearing when starting
                              - Still no top or bottom toolbars!!
                              - Very awkward default user interface.
                              - Google Play crashes when trying to search for something (while typeing the query).
                              - I can access my previously installed apps (from other devices) through Google play without it crashing, but when I try to install the ones of interest, I receive an error message stating that the application is not compatible, e.g. Netflix.
                              - There was no sound in Kodi or in Chrome. The only sound I heard was half of a notification sound for a new mail coming in. When opening the mail app I receive a warning message that Google Play services are not compatible with the device.

I wonder what issues have been addressed with this rom exactly... It is still unusable as far as I'm concerned.
                              I had google play crash too when searching for an app several times. I kept trying 5-6 times. later I tried again and noticed that Google Play had updated and was working fine. This one issue may resolve itself with a little time allowing it to update.

Comment

Hi Guys

Post issues with the firmware in the thread here so that even if manufacture doesnt provide fix Devs can see what issues are present and maybe it get resolved.
                                Post issues with latest Rom provided by Gear Best.
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X