X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good night scooter2014
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
      Funny, after the long, long wait, the box my Wife received yesterday has the reset button...lol. The stock firmware = Crap, Crap, Crap. Installed the SD Robot firmware and it's much better. She's not too pleased with Guest right now since the out of box experience has been nothing but bad because the box does not operate as advertised and does not meet all of the specs detailed on the Gearbest website. There is nothing worse than getting something new, connecting it and finding nothing but error messages and constant restarts. Gearbest support first told her a return would not be accepted because she took it out of the box and used it...lol, c'mon really. They act as though this is the first time they heard of troubles with this box, not even possible. She has been offered a partial refund to keep the box rather than return it to China. She's not sure yet, she might take advantage of the free Paypal return shipping program to send it back.

For those with boxes that have no reset button === Guest posted this helpful tutorial on how to use the USB burning tool without the reset button.
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...586#post577586
      I'm not sure what to tell you.. if you order a China box, then expect it's firmware to be a disaster, but because of communities such as freaktab, we can make them better.

I ordered mxq pro plus as well, and I will install openelec when I get it, because of know the default rom is bad.

If you want a box that is just connect it and everything works, then get a nvidia shield tv.. it might work perfectly, but it's no fun for the more tech minded people but for your wife, buy a apple TV or a nvidia shield tv.

Comment

Thank you very much imaddiced2u and kamacnik1

I've used USB burning tool with the most recent fw image "aml_upgrade_package0607" and everything was ok.

The MXQ pro+ box now works very fine, for my needs:
        - wifi > ok
        - playstore > ok, no more compatibility problem
        - kodi > disinstalled 16 alpha and installed 16.1 jarvis directly from playstore (perfect!). No more crash every little addon change.
        - bt > ok
        - remote control > ok, better than before
        - superuser appear in myapp

I use the box with a old crt tv set, so ...
        - AV out > ok
        - HDMI > I don't know

Really, thank you again

Comment

Furthermore...
          I found a way to really switch off the MXQ Pro+ without needing to unplug it.
          I knew that with a short press of the remote control power button, the box was on standby mode.
          But there is no physical button on the box.
          Instead with a long press of the power button of the remote control, the TV screen shows message "switch off?".
          Then, by pressing the "OK" button on the remote, the box start working for the shutdown and after about 10/15 seconds, it turns off completely.
          I do not know if it was with the previous fw, but certainly now does this.

Comment

Originally posted by pvdy View Post
            Furthermore...
            I found a way to really switch off the MXQ Pro+ without needing to unplug it.
            I knew that with a short press of the remote control power button, the box was on standby mode.
            But there is no physical button on the box.
            Instead with a long press of the power button of the remote control, the TV screen shows message "switch off?".
            Then, by pressing the "OK" button on the remote, the box start working for the shutdown and after about 10/15 seconds, it turns off completely.
            I do not know if it was with the previous fw, but certainly now does this.

Hi pvdy
            I Have the same TV Box (MXQPro+) And this option to turn it off is able now without flash with the firmware yet.

Guys ... is there any way to flash the ROM using the Upgrade/backup app ? I need something like that. I'm SuperUser now but i can't donwload from google play.
            I installed a lot of app using apk, the box dont do randoms reboot. The only problem is with google play. I like the box but I have the bug of incompatible apps with device.
            My brother bought the same box, he did a restore to the factory ROM and the problem was solved but my box didn't have the same luck.
            I want to use aml_upgrade_package0607 firmware.

Thanks!

Comment

Guys, I forget to ask:
              what should I do to see the notifications like its can be seen in a tablet or smartphone ?
              I Forced to stop the Launch app but it doesn't help.

Thanks !

Comment

This box is the same with ours? It has a nougat firmware https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-...rce=ShareAsale

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for MXQ PRO+ TV Box PC Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Jan 27, 2018 What’s your Reaction? +1 1 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

Comment

can i get access to the file please?

Comment

Working...
                  X