No announcement yet.

Q-Box updated firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They changed this back to 610 so no update really. Was for 8 gig device.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
      Has anyone seen pc firmware fir qbox ? All i can seem to find is sd card firmware. Need the stock to reflash device via burning tool
      scooter2014 did you ever find this firmware to flash back to stock, I want to give this box to someone in its original state if I could.

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. I think posted in geekbuying ad section. Ill look when i get a few minites. I have if i still cant find can upload it
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm so sorry to ask for help but I had to as I'm getting crazy trying to update my qbox.

Is anyone so kind to help me step by step in your spare time? There is something wrong I'm doing but I can't understand what.

I ​​​​​​don't have a twrp recovery. I'm going in the stock recovery mode with an app.
          I ​​​​​​put the update I found on Cgr website and I tried first putting the zip file on the card and after just unzipping the files on the card and no results.

It always ​​​​​​failed verification.

I tried with ​​​​​​the USB amlogic software but the box isn't recognised from the pc (window 10).

I'm so sorry to ask for help and I hate it but I don't know what else I can do.

Thank you in​​​​ advance for your help

Comment

Np provide the steps youve done.

Comment

Hi again, sorry for disturbing so i'm going to explain what I did. As I said i have no TWRP installed.

Before starting with everything I tried the OTA update installed in the box but no update was available even if a new update was online!

- downloaded the firmware from chinagadgetsreviews (zip file)
              - I run the recovery mode (using an app from the box)
              - I put the zip file in a formatted card but no results
              - I tried to unzip the files in the card and update from the recovery mode but again no results

during these two attempts I got always the "signature verification failed" error.

- After reading lots on internet I tried the USB amlogic burner tool but after all the procedure and after connecting via usb the box to my laptop (windows 10) I wans't able to start the update as no device was found in the usb burner tool.

Now I don't really know what to do next and I'm wondering if any of you would be so kind to help me.

Comment

So sorry i sent message and see now it didnt go.

Ok i had issues with Qbox as well.

In usb burning software is also Drivers.
                Make sure drivers installed.
                Then open burning tool
                Select firmware. (I suggest you download supercelerons firmware it for qbox best out right now.)
                Once firmware loads select start.
                Plug usb into ota port. (do not plug into pc yet)
                press and hold reset button.
                Plug into usb computer
                Firmware should start loading.
                If you get high temp error
                Add 10 degeees to tool settings and do all over from plug in usb to ota port.

Good luck let me know how you make out and again sorry for delay thought i had responded.

Regards.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help I'll try today and I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Hi again, I just want to let you all know that I've been able to install the superceleron!
                    I just have to say as someone else said before, the best USB burning tool has been the 2.0.5; thanks to this and your advices I've been able to get on with the flashing procedure.
                    I'm so surprised about the stability and smoothness of the superceleron! well done everyone and thank you so much for such a great rom!

Comment

Just got another one of these for the kids bedroom, flashed the superceleron rom and the wifi won't turn on. Looks like this is a new WiFi Chip, im attaching pics of the PCB. Still 905 on lolipop, not s905x which was my original fear.

Comment

Is this i new update ?????

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for Q-BOX 4K KODI Preinstalled Amlogic S905 TV Box  Uploaded on 20170121 Download Link  Uploaded on  20160614 Download Link  Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Best regards   Jun 14, 2016Jane What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

says it was uploaded today ?

Comment

Originally posted by savvymatthew View Post
                          Is this i new update ?????

Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for Q-BOX 4K KODI Preinstalled Amlogic S905 TV Box  Uploaded on 20170121 Download Link  Uploaded on  20160614 Download Link  Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Best regards   Jun 14, 2016Jane What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

says it was uploaded today ?
                          Yes....can anyone confirm if this legit?

Comment

Originally posted by jbond View Post

Yes....can anyone confirm if this legit?
                            It will be legit as its on the geekbuying blog unless they have had too many beers over the Chinese new year.

Blinky
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I assume these firmware would be installed using burning tool? Anyway to install directly on the box with sdcard?

Comment

Originally posted by thekider View Post
                                I assume these firmware would be installed using burning tool? Anyway to install directly on the box with sdcard?
                                I installed the 0614 using the SD card method

Comment

Working...
                                X