can't find firmware for recently purchased M9s.BCM4335.201604290819

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redhate View Post
    Hey guys this thread looks kind of old but others may be searching for information on the LEELBOX M9S hardware as well.

Here it goes, The leelbox M9S is a rebranded product, its actually a NEXBOX A1!!!

(PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING)

INSTALLING TWRP:

Here is a link to TWRP from this exact forum.

step 1 Copy the "TWRP_NexBox_A1.img" to the root of an sdcard and rename it to "recovery.img".
    step 2 insert the sdcard into the m9s tv box.
    step 3 insert a toothpick into the AV slot and press the recovery button while you insert the power cable, keep holding the toothpick in down on the recovery button in the AV slot until you see a TWRP screen show up.

Suggestion, make a backup of stock recovery paritition before you flash TWRP.

step 4 - OPTIONAL (for those who want a permanent solution) once twrp has loaded, click on "install" next it will give you a file browser that is looking for .img files. navigate to your sdcard and select "recovery.img" it will then ask you where it should be installed. select the recovery partition and slide the bar over to complete it. Yay now you've flashed twrp to your "leelbox m9s".

FIRMWARES:
    If you want to restore your device with the amlogic burn tool you will require the firmware for the NEXBOX A1 I currently dont have any links simply because I have not bothered to look but i would hazzard to guess that they can be found on this forum in the NEXBOX A1 area with all its tools.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion for people.
    How confident are you with this? I opened my "M9S" leelbox and it has an M8S stamp on it. I'm also pretty sure I have an S812 chip, not the S912.

Comment

Awe shucks buddy yeah mine is a s912 it's actually written on the board "amlogic a1_s912_ver3", leelbox is just other amlogic devices rebranded and stuck into a generic shitty black abs plastic case. you should be able to find out which other tv boxes use that identical board and just flash their roms and use their utilities. its not overly complex the big trick is figuring out which device yours really is. it should be written on your board somewhere. just peel the feet off the bottom of your box and then unscrew the casing and pry it apart gently dont worry you wont break it. once you have the top off you can inspect the pcb for its model # which will give you a major lead.
      Last edited by redhate; 01-20-2017, 23:33.

Comment

my abs plastic chassis is different but here is what MY board looks like:

Comment

Working...
        X