Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muljito
    replied
    Hello all, new here. I have this device and also have green and pink screen issue as earlier mentioned from other member.
    Does this new firmware update solve this issue?

Leave a comment:

• LostEchoes
    replied
    Originally posted by vinella View Post

thanks i installed this but it boots up as VONTAR??? now - is this the official version
    I haven't tried it.
    It supposedly is the official version (according to the Russian forum).
    If everything works then you have nothing to worry about.

p.s. Vontar Mini M8S II is the russian name that this box is sold with. Look at the link:

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/VONTA...692512229.html

Leave a comment:

• cjeman
    replied
    Yes. You will lose your data. When I find a mod that I want to try, I use ES File Manager to backup all my apps and I do a full Kodi backup to a USB stick of a NAS device.. I then recover my apps & Kodi after flashing the mod.

Leave a comment:

• paul22
    replied
    Hi,

I have one mini m8s II with the stock rom, I want to flash a modded rom but I want to do it via sd card, also if I install a modded rom I have to wipe all my data??
    I confused in all this topics and I can't find solutions.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• vinella
    replied
    Originally posted by LostEchoes View Post
    thanks i installed this but it boots up as VONTAR??? now - is this the official version

Leave a comment:

• LostEchoes
    replied
    Originally posted by vinella View Post
    hi, has anybody got an "update.zip" version of the latest official update_MINIM8SII_rv109 firmware that can be used with the standard update & backup tool
    You mean this one ?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56157206
    Last edited by LostEchoes; 02-13-2017, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• vinella
    replied
    hi, has anybody got an "update.zip" version of the latest official update_MINIM8SII_rv109 firmware that can be used with the standard update & backup tool

Leave a comment:

• red1928
    replied
    Originally posted by red1928
    My box was soft bricked out of the the packing. It was stuck on bootloader, I tried SD card zip but complained of errors. I then tried USB burning tool with image from XDA forums but gets stuck at 9%. I ordered 2gig version but according to box its the 1gig. I am now stuck at this point.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Here is the error that shows in burning tool. Err]--[0x30405004]UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error result. I have tried 2 different cables, I wonder if their is a different factory image for 1gb version.

Leave a comment:

• red1928
    replied
    My box was soft bricked out of the the packing. It was stuck on bootloader, I tried SD card zip but complained of errors. I then tried USB burning tool with image from XDA forums but gets stuck at 9%. I ordered 2gig version but according to box its the 1gig. I am now stuck at this point.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    Lost is an understatement.... More like being hunted like people running from 100000 zombies.

Leave a comment:

• Invisable
    replied
    Originally posted by txxx

OUCH... this is gonna make me crazy... I'm starting to wonder what's the best piece of hardware for these softwares... maybe it's too early and the technology will step up but now looks like only a windows pc can avoid problems over problems...

Yes I know, I'm new here and don't want to get a slapped wrist for going off topic, so this is the last post I'll make on this.. see post #950 - #955 on the kodi hyperlink I posted earlier for more details on refresh rate problems which is on all Android apps. Including Netflix.

I think it's a fair to say most of the manufacturers of these Chinese "unofficially licenced "Android boxes would be lost without forums like Freaktab, and custom Rom maker's.
    And thank goodness for LibreElec !

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Invisable; 02-07-2017, 22:22.

Leave a comment:

• Kuno
    replied
    If you absolutely positively need it, then spend the money and buy an Nvidia Shield. That is your only 100% guaranteed product that will do what you are asking. Your other options are the Mi Box if you buy it from Walmart USA and no where else, the Razor Forge which you can find on ****, the old Nexus player which you can find on ****. The problem with older boxes, is their HEVC support is non existent. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/c...rt_hd_netflix/

Without a doubt, the question I hear most often is whether Netflix HD Android TV boxes allow you to stream [...]

Netflix considers these Streaming Media Players to be only ones certified to play Netflix HD video:
    • Apple TV
    • Google Chromecast
    • Roku
    • Amazon Fire TV
    • Google Nexus Player
    • NVIDIA Shield

There’s also initial reports from CNX-Software that the new WeTek Core will be able to play Netflix HD video, but not 4K as of yet.
    If you’re looking for your favorite Android TV box on the Netflix HD Android TV list, don’t bother. Android TV boxes like the MINIX NEO U1 or Zidoo X1 don’t run the official Android TV OS, so Netflix doesn’t consider them in that category either.

They actually get lumped in to the tablet category, more often than not.

This article is from 2015, and sadly not much has changed. The Mi box from Walmart is an official box, with official Android TV and full HD support from netflix, but not 4k with surround sound.

https://devices.netflix.com/en/ hass the official list of supported boxes from netflix.

And if you don't see your device pictured here, https://www.android.com/tv/ then it is NOT an official box, and it is nothing more than a hack job, as literally almost every single one of the Chinese boxes are.

I hope this gives you the guidance and the answers you are looking for.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• txxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisable View Post

Having said this reading posts over at the kodi forums the xiaomi box's still have refresh rate problems when using Android kodi
    OUCH... this is gonna make me crazy... I'm starting to wonder what's the best piece of hardware for these softwares... maybe it's too early and the technology will step up but now looks like only a windows pc can avoid problems over problems...

Leave a comment:

• Invisable
    replied
    It would be nice to have a list! This may thread may help you a little, in my opinion the maker's of these boxes will tell you any old rubbish, however there are alot of posts to read through.

The community wiki page here..

currently there is only one listed compatible s905x device I'm not saying there's not more, but from reading various posts at the org it seems like this Xiaomi are pretty good at providing firmware updates and have been quick to put the newer Amlogic code (IEC61937 audio passthrough) back into Android Marshmallow which  normally is only available since Android Nougat.

Which is why I assume their box works with audio pass-through using Android MediaCodec on kodi 17.

Having said this reading posts over at the kodi forums the xiaomi box's still have refresh rate problems when using Android kodi

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Ok no problem, there is no list as far as I know.
    But you can take a look at Wetek Devices.
    They are able to provide you what you need.
    You can read what they offer on the site and also ask in there forum what DRM and sound they are support.

Regards
    Neomode

Leave a comment:

Working...
X