X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xannytech
    replied
    Originally posted by tosu View Post
    Problem Quasar addon. The cache folder can not be moved to sd or hhd. You do not have permissions to save cache in sd.
    (The addon downloads the video by torrent and at the same time wach it.)
    Yes it can be changed, if the location is this. "android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files" in the folder of the Sd or Usb HDD. In the root you can not, we do not have permissions.
    Just a fast suggestion... use Libreelec for that task, then if you need Android, reboot to Android, because probably i could modify permission by myself per app, but i don't need.
    But for you and what you want to archieve the best solution is libreelec. IMHO

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Problem Quasar addon. The cache folder can not be moved to sd or hhd. You do not have permissions to save cache in sd.
    (The addon downloads the video by torrent and at the same time wach it.)
    Yes it can be changed, if the location is this. "android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files" in the folder of the Sd or Usb HDD. In the root you can not, we do not have permissions.

-Micro sd it does NOT work. The download begins and after a few seconds or mega download is stopped. When canceling, it should delete the generated temporary file but do not erase it and occupy the space of the video. Do not have enough writing speed?, maybe it just keeps in memory? I do not know, maybe some caches or permissions for write of what I complain. But the file is there and it has been written even though it is not able to delete it
    The card I use is sandisk ultra 16gb class10 HC1. What card do I need? The system warns that this card is slow. If I use it as internal storage, Kodi becomes slow.

-But on a usb HDD(ntfs) it works great for watching videos at 720p, by the way! If the video is 1080p appear many lugges. You probably do not have enough speed to read and write at the same time. And if you cancel the video, Kodi or quasar erases it without problems, and the problem of permissions? I do not understand anything.

Summary, for micro sd does not work. For usb Hdd(ntfs) yes but only in 720p videos.

We will have to continue searching for solutions.

(Sorry for my English)
    Last edited by tosu; 11-14-2016, 19:25.

Leave a comment:

• nikits72
    replied
    Hi all,

how can i get in recovery mode since there is no "toothpick" hole?

I tried keeping the power button on remote control pressed but it just boot normally.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by ididmytime View Post

You'll need xposed installed and Marshmellow SD Fix write v2.0

Editing the platform will not work.
    In some forum they say that xposed has not worked and still can not write.
    But I do not want to install because I lose OTA, is it?

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

I just can explain you that before android L and then MM normally modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml did the trick, but teoretically, 6.01 should use packages.xml to add write permissions for app, but i did not dig into yet.
    It's a google choice, for security reason, it's not a bug, i dunno why a95x can write, if i got some free time i will try to look in a A95x ROM if could be useful.
    A95x in its version a95x s905x 2gb / 16gb. I read review that says that it reads and writes in sd and hdd in file system Ntfs, Fat32 and ExFAT. Also it is mentioned that it does not have the error "10mb" but I do not know what it is. And this box considers hdd as an sd and can be used as internal memory.

Leave a comment:

• ididmytime
    replied
    If someone knows who the manufacturer is or has their email address, they should send this request to you.
    Message to the manufacturer.
    We need in the next firmware update, have permissions to be able to write in SD or HDD.
    You'll need xposed installed and Marshmellow SD Fix write v2.0

Editing the platform will not work.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied

So does this solution work or not? have you tried it?
    There has to be a solution. For example the tv box a95x, yes it can. It also android 6.0 and s905x.
    I just can explain you that before android L and then MM normally modifying /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml did the trick, but teoretically, 6.01 should use packages.xml to add write permissions for app, but i did not dig into yet.
    It's a google choice, for security reason, it's not a bug, i dunno why a95x can write, if i got some free time i will try to look in a A95x ROM if could be useful.
    Last edited by Xannytech; 11-13-2016, 19:47.

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by vldim View Post
    in Android 6.0 not not working edit platform.xml
    But I have not tried.
    So does this solution work or not? have you tried it?
    There has to be a solution. For example the tv box a95x, yes it can. It also android 6.0 and s905x.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied
    But I have not tried.
    Seems odd but probably you're right

Leave a comment:

• vldim
    replied
    Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
    with Root Explorer or a similar app, edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
    But I have not tried.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied
    If someone knows who the manufacturer is or has their email address, they should send this request to you.
    We need in the next firmware update, have permissions to be able to write in SD or HDD.
    DIY:
    with Root Explorer or a similar app, edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

and modify or add if it's necessary:

Code:
        <permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
            <group gid="media_rw" />
            <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
        </permission>

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
            <group gid="media_rw" />
            <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
        </permission>
    Then save, reboot.

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• duwdu
    replied
    Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post

Thanks fella
    Enjoy.

P34c3

Leave a comment:

• Boosted7
    replied
    Hi there,

My friend just bought me this box. I hooked it up and Kodi and Youtube are working fine, however, I am not getting the quality on Youtube to display in 4k when watching some 4k content.

In the settings for the tv box, it is auto setting my display quality to 4k 60hz. I looked through all 38 pages, but I couldn't find an answer besides from other people asking about 4k Youtube.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• duwdu
    replied

Correct "Enter" with USB keyboard

system / usr / keylayout

in file Generic.kl change line 28 to a value ENTER
    This has been an elegantly perfect solution, vldim, thank you.

P34c3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X