• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kwapster
    does this work on S905X MINIMXIII II?
    I do not think it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaudi View Post

I do not think it would.
      is the wifi speed really increased by using this firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob007

thanks for the info I think I will wait to see if the version 10 of Minix U1 firmware is ported to Mini MX
        Any luck with the search?
        Am willing to research and check how to port myself, but am lacking the original Minix firmware FW009. Minix has replaced it for FW009A.

Comment

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...-text=&act=url

Minix U1 v10 might get ported eventually but it doesn't look like it'll happen soon =\

I'm sure the process must be more complicated than opening up the Minux v10 firmware in the Amlogic Customisation Tool.
          Adding/changing a few files (like WiFi drivers from Neo v9 port) and repacking.
          I wouldn't want to end up with a brick.

I'm hoping to see a combined Lakka + LibreELEC release bootable from microSD.

As well as support for Amlogic S905 + drivers in the linux kernel which should allow for updating to Linux/Android 7.x+ and beyond.
          These S905 boxes are great for the price.

In a few years time once these boxes gain more substantial GPU power (Vulcan, DX12, etc) and can emulate Wii level games (> Mali-T880, Mali G1) I'll be able to scrap my desktop for a small box!
          There's lots of newer emulators in progress already like Cemu (WiiU), Citra (3DS), Xenia (Xbox360), etc
          But most require OpenGL ES 4+

That's the future I think - one small box that does everything!
          I don't think the upcoming Rockchip will have enough grunt.
          Last edited by mwnn; 11-02-2016, 14:34.

Comment

Just wanted to say that this rom is great for Beelink mini MXIII, everything works, very fast boot and most important for me - app swithing works great oposite of stock beelink firmware which loads every app from begining. Only downside of this rom is that it's not rooted, but it can be done via recovery and once you are rooted you can install TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by pospankozg View Post
              Just wanted to say that this rom is great for Beelink mini MXIII, everything works, very fast boot and most important for me - app swithing works great oposite of stock beelink firmware which loads every app from begining. Only downside of this rom is that it's not rooted, but it can be done via recovery and once you are rooted you can install TWRP.
              any idea how to install using sd card... i dont have male male usb
              MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post

any idea how to install using sd card... i dont have male male usb
                As I know, NO. Img file can only be flashed via USB burning tool, and yet you need male-male usb for that...

Comment

Originally posted by pospankozg View Post

As I know, NO. Img file can only be flashed via USB burning tool, and yet you need male-male usb for that...
                  How about 2.4 Ghz wifi signal any good compare previous firmware

Comment

Originally posted by KAA

How about 2.4 Ghz wifi signal any good compare previous firmware
                    I have not tested as I use ethernet, but read comments that is is fairly better.

Comment

WiFi speeds seem to be capped at around 20Mb (2.5MB/sec~)

That's with the router upstairs in the front bedroom with the box downstairs at the rear of the lounge below the TV.

At least 18 feet away diagonally passing through a solid plastered wall, plastered lath ceiling, furniture, etc. (No cheap plasterboard here!)

This seems to be a limitation of the Realtek WiFi chip:
                      https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Realtek_RT...miniCard_(HMC)

Possibly slightly disingenuous to class it as Wireless N seeing as it's 1x1 but it does state 29Mbps on the site:
                      http://www.bee-link.com.img.800cdn.c...2zhu77c27c.jpg

Overall I think it's quite decent given the tiny dimensions of the box, the price and the fact it has no antenna.

My old Galaxy S2 scores exactly the same WiFi speed with Speed Test.

Using my ASUS N66U as a repeater on a 200Mb connection (100Mb~ Link Rate)

It's still a massive improvement over the 8Mb (800KB/sec) from only 3 feet away with the stock firmware.

Gigabit Ethernet is always there for anything quicker; can always combine your main router with power line adapters / repeater / media bridge.

A USB 2.0 A Male to A Male cable can be had for as little as £1 so there's no reason to not get one.

It could get you out of a mess if the box goes pear shaped.

Have a watch of this video first:
                      Beelink MiniMXIII Firmware Download--1000Mbps / LANhttps://mega.nz/#F!M9FxDJZY!Qyf61LTqgARUUaW9k2bB7AAmlogic Chip Firmware Update Tool:https://mega.nz/#F!o1U...
                      Last edited by mwnn; 11-28-2016, 11:20.

Comment

deffinetly Thank you for your assistance dommels. i installed beelink 107 rom to my mini mxiii and nothing works good. fw009 is the best rom i used. fw010 has some issues. i've written on its subject. i am waiting for your future help.

Comment

Originally posted by mwnn View Post
                          WiFi speeds seem to be capped at around 20Mb (2.5MB/sec~)

That's with the router upstairs in the front bedroom with the box downstairs at the rear of the lounge below the TV.

At least 18 feet away diagonally passing through a solid plastered wall, plastered lath ceiling, furniture, etc. (No cheap plasterboard here!)

This seems to be a limitation of the Realtek WiFi chip:
                          https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Realtek_RT...miniCard_(HMC)

Possibly slightly disingenuous to class it as Wireless N seeing as it's 1x1 but it does state 29Mbps on the site:
                          http://www.bee-link.com.img.800cdn.c...2zhu77c27c.jpg

Overall I think it's quite decent given the tiny dimensions of the box, the price and the fact it has no antenna.

My old Galaxy S2 scores exactly the same WiFi speed with Speed Test.

Using my ASUS N66U as a repeater on a 200Mb connection (100Mb~ Link Rate)

It's still a massive improvement over the 8Mb (800KB/sec) from only 3 feet away with the stock firmware.

Gigabit Ethernet is always there for anything quicker; can always combine your main router with power line adapters / repeater / media bridge.

A USB 2.0 A Male to A Male cable can be had for as little as £1 so there's no reason to not get one.

It could get you out of a mess if the box goes pear shaped.

Have a watch of this video first:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8chkgcfcwQ
                          My male to male USB is on the way from gearbest cannot wait to flash this firmware ..😁😁😁

Comment

try to flash using sdcard..press and hold reset button and power on........not work
                            now my box cannot on.. plug cable no blue light on the box and no signal on monitor
                            can it on thru usb male to male

Comment

excellent result.. wifi working with maximum speed
                              rom read and write 75/35 previous 50/20

one thing i dont like cursor to big (im using 24 in monitor) any idea how to make it smaller

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post
                                one thing i dont like cursor to big (im using 24 in monitor) any idea how to make it smaller
                                Cursor is decreased in FW009a. You could try this ROM based on FW010
                                Last edited by dommels; 12-18-2016, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X