Modifying Kernel Tronsmart Vega Pro Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Kernel Tronsmart Vega Pro Image

Hi, I'm working with the Tronsmart Vega Pro image in a MXplus box. I'm trying to built in the vlan module to the kernel. Here is what I've done:

- I'have the Vega S95_Pro_p200-201604140554 image (not rooted by default)

- I dowloaded the kernel source (arm-src-kernel-2016-05-04-bd1ff1c1cd) from the amlogic site : http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/ARM/kernel/

- I rebuild the kernel adding the last mali drivers (from amlogic site also) in order to generate the mali.ko module.

- I generate the kernel Image: Image.lzo

- I replaced the uImage file at "kernel" and "recovery " folders withe the image.lzo and the mali.ko in the Vega S95_Pro image

- I repack the image and flash it with the Amlogic USB_burning_Tool.

Result: Black screen

I did this procedure for a kit-kat S805 box sucessfully.

I've tried this with an Android 5.1 Tronsmart image with a S812 MXIII box with the same result but in that case I was able to get the adb connection and logs and I saw that the kernel was loaded but there were some errors related to the user and kernel side mali drivers. I couldn't get the most recents mali drivers to compile for this box though.

I'have no adb connection with this ega S95_Pro image (rooted with EZ Root zip) The box It's just recognized in my windows 7 PC before Android starts.

Have anyone tried this before. Just to modify the kernel and reflash the image?
    Am I missing something drivers or boot related?
    Do yo get adb connection for this image?

Thank you.

I'm not an expert in Android, I could be wrong.

IMHO maybe you should try to go from "simple to complex". In the beginning only to build a new kernel, or anything in it not changing. To try his work. If it will work, you can go further, change the settings and add the new driver. Do I understand correctly that You have no console UART on this device ?
    What will be the result if you try to run command in terminal ?
    cat /proc/config.gz > conf.txt

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I've made it work. It was indeed the mismatch between the mail client and kernel side API versions. I compiled the correspondent mali drivers and it works. I also included some new modules to the kernel. Now I have some problem compiling the wifi driver. if someone has already done that for the Vega S95 Pro I would appreciate some inputs. Thank you.

Comment

Hello. I am hoping that with your experience you can help me. I need to build some kernel modules so my Telos box can use some USB->Serial converters. I found some source code for the kernel and tried to build the modules. I get clean compiles but trying to load them results in a crash and I have no more info. I am suspecting that my kernel config is not quite right. Can you possibly let me know which kernel source and config got you a working kernel? I could compare that with what I have now and maybe find out what is wrong. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X