No announcement yet.

SCISHION V88 RK3229 4K Android 5.1 KODI TV BOX 1G/8G WIFI LAN Dolby DTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought one of these from Gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_921416.html), they are marketed using V88 Mars, but seem to be the same... but for my unlucky fortune, the frickin' box comes with android 7.1 and NO ROOT access. Meaning:
    FTMC + Hardware acceleration = Nope! Error! Go Away!
    So... No HD films for this one...
    Wireless update shows it's in latest version, so that's a no go.
    Anyone knows how to root this so that one can activate the needed libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
      I have also a few of this Scishion V88 Boxes, and I can reflash it with FW posted on this page, and many others... but they work about 2-3 days and after few reboots they hangs on boot screen with Android sign..., so.., does somebody know the cure for this....or trash can is inevitable...
      i had the exact issue every three days stuck on android boot logo or when it boots, after many restart tries, google play services , google play store , calendar crashes even its disabled ! flashed another rom found here and i will test it and i will inform for the final results.

Comment

Originally posted by MDashK View Post
        I just bought one of these from Gearbest (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_921416.html), they are marketed using V88 Mars, but seem to be the same... but for my unlucky fortune, the frickin' box comes with android 7.1 and NO ROOT access. Meaning:
        FTMC + Hardware acceleration = Nope! Error! Go Away!
        So... No HD films for this one...
        Wireless update shows it's in latest version, so that's a no go.
        Anyone knows how to root this so that one can activate the needed libraries?
        There is no wireless update for this crap. With the sane money you should have bought a s905w box.
        Just try to flash another rom or throw it to the garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

There is no wireless update for this crap. With the sane money you should have bought a s905w box.
          Just try to flash another rom or throw it to the garbage!
          Oddly enough, the wireless update IS present. Only hidden. One has to go to the settings and there the wireless update is there and works. But no update exists... So no root...
          Also, for some reason, the box comes with a build of RKMC that I can't see around the web... a build from october 2017 if not mistaken?
          Hardware acceleration for FTMC doesn't work, but using RKMC, with mediacodec hardware enabled, the box seems to play 1080p films OK. But I can't be sure if RKMC is using hardware accel. or not...

Comment

hello please someone knows how to activate accessibility options in android 6.0 marshmallow in a tv box with rk3229 and SV6051P wifiChip.

I want to use the buttons remaper application to remap buttons on my remote control but in the accessibility services option it says "there are no accessibility services".

in another rom of android 5 if they appear but in the 6 no longer probe with several rom of android 6 and do not have the option

Comment

Could you help me how can i root my Scishion V88 tv box? I want a fix mac address. After restart has it another one.
              I tried the kingoroot and kingroot apk yet. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oceflat View Post

I tried it as well bro :/

====
                - Touching all pins mentioned (5-6, 6-7, 7-8, 29-30) counting from the printed dot on NAND IC, then connecting the USB, while keeping the pins touched for a couple of seconds.
                - Tried most of the above as well (if i am not mistaken at least, i have no info on which is the right combination for this NAND), while keeping the reset pressed and then plugging USB, no change either.
                Hello friend, Could you solve the problem?
                ​​​​​​

Comment

hello, I have a problem with this box, I do not work wifi does not search the network as if the wifi network card was turned off constantly charging what to do with it, the cable works well

Comment

I got this from gearbest with android 6.0 on it, if you reset it you'd get stuck in a boot loop but factory resetting it would fix it.It got stuck again and I updated to nougat with this rom rk3229_7.1_box_MX4VB_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20171209.img and its stuck in a boot loop even after doing a factory reset.

Comment

FriskyDIngo so uploading a new software will help me with wifi?

Comment

Originally posted by FriskyDingo View Post
                        I got this from gearbest with android 6.0 on it, if you reset it you'd get stuck in a boot loop but factory resetting it would fix it.It got stuck again and I updated to nougat with this rom rk3229_7.1_box_MX4VB_SSV6051p_SpecTek_flash-update_20171209.img and its stuck in a boot loop even after doing a factory reset.
                        Maybe you got a wrong img for the device, i don't think that there is a nougat rom for v88 devices

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Maybe you got a wrong img for the device, i don't think that there is a nougat rom for v88 devices
                          Thats what was wrong, I got out my male-male usb cable and reloaded the marshmallow image and its back to business.

Comment

Thats what was wrong, I got out my male-male usb cable and reloaded the marshmallow image and its back to business.
                            Glad you got it, at the moment i am not using this anymore but i was using a Android TV version for this box, totaly worth checking out, i found it better than official stock released, i can't link you to it sorry, its called V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405Rev1 look for it in this forum i can't remember exactly where i found it but it must be here somewhere, anyways if you cant find it i still got it in the cloud should you wanna give it a go...

Comment

Originally posted by hcardoso483 View Post

Glad you got it, at the moment i am not using this anymore but i was using a Android TV version for this box, totaly worth checking out, i found it better than official stock released, i can't link you to it sorry, its called V88_MA8-4K_ATV_rk3229_SV6051_6.0.1_MXC89L_20170405Rev1 look for it in this forum i can't remember exactly where i found it but it must be here somewhere, anyways if you cant find it i still got it in the cloud should you wanna give it a go...
                              Im interested but what are the differences between the stock 'tablet' rom and Android TV?

Comment

Im interested but what are the differences between the stock 'tablet' rom and Android TV?
                                Functionality, Tablet ui is intended for interaction with touch screen a small display and small speakers, android tv is optimized for use with ether ir or Bluetooth remote control and is also optimized for tv display and sound, the playstore is a bit limited but you can sideload any app on the full version of playstore i recomend the use of aptoid tv app for any app you may need that you cant find on playstore, i have the 1gb version of the v88 and with that rom it became a lot more snappy and responsive that before, i ordered a 2gb version but it arrived broken so i never got the chance to try it on that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X