strange case of classic m8s s812 with amlogic s802b inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I can do this if it help reviving the box with android but i am not interested in openelec (kodi)unless i am wrong
    Thanks for your patience

Comment

is not openelec .see post

Originally posted by tani666 View Post
      I have found whay you have this problem with booting from sd card using u-boot and i have the solution.The zip rom M8S+-ota-20151216.zip that you have flashed contain bootloader.img .When you flash the zip you flash the bootloader.img who is u-boot.bin (you must read forums to understand that is the same file).The u-boot from zip is not the right u-boot from you android box.

What is the solution

1-Download bootloader.img from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/y55dfebz1m...oader.img?dl=0

2-Open M8S+-ota-20151216.zip archive but dont extract the files only drag and drop with mouse bootloader.img that you have downloaded from dropbox to bootloader.img that you see in opened M8S+-ota-20151216.zip.You will see the mesage to replace the file.Select yes to all and after transfer and replace close the winrar.

3-Use the same procedure that i have posted(post #23 2 days ago)

but use M8S+-ota-20151216.zip that you have puted bootloader.img.Use the toothpick method.I think that this time the android os will boot without sd card

Comment

the post is to fix u-boot problem .This post is to install the android that you have but fix u-boot problem

Comment

Sorry been confused between posts i am giving i try right now will let know

Comment

Hi
            No luck with this bootloader i did exactely what you said but setup aborted "failed to verify signature" i retry with original one its ok maybe wrong bootloader
            Look my friend if there is a hope ethernet will work lets dig if not i dont want you loose your time
            You are the best

Comment

maybe is becouse i have open with notepad ++ and some thing was changed during saving uboot to bootloader.img

Try this zip to flash with toothpick method https://mega.nz/#!CkgRHJiD!bEq0w3ExY...4EtY1KRAxd3rYc

Comment

Sd card method failed with last post

Comment

ok.i will made later some modification on M8S+-ota-20151216.zip.i will try to change bootloader.img code without demagin the zip.i will upload new M8S+ ota zip.I think that moded zip will be flashed without signature error or other error

Comment

This is my last post to fix u-boot problem.

1-Download this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...p=docslist_api

2-Unzipe the rar file that you have downloaded and put all file to sd card

3-Put the sd card on android box and use toothpick method.

Post the result here
                    Last edited by tani666; 08-29-2016, 18:58.

Comment

hi friend
                      unfortunately failed too (failed to verify signature..) you know what forget it i am really sorry to waste your time
                      have no more way to say thank you

Comment

Originally posted by guslord View Post
                        hello every one
                        its been a month looking for a firmware to my bricked m8s s812 (supposed) i found nothing that work for me, i join pic of the box it will say a lot than me
                        please help at least seems box not dead, connect success with pc and usb burning tool, it a bit weird inside i have s802b amlogic, wifi ap6330 ..........
                        found once an img for bcm4335 worked without wifi but i need wifi
                        thanks in advance
                        Remote with 4 colorful buttons on top

first post so apologize if did something incorrect
                        I have the exact same box, and I bricked it, I got it back using a twrp backup I had made before trying to update it. If you're still trying to fix this I can upload my backup and the twrp img I used to restore it. Also, I'm still trying to update this thing with no success so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X