No announcement yet.

Acemax M12N Modded ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bluesmanuk for creating this ROM!

I manage to burn it to the nexbox A1 using USB Burning tool and the image got loaded fine; however been your wifi drivers different than nexbox's one I got stuck at the initial setup as it requires a wifi connection.
    Ok so i opened your ROM withthe amlogic customization tool and replaced your wifi, bluetooth folders and the remote file (all the /etc folder) with the ones included in the nexbox, repacked and tried to flash the image using USB burning tool - it should work right? Instead it didn't, it allways gets stuck at 98% with the error: UBOOT/Partition boot/Initialize partition/Error result.
    I tried to change the options in the USB Burning tool to erase flash and bootloader but it didn't make any difference.

I read the instructions here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/08/...x-s905-tv-box/
    and I thought it would be a simple job...

I am new to the game so I am sure I am missing something basic here :-(

Comment

I've not come across this specific error but perhaps try/check the following.

1. Use a USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0
      2. Don't use a USB hub to flash.
      3. Unplug the HDMI cable when flashing.
      4. Unplug any other devices (flash drive, sd card, hard drive etc)
      5. Check that the new firmware is not vastly different in size to mine or more then 1.1Gb in size.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        I've not come across this specific error but perhaps try/check the following.

1. Use a USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0
        2. Don't use a USB hub to flash.
        3. Unplug the HDMI cable when flashing.
        4. Unplug any other devices (flash drive, sd card, hard drive etc)
        5. Check that the new firmware is not vastly different in size to mine or more then 1.1Gb in size.
        thanks, I managed to flash other ROMs so it should not be a problem with the USB port or cable , I will try again tonight perhaps doing less changes. I compared the level 1 files and they are all different between the nexbox rom and yours, I always assumed that most of the stuff would be the same (especially the boot one) apart from the system partition - it looks like i need to do some more study to understand the amlogic filesystem structure (feel free to share some good links if you have any).
        Cheers

Comment

I installed both of ur Roms on my Acemax. There is an issue so far. When I connect a mcroSD card it works perfectly. But when I connect an USB pen drive, it doesnt recognize them. any help?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeauto View Post
            I installed both of ur Roms on my Acemax. There is an issue so far. When I connect a mcroSD card it works perfectly. But when I connect an USB pen drive, it doesnt recognize them. any help?
            What is the flash drive formatted as?

NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT?

Comment

Mine working with usb, but es explorer making it complicated somtime, dont check es explorer "make it as default usb".

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                Mine working with usb, but es explorer making it complicated somtime, dont check es explorer "make it as default usb".
                That is one of ES File Explorers annoying little things but the notification can be turned off within the app settings.

Comment

Theres a new firmware update for m12n, any plans to update this amazing rom? I love this rom bec. its simple and closest to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by blyx21 View Post
                    Theres a new firmware update for m12n, any plans to update this amazing rom? I love this rom bec. its simple and closest to stock.
                    New firmware update from ACEMAX:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...61109-released

Comment

Originally posted by electron45 View Post
                      yes but i like the one with notification and navi bar

Comment

I have installed all your MODs. Thank you. It speeded up my M12N to its full potential and it corrected autorotation to horizontal view of some downloaded and installed apps.
                        I do have one problem. When I start up system after for about ten seconds it always automatically change English language to South Korean, so I always need to manually correct to English. Do you have some patch or advice how to correct it? Acemax support did not provided the answer. I have downloaded some firmware from their official site and it crashed my M12N.

If I have not encountered you, my system would still be crashed.

Thank you!

Regards,
                        Zlatan

Comment

Originally posted by Zlatan View Post
                          I have installed all your MODs. Thank you. It speeded up my M12N to its full potential and it corrected autorotation to horizontal view of some downloaded and installed apps.
                          I do have one problem. When I start up system after for about ten seconds it always automatically change English language to South Korean, so I always need to manually correct to English. Do you have some patch or advice how to correct it? Acemax support did not provided the answer. I have downloaded some firmware from their official site and it crashed my M12N.

If I have not encountered you, my system would still be crashed.

Thank you!

Regards,
                          Zlatan
                          I have not come across that problem myself but I have seen a thread or two about this happening with other boxes, so will have to dig around to see if I can find them.

A quick Google search produced this, that may be worth a quick read in the mean time.

Comment

Thanks bluesmanuk.

Regards,
                            Zlatan

Comment

To your attention bluesmanuk i think this is going to interest you

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

bluesmanuk, i believe you will like this, i got a working room with android 7.1 for our box but i run in to a problem i can't get the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work, wold you like to help me out to make this work?

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X