Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink MXIII-II TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2/16GB, Dual WiFi, 10/100 Lan BT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post

If you are too far out of date it won't let you do OTA.

You will need a male to male usb cable and flash the firmware ending in 04 using burning tool, you will then be able to do the 3-4 OTA's after that - links are all on beelinks forum thread about it.

Stuff that annoys me so far about the s905x:

Not possible to write to HDD (fixed with xposed and mm sd fix v2)
    No automatic framerate switch for Kodi
    Kodi will flat out crash after watching a video if amcodec is selected for hardware accelerated.
    Nag screen on boot about a USD hard drive being connected.
    Brightness bug (screen is dark until you play a 4k video, then it will return to normal until reboot)
    LibreElec atm is sketchy with the wifi chipset

I can see it getting some love at some point, but like all new SOC's this has a host of problems.
    Thanks, somehow the OTA applied after some three attempts, don't know what I did exactly, the onyl change was I donwloaded it via wifi, not ethernet as in previous attempts...

You said:

Not possible to write to HDD (fixed with xposed and mm sd fix v2) - CHECK

No automatic framerate switch for Kodi - THERE IS, IN LIBREELEC!

Kodi will flat out crash after watching a video if amcodec is selected for hardware accelerated. - NOT FOR ME SO FAR BUT, INDEED, AMCODEC IS REQUIRED FOR PROPER DEINTERLACE IN KODI

Nag screen on boot about a USD hard drive being connected. - CHECK - BUT IS SEEMS TO BE A MARSHMALLOW THING

Brightness bug (screen is dark until you play a 4k video, then it will return to normal until reboot) - NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT - CHECK! - IN LIBREELEC AS WELL, BUT EVEN REGULAR FHD VIDEO FIXES IT FOR ME

LibreElec atm is sketchy with the wifi chipset - YES, HOPE THEY WORK ON IT SOME MORE

Yeah I also hoped I would avoid the quirks I had with a rk3229 box if I payed some more for a "semi-known" brand, but noooo...this box is basically smoother but unfinished in video playback terms...at least I do get BT.2020 metadata sent to my UHD TV for properly-looking colors (unlike rk3229), even if HDR is broken...

Comment

Does anyone know why I can't conclude my registration on beelink's forum? I'm supposed to receive a verification email and I never got one ever after repeated resends ...? Admins don't care I contacted them as well...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Comment

What wi fi chip have?

Comment

Excess post

Comment

Originally posted by gale
            What wi fi chip have?
            Aigale... You can see it on pictures at the beginning of the thread

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Usually it AP6212 or something like that. The mini m8sII s905x is AP6212A and I wanted to install the firmware from the mxIII II to m8sII .The first time I meet with these wi fi chip.

Comment

Originally posted by gale View Post
                Yes. Usually it AP6212 or something like that. The mini m8sII s905x is AP6212A and I wanted to install the firmware from the mxIII II to m8sII .The first time I meet with these wi fi chip.
                yes... in the mini m8s II they changed wifi chip to A version... fu%$#g idiots... so all the firmware is incompatibile with this shitty box. Rom from Tanix TX5 (non pro) was best of the best... so now is incompatibile...

Never buy this shitty mini m8s

Comment

This box has now been sent back and has joined my retired list (to be honest I wanted the MXIII from the start but the seller sent the latest revision).

Cannot recommend at all until major work has been completed, it certainly won't be coming from Beelink though.
                  Currently Using:
                  2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                  Retired Devices:
                  MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Can someone pls tell install procedure for mxiii ii root and xposed? Xposed version?

Comment

Also i got this wired prob. My extrnal hdd was working fine. I then inserted a sdcard and now it shows as corrupt. I tried reformating and checking in Windows as exfat ntfs but it won't work. Only works when it's formated in android as fat32 which doesn't suit my needs. Other ntfs drives work.?

Comment

bump

Comment

Hello Guys,

I am planning to buy Beelink MINI MXIII II TV from Gearbest but I see that a lot of people have issues with WiFi.

Are you aware of this problem? Is it related to 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz or both?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

I have that box and wifi works fine for a couple of builds already.
                            On LibreElec 8.0 Beta community builds from kszaq
                            You can find those here.

Greetz.

Comment

Working...
                            X