K-R42 Kingnovel Android TV Box Rooted 4.2.2 Stock Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankie321 View Post
    does that mean i have to rename the rooted 4.2.2 stock firmware?
    when i try to extract the img file it says the file is corrupt and cannot be opened. cna you direct me to to the instructions on how to flash the rom and increase internal storage? process was fairly simple on my Tronsmart T428. Thanks

Comment

to extract you will need wendal tools (google it).
      Its not easy to do what you trying to do.
      You can start lerning and give it a go but i think it will be faster if you just wait couple days.
      But its your choice
      Serch forum i saw somwere here bobs tutorial about unpacking a rom and ediing parameters.
      Everything is possible if we work together!
      ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
        to extract you will need wendal tools (google it).
        Its not easy to do what you trying to do.
        You can start lerning and give it a go but i think it will be faster if you just wait couple days.
        But its your choice
        Serch forum i saw somwere here bobs tutorial about unpacking a rom and ediing parameters.
        I think its a good idea if its a matter of days for a fix to wait, so you figure they will have a rom which enables us to increase internal storage size too?

Comment

Not they:P
          I will make it for you but first i need to get the device
          It should take 3/4 more days i think:"
          ApkFreak

Comment

great i buy k-r42 from geekbuying, and a request a sub-forum for k-r42 plz

Comment

Originally posted by badskills View Post
              great i buy k-r42 from geekbuying, and a request a sub-forum for k-r42 plz
              All right! Glad to hear that more people are buying this great box.
              Tomorrow i'll get a usb/microusb cable to start playing with it.

yes a sub-forum for K-R42 / CS918 / MK888 / Jesurun DX05 might be a good idea as it seems that all these boxes are the same. Perhaps some day....
              Last edited by psychorat; 07-18-2013, 03:15. Reason: correction
              Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Originally posted by psychorat View Post
                All right! Glad to hear that more people are buying this great box.
                Tomorrow i'll get a usb/microusb cable to start playing with it.

yes a sub-forum for K-R42 / CS918 / MK888 / Jesurun DX05 might be a good idea as it seems that all these boxes are the same. Perhaps some day....
                Yeah a subforum for these would be awesome.

Bought 2 of them too...to bad it was before Geekbuying lowered the price

Hope to get mine soon too.

Oh and I hope Geekbuying tells the manufactureres not to change to much with the upcomming Bluetooth Version (Like choosing a differend wifi chip or something like that)...cause we don't need more fragmentation.

Greets.

Oh and a 1080p Kernel would be awesome too.

Comment

Geekbuying can help, but he has not so much power to make the factory choose a specific wifi chip or other one.

Seems a great device, I dont use BT in my sticks so if someone can send a dmesg file i can try to compile a custom kernel to it, with a little extra features.

To obtain dmesg install from market terminal emulator and write:
                  Code:
                  su
                  dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
                  In your internal sdcard must be a file called dmesg.txt, upload it.

Thanks
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    Geekbuying can help, but he has not so much power to make the factory choose a specific wifi chip or other one.

Seems a great device, I dont use BT in my sticks so if someone can send a dmesg file i can try to compile a custom kernel to it, with a little extra features.

To obtain dmesg install from market terminal emulator and write:
                    Code:
                    su
                    dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
                    In your internal sdcard must be a file called dmesg.txt, upload it.

Thanks
                    I tried to connect the device with my computer using 3 different MicroUSB cables but nothing happens. (USB male to USB male, then USB female to MicroUSB all brand new on Windows 7 32bit.)

i have USB debugging ON in dev settings and "Connect to PC" enabled in USB settings.

I can only enter in recovery mode by pressing the recovery button once. I can't figure if its a cable issue or the device.

No root for today but I will get a one-piece USB to Microusb tomorrow and try again in linux too...
                    Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

hey leo here is the dmesg:
                      ApkFreak

Comment

AW: K-R42 Kingnovel Android TV Box Rooted 4.2.2 Stock Firmware

I have great a Sub forum for your devices.
                        Will move the thread there of it is OK.

NEOMODE

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

sure.
                          move it, i dont mind
                          ApkFreak

Comment

k-r42 wifi

This k-r 42 is my replacement of t-428 which wifi drops called them I think I speak to Molly which can't understand English give me a lot off problems in exchange this k-r42 and still WiFi drops I'm stopping buying their products

Comment

Working...
                            X