Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. The image can be recorded on media from 4 GB. The biggest release of Ubuntu-Mate takes on the media about 2.7 GB (server images occupy significantly less space). I mean, what is this, the very large volume of system (Mate), you can install and version TV boxes with 8 GB of internal storage (eMMC or NAND). By the way, with internal memory and 1 GB of RAM, the system works surprisingly fast.

Comment

Nice... Maybe we do a post showing process. 1/2/3 ect outlining steps to get both installed for duel on 8 gig device. I have vim 2/8 dont have any 1/8 any more.

Great progress....
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

The installation process Armbian the internal memory is the same for 8 GB and 16 GB of internal memory. There just do not big difference to create a backup for eMMC and NAND. 1. For eMMC use the script dd_backup_x (which creates a full copy of all memory eMMC). By the way, in all subsequent images, to simplify entering the command, the command will create a backup of the eMMC changes dd_backup_x in ddbr. 2. To create a backup of the two partitions (boot and data), before installing Armbian in the internal NAND, it uses two script - ddbr_backup_nand and ddbr_restore_nand.

Comment

Compiled a test version of Ubuntu server-4.9. Want to try - website catalog test\4.9 . Note that you need to download another dtb file and add the media with the name of the dtb.img. Monitor not working yet, but you can connect over the network via SSH or through the console UART. I checked the work on s905x, the network is working SSH, you can manage the system.

Comment

Hello. Is there any help doc with how to? I want to install it on internal flash of my MXQ Pro + 16GB,, 2GB RAM, 1G LAN, but don't know what to do with those two scripts. I can boot Armbian from the USB or SD, but how to "put" a system to internal storage?
            Thank you.

Comment

@Saani
              It's all there in this thread:
              https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x/&page=21#comment-27481

Comment

Thank you. I already know also this thread, but i'll show again, it "have to work"!

Comment

Perform a backup of the emmc memory with the dd_backup_x script, which should make it safe to use the install.sh script. The scripts have been present in balbes150's later images, in /usr/bin and /root, respectively.

If in doubt, ask for clarification in the thread I'd mentioned above.

Comment

Yeah, success! I just ran ./install.sh script as discribed in this post:

Thx Shimon , thx balbes150

Comment

unfortunately the dropbox links are not active any more. is there a mirror / archive somewhere please?

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post

unfortunately the dropbox links are not active any more. is there a mirror / archive somewhere please?
                        The scripts are already included in the images distributed by balbes150, did you miss post #98?

Comment

ver 20170421

details can be seen here

Comment

Working...
                          X