Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTAB8000 Rooted Rom with Google Play Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTAB8000 Rooted Rom with Google Play Store?

Hi Everyone,
    Have searched everywhere for a rooted rom with google play store for the Polaroid PTAB8000 8inch tablet but no luck. Assume either not availble or just not a popular tablet? Or other roms here for Polaroid tabs might be compatible?

I have a PTAB8000 Rooted and with Playstore.... Took no time to do either.

Basically the steps I took was I went to the vendor support website for the tablet and downloaded "PTAB8000_Firmware_SD_OTAv2.zip" (about 140mb).... Flash your tablet with this.

Then do a google for "PolaroidAIOv2.1b" its a custom program a developer made to root the device. I will say however that after running the program, everything worked and all steps were performed in the program; however at the end it said the device was not rooted which was false. It installs SuperSU on it, and well it definitely has root access.

Then find yourself a PlayStore .apk and throw it in. I cant remember if there was an accountsync/services apk as well which was installed? I picked this tablet up a few weeks ago and have had no issues since. Seems to be well rounded for the most part.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by chadcolewin7 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Have searched everywhere for a rooted rom with google play store for the Polaroid PTAB8000 8inch tablet but no luck. Assume either not availble or just not a popular tablet? Or other roms here for Polaroid tabs might be compatible?

Comment

H3GS,

Thank you, will give this a go and let you know how it worked. Much appreciated for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X