RK3368 - True OctaCore Firmware Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post

I may have stuck one on can't recall have not used it in a while will have pull apart and look see.
    Good looking Rom

No Heat sink......well it will in a few minutes...
    hahaah i only have some thermal pad
    RK3368 - True OctaCore Firmware Release for z68 i hope that will be good rom by shomari

Comment

All fixed soon Click image for larger version

Name:	cool.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	600985
      Attached Files
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by notShomari View Post

what firmware is your geekbox on?
        I running followmsi 64 bit mm. 702. I tried to get yours to boot but reinstalled mm.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

notShomari could you please explain in detail how you did this and please release your source code and kernel configs?
          I have a rk3368 device with a RTL8723BS wifi chip and would love to use this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am using a nexbox 809VI.
          Last edited by l33tlinuxh4x0r; 10-03-2016, 01:59.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
            notShomari could you please explain in detail how you did this and please release your source code and kernel configs?
            I have a rk3368 device with a RTL8723BS wifi chip and would love to use this.

Thanks in advance.
            ... it'll actually work fine on your device. And you can use the kernel of your choice; I didn't even bother with the kernel sources I have, it's all about the firmware.

Comment

... it'll actually work fine on your device. And you can use the kernel of your choice; I didn't even bother with the kernel sources I have, it's all about the firmware.
              So if I unpack the firmware.img All that I need to flash is the system.img and I will be overclocked?

Comment

Originally posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post

So if I unpack the firmware.img All that I need to flash is the system.img and I will be overclocked?
                ... more like boot and resource, basically. That'll get you there. I plan on posting a detailed how-to on getting around the RK3368 big.LITTLE restraints soon. Remember, this is just a first step and I hope others join in to expand on this work. Keep in mind, my firmware has other changes that impact performance. But of course, my main goal was to remove the big.LITTLE hindrance on the RK3368, and I'm 95% there. Still a few bits left...

Comment

For the Z68 - please test. Different from above; it's based on previous mod I did using UT4* (edit) firmware for freakkid | this time to allow true multicore same as firmware in OP.

https://mega.nz/#!iUgDzAwB!5VA9s3Y2C...kMB3ruikoSKMSI
                  Hi notShomar,

same as post#15 on my Z68...no go..will try to wipe and reflash......

Comment

Hi notShowmari,

updated Z68 firmware works with original resource.img with size of 513kb from previous mod...maybe new updated resource.img is corrupted..still missing goodies from new resource.img with size of 268kb..

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
                      Hi notShowmari,

updated Z68 firmware works with original resource.img with size of 513kb from previous mod...maybe new updated resource.img is corrupted..still missing goodies from new resource.img with size of 268kb..

... thanks for the info. I'll give it another go in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
                        Hi notShowmari,

here is just the resource image [for Z68 only]. Please test

Comment

Did i miss the geekbox firmware it was here i am sure of it lol....
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Did i miss the geekbox firmware it was here i am sure of it lol....

Comment

Can you make octacore marshmallow firmware for z68?

Comment

Hi , i tried this yesterday on RK3368 Z4 2/16 GB ... It was Speedy and Snappy but the HOME Button and MULTI button did not work .. had real problems going back. is that Fixed now ?

Comment

Working...
                                X