RK3368 - True OctaCore Firmware Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faizytvbox View Post
    Hi , i tried this yesterday on RK3368 Z4 2/16 GB ... It was Speedy and Snappy but the HOME Button and MULTI button did not work .. had real problems going back. is that Fixed now ?
    ...I can't reproduce that problem. Z4 2/16 is my test device.

Comment

i will try it again tonight might be a Bad Flash ...

Comment

Originally posted by notShomari View Post

here is just the resource image [for Z68 only]. Please test
        Hi notShomari,

Tested new resource.img with updated mod for Z68...reboots when testing with antutu and eventually starts to freeze requiring reboot...the additional cores might be to much for this little monster..went back to updated Z68 firmware w/ 1st resource.img...since the boot.img is new what benefits will I get unless it is designed to work with new resource.img?

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post

Hi notShomari,

Tested new resource.img with updated mod for Z68...reboots when testing with antutu and eventually starts to freeze requiring reboot...the additional cores might be to much for this little monster..went back to updated Z68 firmware w/ 1st resource.img...since the boot.img is new what benefits will I get unless it is designed to work with new resource.img?
          Can you tell me at what point it freezes during Antutu? And if it freezes outside of Antutu, do you remember during which activity?

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post

Hi notShomari,

Actually, I just remembered, since that's the ugoos mod it probably isn't as well tuned. You might want to try the firmware from the OP with the kernel and resource of the Z68 mod.

Comment

For the Z68, the boot.img does impact performance. The major component is the resource image, but the mod isn't complete without the boot image as well.

Comment

Hi notShomari,

you mean first z68 mod or mod from first post with updated kernal and resource?......will do...

Comment

Try putting the mod in the firmware from this thread, by using the resource made for your device. If it still doesn't work correctly, I'll update it in the future

edit: make sure to use the modded resource and also your boot image (from the first z68 mod)

Comment

Originally posted by notShomari View Post
                    Try putting the mod in the firmware from this thread, by using the resource made for your device. If it still doesn't work correctly, I'll update it in the future

edit: make sure to use the modded resource and also your boot image (from the first z68 mod)
                    Hi notShomare,

This combination did not work..reboots after kernel image..

Comment

Shomari... I've been admiring your work from afar for a while now in hopes of firmware for my device. Any chance of a "True OctaCore" rom for the Zidoo X6 pro?

RK3368
                      Octacore Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5GHz
                      PowerVR G6110
                      2GB DDR3
                      16GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot
                      Gigabit Ethernet
                      802.11AC AP6335 dual-band WIFI
                      Bluetooth 4.0
                      HDMI 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by CivicObligation View Post
                        Shomari... I've been admiring your work from afar for a while now in hopes of firmware for my device. Any chance of a "True OctaCore" rom for the Zidoo X6 pro?

RK3368
                        Octacore Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5GHz
                        PowerVR G6110
                        2GB DDR3
                        16GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot
                        Gigabit Ethernet
                        802.11AC AP6335 dual-band WIFI
                        Bluetooth 4.0
                        HDMI 2.0
                        ...sure. Either that (as long as you agree to test beforehand) or you can use my upcoming tutorial.

Comment

Sure thing. I'd be more than happy to run whatever tests you need. I'm fairly novice, so you might have to walk me through some of it. But, I look forward to helping you help many others.

Comment

...updated build http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ovember-update

Comment

shomari_ I have the same box as CivicObligationa and would be glad to test and give feedback. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X