Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK908 Insides + Cooling Mod (WARNING: Pic intensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesawolf View Post
    CM work is progressing well but I've been focusing on getting the kernel and CWM (recovery, 6.0.3.3) running to a point that I'm happy with. Once I can iron out a few bugs in my kernel and get CWM running with a few more options (keyboard works fine, just need to get mouse navigation working better either with gesture navigation or with a navigation overlay), I'll continue concentrating on CM (10.1.1). Expect some test kernels, CWM, and initial CM builds soon enough. Hopefully Strauzo releases some of his kernel work soon and we can get some of his fixes implemented so can move on to other things to focus on.
    This sounds almost too good to be true! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Re: MK908 Insides + Cooling Mod (WARNING: Pic intensive)

@thesawolf

How are things progressing?
      I don't know how everybody else feels but I'm super excited about the possibility of running CM on my CX919. Is the only android device left that I own that doesn't run it so far.

Please let us know how it is going, even if it's just telling us that you stopped. I hope that's not true though

Signature? Signature!

Comment

I've been focused on getting the kernel optimized first. Almost at a point I can stop fiddling with the kernel and get back to work on the rest of the system. cwm and cm10.1.X are working but needed that optimized kernel readied before I could proceed with it. Slowly but surely.. but it'll be available for testing soon enough.
        Question Reality: Find Your Own Truth!

My MK908 Cooling Mod and Breakdown : HERE
        My RK3188 Github Repos (NOTE: Works-in-Progress!) : HERE

Sent my Epic4G AND Backflip into nearspace... what have YOU done with your phone?

Want to say thanks for something I did/said or DONATE to my drink fund?

Comment

odd
          120F isn't all that hot should't be shutting down at that low of a temp
          current devices(rockchip sucks)
          Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
          Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
          rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Hey, I'm planning to do the same so I'm grateful someone posted some tips on how to do it.

I'm having a hard time finding a good hole or spot to remove the case that is attached to the heatsink, any tips? The top portion (the vent side that doesn't have the Tronsmart logo) was easy to remove.

Really, thanks again!

A

Comment

Originally posted by akh23 View Post
              Hey, I'm planning to do the same so I'm grateful someone posted some tips on how to do it.

I'm having a hard time finding a good hole or spot to remove the case that is attached to the heatsink, any tips? The top portion (the vent side that doesn't have the Tronsmart logo) was easy to remove.

Really, thanks again!

A
              I figured it out. If anyone else was curious, you take a tiny pin or flat edge (I used a pair of scissors) and go under the sd card slow just gently, and it'll pop open.

Now time to buy all the heat sinks/fans/goodies

Comment

Here is my MK908 sticks.
                - the old - is a V3 which was very hot, who died suddenly after 3 weeks, when I cool modding.
                - the new one is also a V3 going great, does not heat up at all, it runs without freezing and reboots 1080p, Wi-Fi and BT going great.
                Attached Files
                ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
                KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

Here it is, my mk908v3(a) mod
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130830_143426.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	430798

Mini heatsinks with artic silver thermal paste, and a mini 12 volt fan working @ 5 volts (fan not included In picture)

Comment

nice moddings here
                    i know that this is about mk908 but when you have time take a look at my mk802iv
                    i know its not anymore an android minipc but it does the job pretty well

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
                    Last edited by neoal; 09-22-2013, 00:08.
                    FIRMWARE & HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR ANDROID TV STICKS
                    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApGXribKk_8gdEc3YnlmOHlfRlRQVUxFbkJ3Zzg3U EE&output=html
                    My Plexi MK802IV mod
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...xi-MK802IV-mod

Comment

i have a big xigmatek thor's hammer heatsink that weighs nearly 1kg and i just freely sit it on top, the unit stays cool to the touch were as without a heatsink 3d games would only last about 20s before rebooting due to heat. simple solution if you cant be bothered pulling the unit apart

Comment

My simple cooling mod for T428:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice.
                          Typical Russian!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
                            Nice.
                            Typical Russian!
                            Why you mention about national characteristics? The case proved to be very fragile, and I had to burn a hole with a soldering iron (unfortunately, I don't have a wonderful tool such as "DREMEL"). Nylon tie is not reliable, that is why I used a copper wire.
                            To me the result is important, not appearance.
                            Last edited by krasnoff; 09-27-2013, 19:07.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
                              Nice.
                              Typical Russian!
                              Lol, is a very nice mod, simple and it will work very well, for sure that this mod keep the device well refrigerated, some people wants a beautiful mod and others prefer functional mods. What do you think about my simple mod?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1415.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	430854

Typical spanish? We must try to keep respect for all people please
                              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                              My devices:
                              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                              Gearbest.com)
                              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I did not mean to offend anyone. I apologize if I offended anyone.
                                Typical Russian, sustainable means to us.
                                Typical Spanish .... I do not know mean something to us. You put two huge coolers on the case of the stick ..... so what can I say?

Comment

Working...
                                X