Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK908 Insides + Cooling Mod (WARNING: Pic intensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

children behave or daddy is gonna get the infraction-hammer
    current devices(rockchip sucks)
    Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
    Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
    rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Re: MK908 Insides + Cooling Mod (WARNING: Pic intensive)

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
      I did not mean to offend anyone. I apologize if I offended anyone.
      Typical Russian, sustainable means to us.
      Typical Spanish .... I do not know mean something to us. You put two huge coolers on the case of the stick ..... so what can I say?
      The we misunderstand you, sorry.

leolas.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Comment

Is it essential that you remove the reflector adhesive? I figure might as well leave it...

Also, I've got a small 20mm fan lying around, in your opinion do you think it would make much difference using it, and going through the trouble to hooking it up/tying the wires to a usb cord, etc?

Thanks,

A

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
            Typical Russian, sustainable means to us.
            Also for us Finns "a typical Russian design" is something that is rugged, built to last but not necessarily very pleasing to the eye (i.e. aesthetics be damned as long as it works).

(I once had a Russian-made 110V-220V step-up voltage converter. It was built of cast iron and weighed more than 5kg).
            Last edited by Molle; 11-06-2013, 10:01.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

So I added my heatsink, did all the work, and now my device won't turn on

I must have done something wrong along the way, scratched a card with my tools or electro-shocked the entire thing.

Anyone have any advice? Or am I completely out of luck and have wasted around $100 ??

Comment

These is my mod

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
                Tronsmart MK908 Since 2013
                Himedia Q5 III Since 2014

Comment

My cooling mod

This is my cooling mod (MK908 version II).

When I got my first MK908II, it crashed usually after 5-10 minutes of use, especially when watching videos. I opened the case and detact the cooler. There was small "burn" spot there on the CPU, I think the thermal paste was not applied to whole surface of the CPU (at the factory), so therefore part of CPU overheated for good... I tried to re-apply paste, but damage was already done.

I returned that and I got a brand new replacement from the Geekbuying. In this new device the original thermal paste was applied "a bit" better than in previous one, but there was still one corner (~7 mm area) without paste... I applied new paste carefully to whole CPU surface and made the following mod before the first boot of the new device - now it had worked perfectly stable

I got a computer fan with own PSU and bigger cooler. I put all in to some old plastic box, made holes to walls, so air can pass thru.

BTW: Does anyone know how to get CPU temperature data? Does this even have a CPU temperature sensor? I already tried "cpu temperature app by mooncakes" from Play store, its not working

Comment

Glued On Heatsink

Originally posted by thesawolf View Post
                    I used a blow dryer on the heatsink for a couple minutes and twisted the heatsink right off without much trouble
                    I've got a Geekbuying Tronsmart MK908II and have tried the hair dryer, even used a plastic strip to help pry and the heatsink refuses to budge.
                    From what I can see it seems to be only touching the chip in the center, but it has to be some kind of glue.
                    Guess I'll just try to give it some forced air cooling.

Comment

Heatsing was tightly connected on my MK908II also. Their thermal paste has very good glueing properties

I got it detached this way: first cool down or heat up the heatsink, you choice - I cooled it down. Grab on the edges of the heatsink with pliers, then rotate the heatsink gently - rotate on same level that heatsink is (CW/CCW), not up/down. Be careful not to bend circuit board or hit the parts of board with pliers. You may need to do slight rotations maybe over 5 minutes, then the paste-glue connetion becomes stressed and it detach very easily

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
                        I'll give it a try.

Comment

Re: MK908 Insides + Cooling Mod (WARNING: Pic intensive)

Nice jobs dude....thanks for your mods..it is inspired me....

Sent from my A18 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                          X