Help With Flashing Roms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Flashing Roms

First off, I unfortunately didn't know where else to put this so if there is a more proper place to put it let me know and I will move it there.

I unfortunately bought a USB A Male to Male only to find that when I try to flash my boxes it doesn't work, I was hoping someone with the knowledge or experience could help me. Here's what I've tried.

I've connected the USB cable only to find that it provides power to my box and when I try to use the toothpick method (even though I don't use a toothpick) it gets stuck on the boot logo however I do hear it connect to my PC and show up in the USB Burning tool, but when I try to flash it it powers off at UBOOT installation, which I find odd..

Next I tried inserting both the power cable and the usb cable at the same time and using the toothpick method and the same error occured and the box shutoff.

I've tried getting into recovery mode by using a false .zip and updating from the software included but I get stuck at the boot logo and it wont go past it, only to have it error again and shut down if I try to flash it.
    I've tried going into recovery by connecting just the power cable which WORKS however when I connect the USB cable it wont show up on my computer.

I've found if I just connect the USB it will power up like it had a power connect connected to it, could it be that is the problem?
    This has happened on both My Mini M8S II and T95X both of which are S905X boxes. I'm pretty much stumped at this point.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

This is what I do to flash my M8S Mini II. I've successfully flashed my box several times.
    1. Plug one end of the USB cable into the PC. Load the img file into the burn tool and press start.
    2. Push and hold down the reset button with a toothpick/pin and plug the other end of the USB cable into the box while holding the reset button down. I dunno when exactly you can release the reset button but I just hold it until the windows connection beep stops.
    3. When it finishes, press stop and connect the box to your display. It will stay at the boot screen for a few minutes but it will eventually boot to the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      This is what I do to flash my M8S Mini II. I've successfully flashed my box several times.
      1. Plug one end of the USB cable into the PC. Load the img file into the burn tool and press start.
      2. Push and hold down the reset button with a toothpick/pin and plug the other end of the USB cable into the box while holding the reset button down. I dunno when exactly you can release the reset button but I just hold it until the windows connection beep stops.
      3. When it finishes, press stop and connect the box to your display. It will stay at the boot screen for a few minutes but it will eventually boot to the OS.
      That is the same method I use for my S905X box, and it works great. I turn my computer volume up so I can hear the beep when my box connects to my computer.

You don't need to use your power cable, or have it connected to your TV, just your box connected to your computer using the male to male USB cable.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

So beating it with a hammer and throwing at the wall doesnt help Although it is good for making me feel better (until i have to pick up the pieces)
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is the same method I use for my S905X box, and it works great. I turn my computer volume up so I can hear the beep when my box connects to my computer.

You don't need to use your power cable, or have it connected to your TV, just your box connected to your computer using the male to male USB cable.
          Hey clarkss12! I ended up trying this method but unfortunately no luck.

I've included a screenshot of the error has this ever happened to you?

And haha scooter, this box is sorta making me want to do that but with my head unfortunately.

I'm starting to think it's just my cable.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try a newer version of the burning tool: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-lan-bt/page15

Also I'm not sure if it matters, but try the USB port on the back (where the HDMI port is) if you haven't already.

Comment

Rahzel! My savior again! I don't know if your remember me but you helped me find the older ROM for one of my Mini M8S's and your suggestion of updating here did the trick!

Thank you so much and I hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

Comment

No worries, glad I could help.

Comment

Working...
                X